• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need to try and find a DL deep trading partner in need of a WR.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I skipped a lot of the posts in this thread for obvious reasons, but on the Weeden talk...He sure as heck will have SOME (not a ton of course) trade value if another team loses their backup. Makes nothing and has been a starter in this league. No one is going to want him to lead them to the playoffs of course, but I think he is a fine backup. My problem with signing him was that at the time we already had two older veterans and I didn't want him as a number 3 because I would have preferred a young guy to groom. The reason we aren't trading Weeden is because it would leave us with no backup QB. He may not be great, but he is miles ahead of the other two. So, no way we trade him, but I'm not sure my reasoning for not doing so is the same as everyone else's.

Your reason us the same as the great majority on here. He more valuable to Dallas than what he could bring on a trade.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reason us the same as the great majority on here. He more valuable to Dallas than what he could bring on a trade.

I see him as a cheaper Orton. Experience to come in and play if needed, but not in any way our future at QB. Not someone I want starting for my team, but if Romo goes down for a game or two maybe we still have a chance to win some of those games.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't miss the point at all. The theory is fine, but i don't see it happening. No one is trading anything for our #7 thru #9 WRs. Not even their lower end DL. Every team in the league can come up with a position they are "deep at" and a position they aren't and yet none of them are trading, right? The fact is that at this point in time those WRs aren't better than anyone else's bottom of the roster WRs. We think they are and hope they are, but we really have no clue if they are or not. Plus, teams don't want to just trade around players they will likely cut any way.

The players that normally get traded for the reasons you suggested are veterans that teams have a track record on and know what they are trading for. Now if a guy has a few big preseason games then maybe this can change, but they have no more value right now than they did when everyone passed on them in the 7th round. You don't think we tried to trade LaDamian Washington before cutting him? He was supposedly one of the most sought after UFDAs, but no one gave us anything for him.

The other big reason people trade these bottom of the roster parts around is because of injuries. So even though it doesn't necessarily make sense because of our strengths and weaknesses I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade a DL for a corner back. Our DL may not be very good, but we do have some guys that played in the league that are fighting for backup spots. We almost weren't able to field a team at CB. If this injuries continue we need bodies and there aren't as many out there as there were a couple of months ago and if they aren't in football shape they can't come in on Wednesday and play on a Friday.

Truth is there's a couple of these trades every year. Most are not remembered because both players are borderline and are just traded to try to Improve the final spot in a particular position. My point is if we release 3 WR hoping to bring them back on the PS we most likely only do so with one maybe 2 if none are claimed at all. Same thing with a team prepared to release 3 DL or 3 LB. They won't bring all three back. I can understand holding off on this type of deal because you don't want to trade incase of injuries in front of the 3. I don't see how this cannot be an option going forward. I know in the last few years we didn't have this luxury at any position.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good gm is always trying to uprade so it is a possibity.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is there's a couple of these trades every year. Most are not remembered because both players are borderline and are just traded to try to Improve the final spot in a particular position. My point is if we release 3 WR hoping to bring them back on the PS we most likely only do so with one maybe 2 if none are claimed at all. Same thing with a team prepared to release 3 DL or 3 LB. They won't bring all three back. I can understand holding off on this type of deal because you don't want to trade incase of injuries in front of the 3. I don't see how this cannot be an option going forward. I know in the last few years we didn't have this luxury at any position.

I understand exactly what you are saying. Like I said, in theory I'm all for it. But UFDA about to be cut doesn't often bring anything back in return. We look at these WRs as commodities, but in reality they really aren't. We aren't going to trade one of the guys we are going to keep and the ones we don't want just aren't anything special. Even if we could convince a team to take one for a comparable DL prospect, that DL prospect isn't likely to make our team. We have a ton of bottom of the roster types at DL already, so it would just be trading a guy to put on the PS and we could do that already when his current team cuts him. My point on Washington was he was one of the most sought after UFDAs and he wasn't out of a job for 24 hours, yet still no one offered us anything of value for him. Heck, if we could swing trading a guy like Benford for a DE that makes the roster I'd be ecstatic...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand exactly what you are saying. Like I said, in theory I'm all for it. But UFDA about to be cut doesn't often bring anything back in return. We look at these WRs as commodities, but in reality they really aren't. We aren't going to trade one of the guys we are going to keep and the ones we don't want just aren't anything special. Even if we could convince a team to take one for a comparable DL prospect, that DL prospect isn't likely to make our team. We have a ton of bottom of the roster types at DL already, so it would just be trading a guy to put on the PS and we could do that already when his current team cuts him. My point on Washington was he was one of the most sought after UFDAs and he wasn't out of a job for 24 hours, yet still no one offered us anything of value for him. Heck, if we could swing trading a guy like Benford for a DE that makes the roster I'd be ecstatic...

I understand A UDFA won't bring much in a trade. I'm not saying we get a starter or even a very nice 2nd stringer. What I'm thinking is if one of our receivers looks better than another teams #5 and we think we can get a guy better than our 10th DL or 7th LB, why won't two teams pull that trade off. Yes we can simply wait for final cut downs but then we have to work around the waiver system. It's entirely possible no teams meet what I'm talking about. Maybe every team with excess DL or LB aren't looking for a WR. I haven't looked that close. Know Chicago just lost their #3 WR and I don't think their all that deep there but I don't think they have the players they plan on cutting will necessarily be sure to have a spot here either.

It was just a thought where two teams could be in a win situation. Who know when the 5 projected starters who sat our last game return it's possible we will not have as many concerns as I do now. Jarntt you know I am not a panic early person but what I saw Thursday was just ugly. LBS looked bad but my concern was how often the RB was at the LB position untouched by the line too damn often. The D looked lost half the night.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL let me break down your post here .. about what 5 in one ....
who thinks you are a total ass besides me ..... see i wont be a bitch and give names... if they choose to speek up .... thats on them
Ego large ... Hell yeah it is ... Just as Big as YOURS
Nope Fisher wasnt interviewed ... cause the Titians held him until Jerry promoted Garrett ( Which stemed from Jerry fucking the titians over a few years before )
The shit that takes you an hour to come up with .... I can answer off the top of my head

suck it up buttercup

I won't say anybody is an ass, but I'll just say yes, PDay can be rude sometimes but a lot of times it's deserved. Like people like bovey, frye, etc, completely deserved. PDay has even been rude to me in the past (when I was twistmoney and Earl Stevens on ESPN), and sometimes I did deserve it and sometimes I didn't deserve it but whatever. You've been rude to others as well and a lot of times it was deserved too, but Owens doesn't deserve the treatment you are giving him. He might not be as sharp as you or PDay when it comes to football discussions, but he's not completely clueless and he brings good convo to this board. He's not anywhere near a FRYE or logan so he doesn't deserve that type of treatment from you.

Of all the years I've seen PDay post, I've never seen him viciously go after a Cowboy fan that didn't deserve it like you have Owens. It's easy to see that RomotoOwens isn't making posts to rile up fans or troll. They are pretty genuine. Nothing FRYE-like. He didn't deserve a thread about him like you made to be constantly insulted about his IQ and him "running off posters" throughout the entire thread. That is something PDay has never done, period, no matter how much of an ass you think he is. It's no wonder Owens brought you up in this thread. I would have to if somebody went out of their way to make a thread and attack me like you did him. In many ways, that thread was worthy of being banned for a week or two and should be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say anybody is an ass, but I'll just say yes, PDay can be rude sometimes but a lot of times it's deserved. Like people like bovey, frye, etc, completely deserved. PDay has even been rude to me in the past (when I was twistmoney and Earl Stevens on ESPN), and sometimes I did deserve it and sometimes I didn't deserve it but whatever. You've been rude to others as well and a lot of times it was deserved too, but Owens doesn't deserve the treatment you are giving him. He might not be as sharp as you or PDay when it comes to football discussions, but he's not completely clueless and he brings good convo to this board. He's not anywhere near a FRYE or logan so he doesn't deserve that type of treatment from you.

Of all the years I've seen PDay post, I've never seen him viciously go after a Cowboy fan that didn't deserve it like you did Owens. It's easy to see that RomotoOwens isn't making posts to rile up fans or troll. They are pretty genuine. Nothing FRYE-like. He didn't deserve a thread about him like you made to be constantly insulted about his IQ and him "running off posters" throughout the entire thread. That is something PDay has never done, period, no matter how much of an ass you think he is. It's no wonder Owens brought you up in this thread. I would have to if somebody went out of their way to make a thread and attack me like you did him. In many ways, that thread was worthy of being banned for a week or two and should be deleted.
I believe he, along with others, attacked a couple of newbies without any remorse or consideration that he didn't know their posting style...and that goes both ways. IMO he is an arrogant ass-hole deluxe

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Earl.
Nice to know somebody see's the other side.

I still don't know of a kiss up. Just football opinion and sometimes they vary.

thanks again for speaking up.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he, along with others, attacked a couple of newbies without any remorse or consideration that he didn't know their posting style...and that goes both ways. IMO he is an arrogant ass-hole deluxe

that's three times you've addressed me and not once was it football related.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look below and you'll see a thread titled Romo by twist. I've never seen PDay do that to any Cowboy fan that didn't deserve it in all my years of seeing him post. And it's been a long time. At least seven years.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your talking about the thread when TxHeat came in with nothing more than snide troll remarks. Otis took it in the shorts from PDay when he pipped in defending txheat and decided to tuck tail and run after we didn't care how much he vowed for his buddy.

You guys from FN may think snide remarks are funny and OK, but we from the mouse had to deal with uncontrolled trolls for year's. We had to deal with them ourselves. Otis and TxHeat couldn't see how they were trolling. Simple thing would have been for heat to quit his snide remarks but he decided to return with more. PDay nor anyone else here ran Otis off. He ran on his own.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no big deal earl. It's just a forum. I have always said that I'm more of a fan of the COwboys than I am a student of X's and O's. I still feel I know the game though. Now baseball, I would love to match wits with LArussa. As far as IQ in general, the n5 guy and nets would probably give me a run for my money, other than that I think I'm in pretty good shape. I just like to talk COwboys.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way Earl, thanks for the kind words.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's three times you've addressed me and not once was it football related.
You are correct and I apologize. I was just trying to clear up something. Everyone has different perceptions of what is happening.

To football...I think that the Cowboys should not trade Weeden at all...Romo will not last the season, he has become too fragile. I was kind of hoping (hidden as it was) that they would be Manziel. At any rate they really need to start looking at the QBs coming out of college.

But you guys are correct in that they really need to bolster their D if they are going to go anywhere this season.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote the late Rodney King Can't we all Just get along (sniffle).

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote the late Rodney King Can't we all Just get along (sniffle).
But of course...but then fuck you. :pound:

I'm told that as a Newbie I have to make nice..but then you buttholes don't allow that...SMH

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But of course...but then fuck you. :pound:

I'm told that as a Newbie I have to make nice..but then you buttholes don't allow that...SMH

Did I miss something that led to that comment? Seems out of left field...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't miss the point at all. The theory is fine, but i don't see it happening. No one is trading anything for our #7 thru #9 WRs. Not even their lower end DL. Every team in the league can come up with a position they are "deep at" and a position they aren't and yet none of them are trading, right? The fact is that at this point in time those WRs aren't better than anyone else's bottom of the roster WRs. We think they are and hope they are, but we really have no clue if they are or not. Plus, teams don't want to just trade around players they will likely cut any way.

The players that normally get traded for the reasons you suggested are veterans that teams have a track record on and know what they are trading for. Now if a guy has a few big preseason games then maybe this can change, but they have no more value right now than they did when everyone passed on them in the 7th round. You don't think we tried to trade LaDamian Washington before cutting him? He was supposedly one of the most sought after UFDAs, but no one gave us anything for him.

The other big reason people trade these bottom of the roster parts around is because of injuries. So even though it doesn't necessarily make sense because of our strengths and weaknesses I wouldn't be shocked to see us trade a DL for a corner back. Our DL may not be very good, but we do have some guys that played in the league that are fighting for backup spots. We almost weren't able to field a team at CB. If this injuries continue we need bodies and there aren't as many out there as there were a couple of months ago and if they aren't in football shape they can't come in on Wednesday and play on a Friday.

Sometimes you get lucky...