• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never too Early to Talk Draft

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take their analysis as you will, but here's some of their scouting reports regarding CFB CB.

I only watched one game of him but I wanna see the report on that kid from Utah. I loved his game that I did see. His game will translate to NFL better than Porter or Ringo. Again from what I've seen.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is worth the nearly 20 minutes to watch, if you're looking for a day 3 MIKE, in my opinion.
Eichenberg displays very good downhill and lateral burst/speed, and his instincts are above average.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watched one game of him but I wanna see the report on that kid from Utah. I loved his game that I did see. His game will translate to NFL better than Porter or Ringo. Again from what I've seen.

Done.

At your service, Sir.

I didn't post any CB in that slew of others that I thought were primarily destined for NB. Phillips isn't and shouldn't be considered an outside CB for the NFL. He could play outside CB if needed in a pinch, but I don't believe he'd be successful long-term outside.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is worth the nearly 20 minutes to watch, if you're looking for a day 3 MIKE, in my opinion.
Eichenberg displays very good downhill and lateral burst/speed, and his instincts are above average.

Tommy 2 Thumbs LOL. Scouts dont rank him very high so he could be there day 3

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done.

At your service, Sir.

I didn't post any CB in that slew of others that I thought were primarily destined for NB. Phillips isn't and shouldn't be considered an outside CB for the NFL. He could play outside CB if needed in a pinch, but I don't believe he'd be successful long-term outside.
I think he'll be an excellent CB2 that can go inside on nickel. He'll struggle against like a Justin Jefferson or any of those high catch point guys. Dk Metcalf would be his worst nightmare. But the game I saw he would be a starting NFL cb but would need to be protected. If that scouting report is accurate though I might have just seen his best game in college.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be an excellent CB2 that can go inside on nickel. He'll struggle against like a Justin Jefferson or any of those high catch point guys. Dk Metcalf would be his worst nightmare. But the game I saw he would be a starting NFL cb but would need to be protected. If that scouting report is accurate though I might have just seen his best game in college.
Na, he plays that good every week. He is the best defender on one of the best defenses in college.

I think he is a NB, but he will be a damn good one.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McCall a lot.

I have no confidence that any of my choices for day 3 would be available.

I think Holmes would need a back-end 3rd round or at worse very early 4th round to secure McCall as a draft pick.

I also doubt the Lions will be in position to draft Ringo or Porter Jr. or even Foskey should they draft in that 15-18 range. I suspect they're all drafted by then.
If we are in the 2-3 range, I am hoping they trade back a couple and get porter, I dont think he makes it past 8-10 for sure.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are in the 2-3 range, I am hoping they trade back a couple and get porter, I don't think he makes it past 8-10 for sure.

I would like nothing more than to see the Lions Specifically at No.2, a QB need team at No.3 and another QB need at No.4
No.4 jumps No.3 to our No.2 slot and BAM there you have it with your choice of Will Anderson or Jalen Carter.
Sweet Fantasy though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na, he plays that good every week. He is the best defender on one of the best defenses in college.

I think he is a NB, but he will be a damn good one.

If you get your wish of having Lions in top 2 and trading down a couple of spots, I surely would be pounding the table for Holmes to use one of those newly acquired picks to draft Phillips wherever he ends up ranked.

He is awesome and should be a better pro being with the right scheme and team.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like nothing more than to see the Lions Specifically at No.2, a QB need team at No.3 and another QB need at No.4
No.4 jumps No.3 to our No.2 slot and BAM there you have it with your choice of Will Anderson or Jalen Carter.
Sweet Fantasy though.
Love it, but not as far fetched as you think. Thats entirely plausible.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now, those laying out full extension ankle swatting tackles were a thing of beauty.
I definitely like that. Too many guys make business decisions in the NFL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet Fantasy though.

Do you not consider the Lions a QB need team anymore? It's tough to have an early pick and not take a shot at a franchise QB otherwise. I suppose if you trade back and get a 1st next year, you could move back up then (during Goff's last contract year).

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not consider the Lions a QB need team anymore? It's tough to have an early pick and not take a shot at a franchise QB otherwise. I suppose if you trade back and get a 1st next year, you could move back up then (during Goff's last contract year).
I think Goff has entered the Kirk Cousins discussion. He can be good enough to win, but you always are dreaming of something better. I would rather Lions draft defense over a QB with the early first.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Goff has entered the Kirk Cousins discussion. He can be good enough to win, but you always are dreaming of something better. I would rather Lions draft defense over a QB with the early first.
No one in the top of this draft class screams as the guy to me. Far too many glaring holes where a high pick in this insanely deep defensive draft can be an immediate upgrade for us.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

condensed version

This defense blows dick.

Everyone on this board knows we have to fix the defense first and foremost. Goff can win enough with the current offensive roster.
We need a backup QB out of this draft who can sit, learn or if necessary be an emergency replacement for a couple of games and maybe a starting RG, but it's imperative to draft starting DE, 3-tech DT, MIKE, CB2 outside and possibly a NB and SS.

We simply cannot afford to vacate the defensive needs of this team and expect to be a viable winning team without those immediate upgrades.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
condensed version

Everyone on this board knows we have to fix the defense first and foremost. Goff can win enough with the current offensive roster.
We need a backup QB out of this draft who can sit, learn or if necessary be an emergency replacement for a couple of games and maybe a starting RG, but it's imperative to draft starting DE, 3-tech DT, MIKE, CB2 outside and possibly a NB and SS.

We simply cannot afford to vacate the defensive needs of this team and expect to be a viable winning team without those immediate upgrades.
played smartly, we can easily come out of this draft with 4 to 5 day one starters on defense

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
played smartly, we can easily come out of this draft with 4 to 5 day one starters on defense
Agree

Could use an extra 2024 1st and some walking around change for 2023 in a 1st and 2nd round pick from the Panthers. No need to get greedy for dropping down two slots.

close enough example here with Bears and 49'ers

It'd be a little easier if the finish at the top is

Houston
Lions via Rams pick
Seattle via Broncos - Broncos have to play Rams
Panthers - Panthers are probably more desperate to draft a QB than Seahawks but they'd still have to be concerned Seattle getting the better of the leftover QB. Seattle can re-sign Geno Smith and possibly wait to draft a QB later on next year. They have Broncos 2023/2024 1st and 2nd round picks.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course, rams are beating raiders, which double screws us!