• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh

The vaccine was helpful in preventing transmission of the early variants. By the time Delta hit it became much less helpful. With omnicron it is useless.

I do agree many many parties have done a poor job acknowledging this.
I don’t like that his is being debated here and have pretty much stayed out of it, but when I see something stupid I’m going to say something. What omnicron has done is reduce the vaccine effective rate down to about normal flu vaccine rates. So we are talking in the neighborhood of 40 percent instead of 90 percent. But, it is still pretty much 100 percent effective in preventing severe illness. I would hardly call that useless.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't care less about his vaccination status or his views on it...I pulled for the Packers because I'm a Seahawks fan...so fuck the 49ers.

And this weekend...fuck the 49ers and the Rams...I hope a giant sinkhole opens up under the field and they all fall in.

How the hell did you become a Hawks fan anyway?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it's really no business of anyone's whether AR got vaccinated. Again, you can catch the virus or spread it whether you're vaxxed or not, for one.
It's his employer's business, since his availability affects their success.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It's been said since the beginning to mask up and be at least 6 feet apart. That's why the NFL and the players union saying he put those reporters at risk doesn't make sense. The reporters were all more than 6 feet away and were masked...so he was no risk to them.

Based on that, the only one at risk would have been Rogers himself since he was the only one not masked and even then, he was likely still safe because of the distance.

Likely but not a 100% guarantee. It's called being cautious. Things are a little different now than the start of season. Many more players and people in general vaxxed so the risk of things are lower.

And let's not take this in a different direction and start talking about the current infection rate due to omicron. Things were going in a better direction nationally before this variant got here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did you become a Hawks fan anyway?

I was a diehard Rams fan growing up, but the Seahawks were my 2nd favorite team because I really liked Zorn and Largent. Chuck Knox also coached them for awhile and he was my favorite Rams coach.

The way the snake eating bitch that owned them went about moving them to St. Louis really left a bad taste in my mouth. So it was pretty easy to move on.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like that his is being debated here and have pretty much stayed out of it, but when I see something stupid I’m going to say something. What omnicron has done is reduce the vaccine effective rate down to about normal flu vaccine rates. So we are talking in the neighborhood of 40 percent instead of 90 percent. But, it is still pretty much 100 percent effective in preventing severe illness. I would hardly call that useless.

Useless in terms of preventing transmission. Which is what was being debated.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely but not a 100% guarantee. It's called being cautious. Things are a little different now than the start of season. Many more players and people in general vaxxed so the risk of things are lower.

And let's not take this in a different direction and start talking about the current infection rate due to omicron. Things were going in a better direction nationally before this variant got here.

It has always been 6 feet apart and masked. As far as that goes, there was no difference. Yes, things have changed some, but that still doesn't make what the NFL and NFLPA said make any sense. I understand being cautious, but there was really no logical reason for it other than to quiet the people who were questioning if they should have a season or not.

The thing is, this is a virus...it was never going to be cured and it was always going to mutate into less virulent strains. It's what viruses do. Viruses, for lack of a better word, are logical. Killing the host that is keeping them alive is not logical. It's why the flu doesn't kill anywhere near as many people these days as it used to.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still far from useless even In terms of transmission

There are multiple studies that disagree. There are countries with 85 and 90 percent vax rates with full blown covid blowouts. If it were near as effective as the vaccines were against the first few strains the results would indicate that.

I'm 100 percent on board for the covid vaccine (first 2 shots) in terms of preventing serious illness.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are multiple studies that disagree. There are countries with 85 and 90 percent vax rates with full blown covid blowouts. If it were near as effective as the vaccines were against the first few strains the results would indicate that.

I'm 100 percent on board for the covid vaccine (first 2 shots) in terms of preventing serious illness.
I never said it was as effective as the original strains, but it still has an efficiency rate against transmission, just not as high as it was.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to get some actual work done today and Cool Hand Luke just came on...gonna be difficult.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still find it a little funny that when Tom Brady did this to the Chiefs changing the overtime rules weren't discussed nearly as much. They tried fixing them back then, but it was voted down. One of the organizations that turned it down was the very organization you guys think shoulda got another shot, the Bills...

Ah well...
Huh? Kind of was because of that game they made the switches.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a solid coach and they should still be fine. Got a damn good defense and running back. They usually find creative ways to deal with their cap situation.

It is a good job
That much over the cap and potentially no QB? Because it's 1 of 32 it's a good job....but not for someone who has options I don't think.