• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Neb DT Transferring to OU

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...more bullshit yadda yadda yadda texico is teh bestest blah blah blah...
That can not be true Coach Stoops, Occupant says OU had a great rush defense last year.

Posting of factual information is wrong says the donghorn. Posting factual information indicating that Oklahoma had the TWENTYFIFTH ranked rushing defense last year means Occupant said they had a GREAT rush defense last year. How dare Occupant not subtract all of the yards lost from sacks/fumbles/referee misplacement of the ball/the sun was in our eyes. Does that tail rub your inner thighs raw?

Barring injuries, the DL might just be our strength.

My remark made about this years possibilities.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting of factual information is wrong says the donghorn. Posting factual information indicating that Oklahoma had the TWENTYFIFTH ranked rushing defense last year means Occupant said they had a GREAT rush defense last year. How dare Occupant not subtract all of the yards lost from sacks/fumbles/referee misplacement of the ball/the sun was in our eyes. Does that tail rub your inner thighs raw?

My remark made about this years possibilities.

Defense was bad. You now back peddling. I never said this years defense would not be good, I actually said it will be much improved vs the rush. That does not change the fact that last year the rush defense was bad..

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was bad. You now back peddling. I never said this years defense would not be good, I actually said it will be much improved vs the rush. That does not change the fact that last year the rush defense was bad..

No. He's not back pedaling at all. Take that straw man stuff somewhere else.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are more than welcome to post your opinion here.

Our defense was ranked 22nd in the nation and we defeated the defending National Champions in a BCS bowl game. We allowed a whole bunch of big plays, but still won the game.... a 2+ score dog won by 14. I could give a fuck if our rush defense was perceptibly the worst in the nation, we STILL accomplished more than texico did and the numbers don't lie no matter how you spin it.

Not bad for a team that lost a fluke game to their rival earlier in the season when they were finding their way. WAY FUCKING better than texico has fared since losing ol' Colt "I can't feel my competitiveness..err, ARM!" McCoy.

See you in October, Sir. Bring a towel.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are more than welcome to post your opinion here.

Our defense was ranked 22nd in the nation and we defeated the defending National Champions in a BCS bowl game. We allowed a whole bunch of big plays, but still won the game.... a 2+ score dog won by 14. I could give a fuck if our rush defense was perceptibly the worst in the nation, we STILL accomplished more than texico did and the numbers don't lie no matter how you spin it.

Not bad for a team that lost a fluke game to their rival earlier in the season when they were finding their way. WAY FUCKING better than texico has fared since losing ol' Colt "I can't feel my competitiveness..err, ARM!" McCoy.

See you in October, Sir. Bring a towel.

Texas was far from a fluke. Based on the stats. Just happened to catch OU after they lost their LB and Philips, who there was just noway to replace. Upperclass line vs a young and small front 7.

Ou was very lucky late last yr. 9 fumbles in their last 9 games and they recovered all 9, that is a 2 standard deviation event. Out-gained on a per play basis in their last 3 games. Bama had 7.9 per play vs 5.8 for OU. That is pretty amazing spread in a victory.

All that doesnt matter. OU should be much improved on defense with Philips and now some depth. THough the jury is out on Philips. Added 25 Lbs after back surgery, so we will need to see where he is on his return and how long it takes to regain his form. LB is a worry, just because it is thin. Some are calling for this to be the best defense since the NC team. Might be a stretch, but hard to see it not being improved. The only real question is who is the real Knight? If he is the guy vs Bama, than OU is a title contender. If he is the guy that played during the regular season, than its more like 8 to 15.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was far from a fluke. Based on the stats. Just happened to catch OU after they lost their LB and Philips, who there was just noway to replace. Upperclass line vs a young and small front 7.

Ou was very lucky late last yr. 9 fumbles in their last 9 games and they recovered all 9, that is a 2 standard deviation event. Out-gained on a per play basis in their last 3 games. Bama had 7.9 per play vs 5.8 for OU. That is pretty amazing spread in a victory.

All that doesnt matter. OU should be much improved on defense with Philips and now some depth. THough the jury is out on Philips. Added 25 Lbs after back surgery, so we will need to see where he is on his return and how long it takes to regain his form. LB is a worry, just because it is thin. Some are calling for this to be the best defense since the NC team. Might be a stretch, but hard to see it not being improved. The only real question is who is the real Knight? If he is the guy vs Bama, than OU is a title contender. If he is the guy that played during the regular season, than its more like 8 to 15.

Not too worried about knight. He just needed to mature and showed that progression in maturity starting with Iowa State and Kansas State. The only thing I'm worried about is will he be healthy?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some years when Texas was pre-season ranked in Top five or so, and all sane Texas fans knew they were way over-ranked. Just knew it.

How do the smart OU fans feel this year about your team? Do you feel they are over-ranked, or just where they should be?

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the homer glasses off, we're only as good as our last few games.

There was quite a bit of uncertainty throughout the season at the QB position. Bell laid eggs at the RRSO (4.2 QBR) and at Baylor (5.9 QBR). When Knight got the nod after the Baylor game and stayed healthy (until he got hurt right before halftime of Bedlam), we beat three opponents with increasing difficulty. Was that scheme and confidence? Who knows, but it happened.

Early in our losses the defense kept us close, but due to poor QB performance/scheme we couldn't put points on the board. I think Heupel has finally found out how to diffuse aggressive front 7's (misdirection).

Special teams finally weren't shameful.

If OU builds on the strides made at the end of last season they could very well end up in the playoff. We could easily end up with three losses as well if the offensive Jekyll/Hyde shows again.

Well, anything could happen and that's what I base my optimism on. We will have true TE's again giving Knight more options to throw at, as well as helping him scramble with more scrimmage blocking. The 3-4 is here to stay and I've heard they've made improvements.

Based on the last half of the 2013 season I'd say we're a solid 7 preseason, only losing to Baylor. Based on the whole 2013 season a 10.

So yeah...based on the failures of the past we're overrated.

But based on potential? I'd say we're right where we should be.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some years when Texas was pre-season ranked in Top five or so, and all sane Texas fans knew they were way over-ranked. Just knew it.

How do the smart OU fans feel this year about your team? Do you feel they are over-ranked, or just where they should be?

I think they are top 10.

Not sure about the top 5.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the homer glasses off, we're only as good as our last few games.

There was quite a bit of uncertainty throughout the season at the QB position. Bell laid eggs at the RRSO (4.2 QBR) and at Baylor (5.9 QBR). When Knight got the nod after the Baylor game and stayed healthy (until he got hurt right before halftime of Bedlam), we beat three opponents with increasing difficulty. Was that scheme and confidence? Who knows, but it happened.

Early in our losses the defense kept us close, but due to poor QB performance/scheme we couldn't put points on the board. I think Heupel has finally found out how to diffuse aggressive front 7's (misdirection).

Special teams finally weren't shameful.

If OU builds on the strides made at the end of last season they could very well end up in the playoff. We could easily end up with three losses as well if the offensive Jekyll/Hyde shows again.

Well, anything could happen and that's what I base my optimism on. We will have true TE's again giving Knight more options to throw at, as well as helping him scramble with more scrimmage blocking. The 3-4 is here to stay and I've heard they've made improvements.

Based on the last half of the 2013 season I'd say we're a solid 7 preseason, only losing to Baylor. Based on the whole 2013 season a 10.

So yeah...based on the failures of the past we're overrated.

But based on potential? I'd say we're right where we should be.

Throw a few to Belldozer in stride, he'd be tough to bring down. We haven't had a usable TE since Finley, and David Thomas right before him. Since then, total nothingness, a wasted position.

Think if OU can play like they did in the last few games last year, then agree probably where they should be.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw a few to Belldozer in stride, he'd be tough to bring down. We haven't had a usable TE since Finley, and David Thomas right before him. Since then, total nothingness, a wasted position.

Think if OU can play like they did in the last few games last year, then agree probably where they should be.

I would rank them #6 starting out this season and see if they can play their way into the playoff. It's going to take at least a 11-1 season to do that plus soundly beating the glamor opponents of Texas and Baylor. But OU's schedule isn't that tough so it's definitely possible. However, Trevor Knight has been a piece of crystal so far in his career: beautiful to look at sometimes but fragile as hell. And the Sooner D hasn't proven itself yet. I actually think next year is THE YEAR for OU when they should be unstoppable.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rank them #6 starting out this season and see if they can play their way into the playoff. It's going to take at least a 11-1 season to do that plus soundly beating the glamor opponents of Texas and Baylor. But OU's schedule isn't that tough so it's definitely possible. However, Trevor Knight has been a piece of crystal so far in his career: beautiful to look at sometimes but fragile as hell. And the Sooner D hasn't proven itself yet. I actually think next year is THE YEAR for OU when they should be unstoppable.

How's the OL next year? I believe OU is stacked there this year. I think OU is bad Knight and depth from meeting expectations. Starters are solid, but there are a few spots that can't afford injuries. Philips is the other key. Healthy he is the best NG in the Big 12. 3-4 really needs that anchor to succeed

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't had a usable TE since Finley, and David Thomas right before him. Since then, total nothingness, a wasted position.

I remember him. Real good TE.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the OL next year? I believe OU is stacked there this year. I think OU is bad Knight and depth from meeting expectations. Starters are solid, but there are a few spots that can't afford injuries. Philips is the other key. Healthy he is the best NG in the Big 12. 3-4 really needs that anchor to succeed

The OL will be fine. Everywhere you look there is talent. Some of it is outstanding talent. The problems are our returning running backs only have a few more carries than I do and our QB was a delicate flower when he had to take hard hits last season. And our defense is still not known for playing a complete game week in and week out. The D has a history of playing like Little Lord Fauntleroy some Saturdays which means the offense has to score 50 points just to stay in the game. Our depth at receiver is horrible. Getting DGB eligible after his transfer from Missouri would be huge, assuming he doesn't go Rocky on another girl. The biggest change I've seen since 2012 is the coaching staff. It has toughened up and started doing its (overpaid) jobs better. Josh Heupel called some games last year that left some wondering if he was suffering the initial signs of dementia but that got better and eventually ended up in a great game against Alabama. Stoops is feeling the pressure at OU from not winning a NC since 2000. 14 years is a long time at Oklahoma. Now Charlie Strong has started his revenge tour at Texas and the jury is still out on Stoops letting players with a checkered past play for OU. As long as Stoops isn't recruiting in front of the front gate at Sing Sing he'll be OK. It takes a few hard cases to make any team complete in today's college game.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL will be fine. Everywhere you look there is talent. Some of it is outstanding talent. The problems are our returning running backs only have a few more carries than I do and our QB was a delicate flower when he had to take hard hits last season. And our defense is still not known for playing a complete game week in and week out. The D has a history of playing like Little Lord Fauntleroy some Saturdays which means the offense has to score 50 points just to stay in the game. Our depth at receiver is horrible. Getting DGB eligible after his transfer from Missouri would be huge, assuming he doesn't go Rocky on another girl. The biggest change I've seen since 2012 is the coaching staff. It has toughened up and started doing its (overpaid) jobs better. Josh Heupel called some games last year that left some wondering if he was suffering the initial signs of dementia but that got better and eventually ended up in a great game against Alabama. Stoops is feeling the pressure at OU from not winning a NC since 2000. 14 years is a long time at Oklahoma. Now Charlie Strong has started his revenge tour at Texas and the jury is still out on Stoops letting players with a checkered past play for OU. As long as Stoops isn't recruiting in front of the front gate at Sing Sing he'll be OK. It takes a few hard cases to make any team complete in today's college game.

Heupel is interesting. I dont think I have seen a worse game plan than what he brought to the RRS. He follows that with on of the best game plans vs Bama. I have no idea what to make of him

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Codaxx:
Heupel's main weakness is he's not yet a consistently good second half coach. If the game plan is working in the first half he's good at tinkering with things to keep the momentum going. But if he's not seeing success in the first half he doesn't always have the knack for switching things up and making major adjustments to regain control of the game. Admittedly, that's easier said than done but great offensive coaches can do that. Witness: Mike Norvell (Arizona State), Scott Frost (Oregon), Cam Cameron (LSU), Tom Herman (Ohio State), Rhett Lashlee (Auburn), Chad Morris (Clemson), Philip Montgomery (Baylor) and yea believe it or not, Lane Kiffin who will make a hell of a difference at Alabama. In Heupel's defense he was trying to replace Landry Jones and the O needed to be completely changed to account for losing a 4 year starter. If Heupel has a healthy, confident Trevor Knight for the whole season he can do wonders this year.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seems like teams do need a couple of knuckleheads to round out the roster.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Codaxx:
Heupel's main weakness is he's not yet a consistently good second half coach. If the game plan is working in the first half he's good at tinkering with things to keep the momentum going. But if he's not seeing success in the first half he doesn't always have the knack for switching things up and making major adjustments to regain control of the game. Admittedly, that's easier said than done but great offensive coaches can do that. Witness: Mike Norvell (Arizona State), Scott Frost (Oregon), Cam Cameron (LSU), Tom Herman (Ohio State), Rhett Lashlee (Auburn), Chad Morris (Clemson), Philip Montgomery (Baylor) and yea believe it or not, Lane Kiffin who will make a hell of a difference at Alabama. In Heupel's defense he was trying to replace Landry Jones and the O needed to be completely changed to account for losing a 4 year starter. If Heupel has a healthy, confident Trevor Knight for the whole season he can do wonders this year.

I thought his Texas game plan was amazingly bad. You saw BYU run for 500+ on the zone read and OU decides not to run it.

On this list I like Norvell, Chad Morris, and Cameron. I would have reservations on Frost, Herman, Lashlee, and Montgomery. All of them are either in a defined system or working under a HC heavily involved in the offense.