• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA to allow players to profit on their likeness, no later than 2021

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay for performance will not be allowed, but I bet the 3rd string QB won't get much in the way of endorsements.
Now that I agree with and I think we will see a pretty big drop off from starter to backup once this starts. This will help make things more competitive.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 03 season had LSU beat Oklahoma ... No PAC school was involved, let alone USC as you claimed. USC played in the 04 season and killed Oklahoma(vacated) and lost the next year to Texas, yet you claim USC was crowned by the NCAA as champions. These were the only two appearances in the BCS by USC so you are off a year AND claim the BCSCG loser was crowned champions by the NCAA.
Let me help you.

Dude, I’m pretty sure it was the AP poll that crowned usc #1 for the 03 season.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw out the rules that players can only play 4 years in college so people that don't make it in the bigs can come back college to earn a living.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many schools does Nike have agreements with? would this really serve Nike's overall interests to do that?

You ask a very interesting question. I do get your point. That risk you take pissing off other programs to stack YOUR team isn’t worth it. That’d get interesting. Under Armor could be in the same situation with Maryland.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and start a 20 team national championship tournament in football while their at it. Have football seasons like the NBA that go 7-8 months of the year - these guys can handle it if they are professionals.
:thumb:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the IRS have to do with this? I will help, nothing.

You are missing the point, it wont be cheating. No hiding, no bag man none of that.

Its called there will be a money trail with it being a federal crime if you misrepresent where and who and how. People have to declare money received and paid. It is cheating if a certain type of payment is not allowed. You think there will be no rules at all? You think with this law it's ok for a booster to hand a recruiting class checks for 5k -10k 20k- 50k 100k? Schools will still have to monitor and so will the NCAA. This law is for players to cash in on their name and likeness . No body knows who your incoming Rt Guard is so if he has a 20K check from BObs auto shop it's obviously going to put up a red flag. Just like pros have cap systems there will be something in place where an unusual payment will get flagged.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the earliest EA NCAA Football comes back? That's the real question.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but some liberal jab, Cali sucks, and something about the end of the Pac n shit.

Right @AlaskaGuy ? :noidea:

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting this idea that this will just make the playing field uneven for the smaller/less name schools. Have you see the current landscape of college football?

Pollsters are biased enough towards big names (" ranked them because it's Nebraska," for instance) and those same schools probably will end up with more leeway to make the playoff. Do we honestly think a 1-loss Baylor would get the same shot as a 1-loss Oklahoma. And that doesn't even get into how G5 schools basically have zero shot at a title.

This doesn't exactly kill the golden goose of parity

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, me.
Man I just booted up a dynasty with North Dakota State and made every player a 40 overall (lowest possible). Been trying to find ways to challenge myself, only thing left is to get a new game!

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting this idea that this will just make the playing field uneven for the smaller/less name schools. Have you see the current landscape of college football?

Pollsters are biased enough towards big names (" ranked them because it's Nebraska," for instance) and those same schools probably will end up with more leeway to make the playoff. Do we honestly think a 1-loss Baylor would get the same shot as a 1-loss Oklahoma. And that doesn't even get into how G5 schools basically have zero shot at a title.

This doesn't exactly kill the golden goose of parity
I think if anything paying players with a cap on how much allows them to truly go where they want.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I just booted up a dynasty with North Dakota State and made every player a 40 overall (lowest possible). Been trying to find ways to challenge myself, only thing left is to get a new game!
Although I don't have NDSU in my game, nor any created teams, I start dynasties almost weekly trying to challenge myself. I will go in and edit rosters and lower my players skill sets down to 60's overall. Especially my OLineman to try and make the run game more challenging.

The problem is, even though I try to make it more challenging, I find myself winning and being in the conference championship/national title picture regardless of what BCS team I am at.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I don't have NDSU in my game, nor any created teams, I start dynasties almost weekly trying to challenge myself. I will go in and edit rosters and lower my players skill sets down to 60's overall. Especially my OLineman to try and make the run game more challenging.

The problem is, even though I try to make it more challenging, I find myself winning and being in the conference championship/national title picture regardless of what BCS team I am at.
Yea, that’s why I took it all the way down to 40. And I wasn’t allowed to make any player over 50 rating in a category that mattered to that position except for speed which was capped at 70 for skill players. I only won 1 game, but I got the # 20 recruiting class so now I can win games.