• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never too Early to Talk Draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
condensed version

Everyone on this board knows we have to fix the defense first and foremost. Goff can win enough with the current offensive roster.
We need a backup QB out of this draft who can sit, learn or if necessary be an emergency replacement for a couple of games and maybe a starting RG, but it's imperative to draft starting DE, 3-tech DT, MIKE, CB2 outside and possibly a NB and SS.

We simply cannot afford to vacate the defensive needs of this team and expect to be a viable winning team without those immediate upgrades.

Speaking from experience, you can't really count on being a viable winning team with Goff at QB either. He's mid-level at best.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
played smartly, we can easily come out of this draft with 4 to 5 day one starters on defense

Maybe so, but if true that is more an indication of the current state of the D I guess?

Not throwing shade, the Rams could probably draft instant OL starters in a similar fashion.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking from experience, you can't really count on being a viable winning team with Goff at QB either. He's mid-level at best.

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Eli Manning were all on teams that won Super Bowls. None of those four QB's were Elite. Eli was the best of the three. but he had as many flaws as possible in his game as Goff.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Rams could probably draft instant OL starters in a similar fashion.

This is true for this upcoming draft as Snead didn't trade away his early picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds for 2023.
All draft prospects are simply that until proven otherwise even with us hoping the defensive players we hope are drafted all pan out for the positive.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate this draft as a whole if it were to happen. I don't mind the 3 defensive players chosen in the draft, but it's the slot where 2 of them were drafted - Branch and Benton.

Lions Wire writer Jeff Risdon should know better putting this out for display, but many of the local or even national sports media writers speak of being flush with cap space money for free agency in 2023. Nope. All of you are incorrect unless you release Brockers, Romeo, Vaitai and Goff, then you'd be flush for a hot minute.

I love the thought of Brian Branch - not the homerism either - being added to thus defense, but I cannot get past the premise he's a first round graded Safety. Benton, a NT, seems too early at the Vikings former slotted 2nd round slot. Most of us would love drafting Penei's Lí'll bro even at No.45 - which might or might not be a tad sooner than expected.

No.4 QB CJ Stroud
No.15 S Brian Branch
No.45 ILB Noah Sewell
No.61 NT Keeanu Benton - Hawaiian first name for Honolulu Blue, I guess

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on Michigan Center Olusegun Oluwatimi for the Lions draft. He played primarily Center for Virginia 3 years and then for Michigan this past season, but this kid can play. He's projected not only as Center but also OG.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@elguapo I have some saddening news for you. Grayson McCall has entered the transfer portal. TBH, he could use a year at a power 5 school to up his draft stock. Coastal Carolina runs a lot of RPO. He needs to play in a more pro-style offense. Former Michigan QB Cade McNamara could use some competition now that he transferred to Iowa.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate this draft as a whole if it were to happen. I don't mind the 3 defensive players chosen in the draft, but it's the slot where 2 of them were drafted - Branch and Benton.

Lions Wire writer Jeff Risdon should know better putting this out for display, but many of the local or even national sports media writers speak of being flush with cap space money for free agency in 2023. Nope. All of you are incorrect unless you release Brockers, Romeo, Vaitai and Goff, then you'd be flush for a hot minute.

I love the thought of Brian Branch - not the homerism either - being added to thus defense, but I cannot get past the premise he's a first round graded Safety. Benton, a NT, seems too early at the Vikings former slotted 2nd round slot. Most of us would love drafting Penei's Lí'll bro even at No.45 - which might or might not be a tad sooner than expected.

No.4 QB CJ Stroud
No.15 S Brian Branch
No.45 ILB Noah Sewell
No.61 NT Keeanu Benton - Hawaiian first name for Honolulu Blue, I guess
Probably a no from me on the first 2 picks. Unless we are not signing Elliot back there is no reason for an early round safety. Stroud does not seem like a big upgrade over Goff. Carter with the first pick and then I am probably taking Ringo with that next 1st pick and moving Jacobs inside. Then Sewell and then maybe AR-15 if he lasts that long.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a no from me on the first 2 picks. Unless we are not signing Elliot back there is no reason for an early round safety. Stroud does not seem like a big upgrade over Goff. Carter with the first pick and then I am probably taking Ringo with that next 1st pick and moving Jacobs inside. Then Sewell and then maybe AR-15 if he lasts that long.
Stroud is a down grade from Goff. When there is pressure the movie Happy Feet comes to mind watching him play.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions still sitting at NO.4 overall from the Rams.
Their pick currently sits at NO.15

Hopefully Baker will make the Thursday Night appearance the high point of his 2022 season, doing just enough to kindle some interest but not enough to put up any more W’s.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Baker will make the Thursday Night appearance the high point of his 2022 season, doing just enough to kindle some interest but not enough to put up any more W’s.

They don't have an easy schedule remaining

at GB
vs Den
at LAC
at Sea

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty decent draft site by name only for who may become eligible for the 2023 NFL draft.

I completely ignore a site player ranking

Holmes needs to seriously consider replacing Lions LS Scott Daly - and not through the draft.
In 2022 Daly has had more than a 1/2 dozen highly questionable snaps which if it weren't for Fox somehow recovering to try to get errant snap placed correctly then the PK FGA% might have been worse. No old lion this isn't an excuse for Seibert being horrible or the missed FGA's by Badgely. It's based on factual evidence.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@elguapo I have some saddening news for you. Grayson McCall has entered the transfer portal. TBH, he could use a year at a power 5 school to up his draft stock. Coastal Carolina runs a lot of RPO. He needs to play in a more pro-style offense. Former Michigan QB Cade McNamara could use some competition now that he transferred to Iowa.

I saw, wanted to cry too! Like dude come out as a fifth rd pick so we can grab you and groom you into the next great QB!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw, wanted to cry too! Like dude come out as a fifth rd pick so we can grab you and groom you into the next great QB!
That would have been great

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched an awful lot of multiple actual games by the following CFB QB who may enter the draft, but I'll toss some names out to possibly consider for day 3.

First would be WSU Cameron Ward: 6'2 220 lbs., he only has 1 year at PAC 12 Cougars as he transferred in from Incarnate Word, but he's awesome to watch. He was sacked 40x and I don't know enough about that situation to state it's mostly on him. He has a very strong arm and is extremely mobile, but in the same token he's still somewhat raw. I believe he stays at WSU one more year.

Bo Nix 6'3 215 lbs.: I've watched him since his freshman days at Auburn. He was a tough watch as he consistently made ill-advised plays and then he exploded into a completely different player this year at Oregon. Gone were taken bad sacks, throwing into double/triple coverages. He has quick feet and is mobile to get out of trouble, but I truly wonder if the wide-open scheme he played in elevated a false reality.

Bo Nix College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Adrian Martinez 6'2 220 lbs.: We all know him from his Nebraska Days. He too changed his play once he transferred to Kansas State. He looked so much more comfortable this year and then the injury bug happened.

Jordan Travis 6'1 212 lbs.: from OurLads and I agree with them - Rapid fire footspeed and shows the mental + physical urgency to get the ball out. Lightning-fast release and shows great touch on throws over layers of the defense. Size and pure arm power to the outside can limit how big the playbook can be.

Jayden Daniels - LSU - 6'2 190 lbs. - even though he's listed at 200. He's as much as 200 lbs. as Bryce Young would be.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched an awful lot of multiple actual games by the following CFB QB who may enter the draft, but I'll toss some names out to possibly consider for day 3.

First would be WSU Cameron Ward: 6'2 220 lbs., he only has 1 year at PAC 12 Cougars as he transferred in from Incarnate Word, but he's awesome to watch. He was sacked 40x and I don't know enough about that situation to state it's mostly on him. He has a very strong arm and is extremely mobile, but in the same token he's still somewhat raw. I believe he stays at WSU one more year.

Bo Nix 6'3 215 lbs.: I've watched him since his freshman days at Auburn. He was a tough watch as he consistently made ill-advised plays and then he exploded into a completely different player this year at Oregon. Gone were taken bad sacks, throwing into double/triple coverages. He has quick feet and is mobile to get out of trouble, but I truly wonder if the wide-open scheme he played in elevated a false reality.

Bo Nix College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Adrian Martinez 6'2 220 lbs.: We all know him from his Nebraska Days. He too changed his play once he transferred to Kansas State. He looked so much more comfortable this year and then the injury bug happened.

Jordan Travis 6'1 212 lbs.: from OurLads and I agree with them - Rapid fire footspeed and shows the mental + physical urgency to get the ball out. Lightning-fast release and shows great touch on throws over layers of the defense. Size and pure arm power to the outside can limit how big the playbook can be.

Jayden Daniels - LSU - 6'2 190 lbs. - even though he's listed at 200. He's as much as 200 lbs. as Bryce Young would be.

Maybe Travis later in the draft as a project but none of these guys excite me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Travis later in the draft as a project but none of these guys excite me.

Agree, however should Holmes trade out of wherever the Rams/Lions pick ends up and he adds a 2023 2nd or 3rd round pick while not giving up any of the other picks then I could possibly see a day 2 QB being selected.

Holmes does need to add a QB at some point to develop into a backup QB. Most of these possible draft eligible QB's are nothing more than a day 3 flier.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the negatives are already out regarding 2023 draft prospects.

NFL Hot Press​

*Walt taking 2014 and 2018
Charlie Campbell, Senior Draft Analyst
Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell for updates.
Led all NFL media in draft rumor accuracy in '15, '16, '17, '18, and '20
Led all NFL media in correct picks for the 2017 and 2019 NFL Drafts

2021 NFL MOCK DRAFT - WALT'S | CHARLIE'S ROUND: 1

Teams Have Makeup Concerns with Jalen Carter​

Updated Dec. 15, 2022
By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

Since the start of the 2023 NFL Draft process, Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter has been one of the consensus top prospects. Scouts and other evaluators have called Carter a better prospect than former teammates Jordan Davis and Devonte Wyatt, both first-round picks last April. Carter has had a fine junior season while dealing with some injuries, and he closed out the regular season with some impressive performances. Carter looks destined to be a top-10 pick next April in the 2023 NFL Draft, but pro team sources also note they have some makeup concerns with Carter.

Team sources told WalterFootball.com that scouts have heard that Carter is not a hard worker at Georgia and they do not believe that he loves football. It is not uncommon for prospects who are supremely talented to not be seen as hard workers. They are so physically gifted that things have come easy, and they have not had to work exceptionally hard to be elite at college level. However, that changes in the NFL, where teams want players who have a good work ethic and love to play football. Carter has developed a reputation of not being a worker or loving football, so that could rub some NFL teams that are picking high in the first round the wrong way.