• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA to allow players to profit on their likeness, no later than 2021

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing your school didn't make millions from people watching you do your work.
This isn't the schools paying . What part of that you don't you get. And yes you have to claim it. You hide money it's a federal offense. It's about allowing players to market themselves. It doesn't mean they can accept large sums of cash from an alum. You don't think there still wont be rules against that?

My school also didn’t give me a free ride. I understand it’s not the schools paying. Where did you get any hint I didn’t? Plenty of shady shit happens and will continue to happen. People that have done this aren’t going to start claiming it. You have to use common sense here and see it’ll be a free for all recruiting wise. Everything won’t be going through the athletic department because the SCHOOL ISNT PAYING THEM.

An no I don’t think there will be rules to that. This law is claiming kids can get their market worth. Suddenly they are capping their market worth makes zero sense and lends no credibility to the law. An that’s exactly what this law allows, alums to give large sums of cash to the athlete to sign his name or market their business.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95% of the players will be happy with the scholarship. But there are a few who are talented enough and marketable enough to make more money. This lets them.

Again, I’m for letting them get something. A free for all will result in a ton more shady shit, instability in the lockeroom and will be over@ll bad for college football.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I’m for letting them get something. A free for all will result in a ton more shady shit, instability in the lockeroom and will be over@ll bad for college football.

Again, there will have to be rules and like now if you cheat you get kicked out of college. We both agree shady people will always be there but at least now some people can help themselves and their families without having to either leave early or go the shady route.
If it were up to me I would say all the rules about getting money would stay in place except for the truly stupid ones where a coach can't give you a ride to the airport or the school paid for your room on a layover because you were going to see a sick relative. But all the booster rules still apply and if you get caught you get booted like before and the school gets in appropriate trouble. But what I would create is a system where if a player feels he can monetize his likeness and profit from his popularity he would have to hire an agent and a recognized and certified talent agency that will handle who hires him and has up to date accounting of his money. All jobs or transactions have to go through this company. No Billy Bob used car lot guy checks. This has to be legit work for legit pay. I would also set up a yearly limit that can be paid to the player (like 15k or 20k) and anything above that limit has to be set aside to be paid till that player graduates or leaves school. I think something like this allows some to make money but stops all the wild west stuff people are worried about.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did an NCAA Football with Western Michigan as my team. Tried to get them to a BCS Bowl.

Did 11 seasons.

Only had one undefeated season. Never did get a BCS Bowl.
Did you win a Bowl Game?

Cuz that's the stuff of legend.

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you win a Bowl Game?

Cuz that's the stuff of legend.

I won a couple of minor bowls and got wins over Purdue and Tulsa and Tulane.

My worst Bowl though I got paired against Tennessee.

Crazy to think that a dozen years ago, Tennessee was a video game powerhouse.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won a couple of minor bowls and got wins over Purdue and Tulsa and Tulane.

My worst Bowl though I got paired against Tennessee.

Crazy to think that a dozen years ago, Tennessee was a video game powerhouse.
You accomplished something we've never done in program history.

Win a damn Bowl game. Lol