• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New CBA Deal

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post the good things as they come in please

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really cool.

This should

A. make it easier for teams to keep their star

and

B. make it harder for super-teams to form since each guy will prob want to be a "designated" guy

sure glad Love and Kyrie locked in those deals....

I wonder when it comes into effect---- Steph Curry will def want to be a "designated guy"....both him and Durant cant both be. etc....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I like the 5 and 6 year extension deals even if players have to meet specific requirements to get them. The league is BETTER when there's more opportunity for player movement. Anything that makes that harder isn't a good thing. The free agency boom that started with Lebron in 2010 has made the summer months important and has basically transformed the NBA into a year round league. From October to until August, you're paying attention to the NBA now. That's a big deal. This "make it easier for small market" stuff is just to mask laziness of NBA front offices. Instead of actually cultivating a good team and winning organization, they can just throw money at a guy because he can't say no. (BTW, those large market teams like the Lakers and Knicks sure have been killing it FA haven't they? :rolleyes2:)

I do like expanding the roster to 17 guys to allow for "two way players" that bounce between the NBA and D-League.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really cool.

This should

A. make it easier for teams to keep their star

and

B. make it harder for super-teams to form since each guy will prob want to be a "designated" guy

sure glad Love and Kyrie locked in those deals....

I wonder when it comes into effect---- Steph Curry will def want to be a "designated guy"....both him and Durant cant both be. etc....

Neither of these are good things.

You don't need corporate welfare.

Most teams already have their guy for 8-10 years (most rookies take the extension if they're any good). Teams don't need more help.

And it's a proven fact that the more free your free agency is, the more parity you have.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I like the 5 and 6 year extension deals even if players have to meet specific requirements to get them. The league is BETTER when there's more opportunity for player movement. Anything that makes that harder isn't a good thing. The free agency boom that started with Lebron in 2010 has made the summer months important and has basically transformed the NBA into a year round league. From October to until August, you're paying attention to the NBA now. That's a big deal. This "make it easier for small market" stuff is just to mask laziness of NBA front offices. Instead of actually cultivating a good team and winning organization, they can just throw money at a guy because he can't say no. (BTW, those large market teams like the Lakers and Knicks sure have been killing it FA haven't they? :rolleyes2:)

I do like expanding the roster to 17 guys to allow for "two way players" that bounce between the NBA and D-League.

BINGO.

At least someone else in here has a clue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of these are good things.

You don't need corporate welfare.

Most teams already have their guy for 8-10 years (most rookies take the extension if they're any good). Teams don't need more help.

And it's a proven fact that the more free your free agency is, the more parity you have.

Cavs vs Warriors for the 3rd straight year next June.

PARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at all this great parity in the NBA. Since 2012, there's been probably a grand total of 4 or 5 teams that had a chance at winning a title.

San Antonio Spurs 2012-Present
Miami Heat 2012-2014
Golden State Warriors 2014-Present
OKC Thunder 2012-2016
Cleveland Cavs 2014-Present

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NBA doesn't have any remote kind of true FA. Baseball has the most free process and they have the most parity.

Look what happened to the NFL when they finally got free agency.

It's a historical fact.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA doesn't have any remote kind of true FA. Baseball has the most free process and they have the most parity.

Look what happened to the NFL when they finally got free agency.

It's a historical fact.

I see your point but with whats going on in Cleveland and Golden State (and originally started with Boston and Miami). Players would just try to create the next super team which doesn't exactly help.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point but with whats going on in Cleveland and Golden State (and originally started with Boston and Miami). Players would just try to create the next super team which doesn't exactly help.

Not really true.

Super teams have been fantastic for the NBA.

Also boston had 1 home grown guy, and traded premium young assets for their other 2. Not really the same. But they just started the model.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really true.

Super teams have been fantastic for the NBA.

Also boston had 1 home grown guy, and traded premium young assets for their other 2. Not really the same. But they just started the model.

Super teams is fantastic for the NBA popularity, ratings, and etc but its not great for fans of other teams IMO especially when you get the same finals for 3 straight years.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super teams is fantastic for the NBA popularity, ratings, and etc but its not great for fans of other teams IMO especially when you get the same finals for 3 straight years.

You can't overreact based to something that was a complete hodge podge of unlikely scenarios to come true.

Finding 2 stars outside of the top 10 picks and getting Curry to sign for a bargain because of health issues that cleared up shortly after signing the deal....all highly unlikely.

The Cavs...they won the lottery 3 years in a row, not to mention Lebron just happens to be a local boy who had the story of white knight...even after the nba rigged the lottery for CLE in 2003.

But this is the crap people overreact to. Not looking at the factors that caused these things.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. With the ease of travel, social media, etc., etc. The larger market teams can't just monopolize the best players anymore with promises of more exposure, better marketing opportunities, etc. Now, it doesn't really matter where a guy is, those opportunities will be there for him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's look at all this great parity in the NBA. Since 2012, there's been probably a grand total of 4 or 5 teams that had a chance at winning a title.

San Antonio Spurs 2012-Present
Miami Heat 2012-2014
Golden State Warriors 2014-Present
OKC Thunder 2012-2016
Cleveland Cavs 2014-Present

Look at the teams you have listed. There was a time when those teams would never have been able to do what they have done because, with the possible exception of Miami, they couldn't have gotten the players they needed to do it.

Also, I think "superteams" are okay for fans of other teams because it gives them a "villain." When Lebron was in Miami, people watched. Some were watching because they were Miami/Lebron fans, some watched because they hated Lebron and/or the "superteam." But people watched.

As @wildturkey pointed out, there's no need to "make things easier for the smaller markets." Doing so just covers up for lazy FO's.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also that chick talked a big game, but clearly didn't walk the walk.

she did nothing for this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Amnesty clause is no more.

The Q

Hoopla Cash