• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need to try and find a DL deep trading partner in need of a WR.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long thread and not a lot of time to read it, but which receiver that we were otherwise going to cut is going to be worth another team trading for? I like the potential of some of these guys but they were UDFAs for a reason and while they may become good players they really havent done anything yet to convince anyone they will be, have they? I think we tend to overvalue some of our talent this time of year because we read a good tweet or article. And as far as DL go we have plenty of depth IMO, but need talent. We need a top notch stud pass rusher and maybe another top player, but those aren't easy to find or cheap. I prefer waiting until cut down day and picking up a veteran that was cut, but I just don't think any of these teams want our WRs in return right now.

Not sure how you if all people are missing the point of trading what is sure to be a player we will release for a player another team is sure to release. Both teams will improve the depth of their roster with this idea.

At least your not saying we should trade our BU QB

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG! This is the ass-kissing BS that Twist keeps hounding you about.

You said that we needed to get rid of our only viable backup to get Suh from Detroit. You only took issue with the trading wide receivers we were going to cut because it wasn't enough to get someone else.

Here's a newsflash for you: even adding Weedon that still don't get you to be able to trade for a playmaking DL. Plus, even if Detroit were that stupid, we don't have the cap space AND we would still have to find a backup QB.

You aren't even close to being on the same page as jarntt. You make him sound like he's your co-idiot when he's a solid poster with relevant opinions.

Do I really need to respond to this. When did I ever say SUh. ? Some of you really have selective reading skills and you are looking to side with certain people any way you can. That's all good with me. I can handle myself fine. If though anyone can actually comprehend something besides a fucking cussing match then you should easily be able to see when WEedens name was brought up. I really don't see how I could be any clearer. Obviously though I think it's more lets pick a side a go after the same person that everyone else has. It's not hard to figure that shit out. If you were really being honest with yourself and went back and read this entire fucking thread you will see I made ever point Jarntt said. I'm not trying to be anyone else because I don't need to be. So be objective and go back and read the entire post or take your opinion and shove it straight up yours and the ratings kings ass. In tired if playing nice guy on this bull shit.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you if all people are missing the point of trading what is sure to be a player we will release for a player another team is sure to release. Both teams will improve the depth of their roster with this idea.

As for you , you can spin the shit however you fucking like. I only said trade WEeden if we could get an impact dlinemen like maybe FAirly. You were talking about trading players. Our trade chips are that are not starters are RYan Williams and Weeden. They become more valuable when an injury happens. Escobar, on the other hand, doesn't need an injury to take place.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG! This is the ass-kissing BS that Twist keeps hounding you about.

You said that we needed to get rid of our only viable backup to get Suh from Detroit. You only took issue with the trading wide receivers we were going to cut because it wasn't enough to get someone else.

Here's a newsflash for you: even adding Weedon that still don't get you to be able to trade for a playmaking DL. Plus, even if Detroit were that stupid, we don't have the cap space AND we would still have to find a backup QB.

You aren't even close to being on the same page as jarntt. You make him sound like he's your co-idiot when he's a solid poster with relevant opinions.

Oh and as far as me being an ass kisser. I saw a lot of ass kissing these past 40 something posts and ht wasn't coming from me. :whistle:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone EVER signed a FA (Weeden) then traded the FA before the season ever starts?

I agree with what PDay said about people over valuing players in preseason. ALL summer long I read about how the Eagles new WR Jordan Matthews is DOMINATING. How he hasnt had a drop all camp. How he is completely unguardable with Philly fans saying he is the next Fitz. He had a monster career in college but had two issues, drops and separation. He was bad our first game. 3 easy drops, no separation, 4 catches for a whopping 14 yards.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game PE1. Hope y'all cut him and we get him.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone EVER signed a FA (Weeden) then traded the FA before the season ever starts?

I agree with what PDay said about people over valuing players in preseason. ALL summer long I read about how the Eagles new WR Jordan Matthews is DOMINATING. How he hasnt had a drop all camp. How he is completely unguardable with Philly fans saying he is the next Fitz. He had a monster career in college but had two issues, drops and separation. He was bad our first game. 3 easy drops, no separation, 4 catches for a whopping 14 yards.

Weeden was a game. We would never trade him and I said that.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game PE1. Hope y'all cut him and we get him.

THats not what Im saying. Im saying there is a big difference in training camp as compared to pre-season. Then there is a monumental difference between pre-season and a real game. THis guy has been absolutely unstoppable leading the Philly fans to go over board. Josh Huff gets ZERO talk and just missed a TD getting tackled on the one and had a 102 yard kick return.

Gotta love Philly fans. THere are all ready people wanting Mr. Butt fumble as our QB cause Foles threw 2 (almost 3) picks in one 1/4. THe average fan is soooo up down. Hypothetically if Foles threw 2 TDs the same people ripping him today would be saying he is Canton bound. Im just agreeing with PDay. One cant judge a player for a long time. Especially after looking at the "LeSean McCoy is a bust" thread on an Eagles board from years ago. Keenan Allen had a better rookie year then MegaTron.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you always say this and it intrigues me when you do?

now I'll give you musicman, bovey, shark and joy being redskin fans. That bruise is multiple years in the making for the redskin faithful. Can not help it that I've been right 8 outta 10 times

you can count eastbay (logan), trs, nate if you like
AND...since I haven't seen much other than a lovefest or the comics from the fan nation newbies, by all means...count them too

BUT please big talker.......what board regular you talking about that would define me a troll. This should be some list. Step up twist....who you speaking for? UK? That's one...who else?

and while you're at it Mr. Football, please inform us who all the ass kisser's would be. I have a feeling that's anyone who would dare agree with a football statement of mine....but who else you got besides YOUR OPINION that romotoowens qualifies ( which is your pure bull shit at work, but hey the back alley from fan nation is with you regardless)

I don't think you are a troll. I think you are an arrogant asshole

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are a troll. I think you are an arrogant asshole

You know....I can actually respect this more than 3 pages about never talking football, being sad fried is gone, pen pals, everyone not liking me, or accepting some kinda faceoff on who knows football throughout the season.

Here's to all you swell people that are innocent and just get picked on.

:suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't miss the point at all. The theory is fine, but i don't see it happening. No one is trading anything for our #7 thru #9 WRs. Not even their lower end DL. Every team in the league can come up with a position they are "deep at" and a position they aren't and yet none of them are trading, right? The fact is that at this point in time those WRs aren't better than anyone else's bottom of the roster WRs. We think they are and hope they are, but we really have no clue if they are or not. Plus, teams don't want to just trade around players they will likely cut any way.

The players that normally get traded for the reasons you suggested are veterans that teams have a track record on and know what they are trading for. Now if a guy has a few big preseason games then maybe this can change, but they have no more value right now than they did when everyone passed on them in the 7th round. You don't think we tried to trade LaDamian Washington before cutting him? He was supposedly one of the most sought after UFDAs, but no one gave us anything for him.

The other big reason people trade these bottom of the roster parts around is because of injuries. So even though it doesn't necessarily make sense because of our strengths and weaknesses I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade a DL for a corner back. Our DL may not be very good, but we do have some guys that played in the league that are fighting for backup spots. We almost weren't able to field a team at CB. If this injuries continue we need bodies and there aren't as many out there as there were a couple of months ago and if they aren't in football shape they can't come in on Wednesday and play on a Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think football fans tend to over value talent in off season and training camp. My rant remains the vision of these coaches and the so called talent evaluators employed by the star. It's been a missing ingredient for team success. I remain optimistic....which happens this time of year.

Watched the browns last night and saw some really impressive play from their front 7. I think Dallas will bring in another teams cut talent for their 53. I'd look LINEBACKER myself.

Me? I think the dbackfield really needs to be almost night and day different and I think that is possible. I saw enough from Wilcox last year to say he will be a player now that he knows the defensive. MO, I'm expecting a huge turnaround. Carr needs to play with a huge chip on his shoulder and almost becomes the determining factor in my mind for the dbackfield play. BIG concern will be defensive holding. Scandrick and company will need to move their feet and keep their hands off the receiver working his pattern. THIS IS A CONCERN watching these corners play the last few seasons. Coaching would seem to be required. Moving your feet and opening up your hips should be pounded in the players heads every day.

Slap me but I think as we sit here today that this team will find a pretty good dline rotation. The first preseason game didn't dampen my optimism. Health will be needed but there seems to be some game among this group. IT's THE LINEBACKER PLAY that looks to be the true weak area. That's a real problem playing NFL defense. The Iowa rookie may have to learn and be thrown in the fire real fast. Hopefully this is where a waiver wire pick up or small trade comes into play and the player has a huge impact. I sure hope somebody steps up and these coaches need to be on their last staw with regards to Mr. Carter, that guy currently makes me sick. Nothing worse than a player with less than max effort. I'll remain optimistic the coaches can get something from this guy.

Pssst............now, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is football talk and it can be seen on these boards. ANYONE can disagree or ignore. It's all good!

I have said all offseason I think the DBs will be way better than last year even with no new names and I feel even stronger about that now. I think Carr more than anyone else needs to be used right. Let him be physical at the line and it plays to his strengths. Play him 10 yards off the line and his problems in space are highlighted. The guy just can't run across the field with receivers for a reason. I've never seen a good CB look so lost trying to chase down a crossing pattern. Mo IMO just needs health and I think he was finally proving that and then gets hurt AGAIN!! Scandrick's biggest problem to me is just locating the friggin ball. Guy is ALWAYS within a step of his man. His lack of height and ball awareness is his issue and he ain't getting taller. I think he is the one guy that played well last year and all he needs to do is keep it up. He seems to be totally focused on proving he isn't just an NFL player, but a very good one.

Safety is a little more tenuous. Church is fine if used correctly and that means up near the line as much as possible. But to do that we need to know the other guys can handle themselves or that we'll get a pass rush so they aren't on an Island for too long. Wilcox is the guy that we need to step up the most and so far it seems like he is. I don't think anyone doubts his skill set. He is the prototype for the new safeties. He can hit a ton and he is good when the ball is in the air. The reason I wanted a safety in the draft wasn't because I didn't think he could be a good player, it was because I didn't want to risk the season that he will be for sure after really only playing half a season. Plus, even if he turns into a stud if we drafted another safety early all 3 can battle for playing time and sitting Church down on 3rd downs would be fine with me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I skipped a lot of the posts in this thread for obvious reasons, but on the Weeden talk...He sure as heck will have SOME (not a ton of course) trade value if another team loses their backup. Makes nothing and has been a starter in this league. No one is going to want him to lead them to the playoffs of course, but I think he is a fine backup. My problem with signing him was that at the time we already had two older veterans and I didn't want him as a number 3 because I would have preferred a young guy to groom. The reason we aren't trading Weeden is because it would leave us with no backup QB. He may not be great, but he is miles ahead of the other two. So, no way we trade him, but I'm not sure my reasoning for not doing so is the same as everyone else's.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said all offseason I think the DBs will be way better than last year even with no new names and I feel even stronger about that now. I think Carr more than anyone else needs to be used right. Let him be physical at the line and it plays to his strengths. Play him 10 yards off the line and his problems in space are highlighted. The guy just can't run across the field with receivers for a reason. I've never seen a good CB look so lost trying to chase down a crossing pattern. Mo IMO just needs health and I think he was finally proving that and then gets hurt AGAIN!! Scandrick's biggest problem to me is just locating the friggin ball. Guy is ALWAYS within a step of his man. His lack of height and ball awareness is his issue and he ain't getting taller. I think he is the one guy that played well last year and all he needs to do is keep it up. He seems to be totally focused on proving he isn't just an NFL player, but a very good one.

Safety is a little more tenuous. Church is fine if used correctly and that means up near the line as much as possible. But to do that we need to know the other guys can handle themselves or that we'll get a pass rush so they aren't on an Island for too long. Wilcox is the guy that we need to step up the most and so far it seems like he is. I don't think anyone doubts his skill set. He is the prototype for the new safeties. He can hit a ton and he is good when the ball is in the air. The reason I wanted a safety in the draft wasn't because I didn't think he could be a good player, it was because I didn't want to risk the season that he will be for sure after really only playing half a season. Plus, even if he turns into a stud if we drafted another safety early all 3 can battle for playing time and sitting Church down on 3rd downs would be fine with me.

I hope your right about this, right now I don't share the same enthusiasm as you do regarding our db's. Right now we don't have much evidence that point's either way. I think Scandrick and Carr are both solid and on most teams can be a #2 or 3. Claiborne is the big question mark. I love this kid but he hasn't shown much, his growth has been incremental but because of injury his development seem to slip. We need him to become the stud I believe he can be, but that starts with him being able to be on the field. Unlike most here I really like Church at SS. He will never be a balk hawk against the pass but He at least has gotten better at being in the right spot to try and make or minimize any play on his side. Do you believe Dixon who's a natural SS can some how evolve in to a FS? Does he have the skill set to do this? I would love to see him and Church in the field together blowing guys up. It's a long shoot. Wilcox had better grow a lot this year.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that our db's aren't as bad as it appears...our front seven has given us very little help.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we pretty much agree about the dbacks. I think the biggest area of concern is not the backs, nor the linemen. I think it's the linebacker play.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your right about this, right now I don't share the same enthusiasm as you do regarding our db's. Right now we don't have much evidence that point's either way. I think Scandrick and Carr are both solid and on most teams can be a #2 or 3. Claiborne is the big question mark. I love this kid but he hasn't shown much, his growth has been incremental but because of injury his development seem to slip. We need him to become the stud I believe he can be, but that starts with him being able to be on the field. Unlike most here I really like Church at SS. He will never be a balk hawk against the pass but He at least has gotten better at being in the right spot to try and make or minimize any play on his side. Do you believe Dixon who's a natural SS can some how evolve in to a FS? Does he have the skill set to do this? I would love to see him and Church in the field together blowing guys up. It's a long shoot. Wilcox had better grow a lot this year.

Dixon evolve? Maybe. According to Kiffen he has plenty of range. As good as he looked the other night and I thought he looked awesome, I just wonder how many mistakes he actually made when the coaches looked at the tape. The problem is I think he is much like CHurch and WIlcox, more like CHurch. That's one reason I was pushing for HAmilton so much for Fs. I would love to see WIlcox move to Ss and have a good Fs. Hamilton nor SMith has shown much in Tc so far. BEfore the Church fans blast me, I never said I didn't like CHurch. JUst trying to improve

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon evolve? Maybe. According to Kiffen he has plenty of range. As good as he looked the other night and I thought he looked awesome, I just wonder how many mistakes he actually made when the coaches looked at the tape. The problem is I think he is much like CHurch and WIlcox, more like CHurch. That's one reason I was pushing for HAmilton so much for Fs. I would love to see WIlcox move to Ss and have a good Fs. Hamilton nor SMith has shown much in Tc so far. BEfore the Church fans blast me, I never said I didn't like CHurch. JUst trying to improve

I think Church is the best SS we have on the roster. Regarding Wilcox and Dixon I would much rather see Dixon get the second nod at SS over Wilcox.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I don't think Dixon is a FS

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we pretty much agree about the dbacks. I think the biggest area of concern is not the backs, nor the linemen. I think it's the linebacker play.

I love Holloman. I loved what I saw of him in the preseason and I loved what I saw of him the last two games of the year. Im perplexed why he hasn't won a starting job. If Carter can get his head out of his ass and learn the position and his responsibilities he could be good, if not he will kill us again. You just can't have a defender in the cover 2 allowing his man to run wide open across the filed 7 yards out. It makes it easy for the QB. I don't see anyway you lose a guy like Sean Lee and excel at LB. I think we can be average if these young guys all take a step forward and they are all very young other than Durant. if they can be average I'll take that, but I'm not yet sure that they can be.

I think the DL will play OK because we will be sending waves. If Melton does what he is supposed to and Crawford does what we hope we could be OK. Maybe Spencer or Lawrence provides a pass rush in the second half of the year. We NEED a pass rush. I hope we can find one.