• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So, it's not your opinion that he put others at risk...but you're going to side with the league and the union...even though you don't share their opinion?

Interesting.

It's funny you don't understand what I said. Trying to twist things around. When I said that wasn't my opinion I was talking about the league and the union. They said that. But yes I do agree with them. Did you really need an explanation?

Very interesting.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with wearing masks on the field, you know that. Where did you come up with that stupid nonsense? Pretty sure it has something to do with being unvaxxed and holding press conferences indoors. He broke the protocols that were put in place by the league & union.

But tell me again that mentioning something the league itself said is "absolute shit". No wonder you said the vaccine was the reason that soccer player collapsed on the field, even though he wasn't vaxxed.

And defending Rogan's virus misinformation. Nothing else needs to be said.
It's astounding at how you don't see the correlation. The NFLPA put in protocols that require players whom aren't vaccinated to wear masks around the facilities and go through a slew of other measures to keep other players and coaching staff safe. During the game, you don't see NFL players wearing masks on the sidelines, and especially in the game. Being indoors, again, you can spread Covid whether you're vaxxed or not. You can get all pissy if you want, but AR saw logic that just didn't make sense.

And again, where's Rogan's virus misinformation coming from? He's mentioned that he's talked to experts in the field that have even come onto his podcast. These aren't his opinions, they're others that he's getting data from.

I wasn't aware that I was supposed to share the same exact opinions as you.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny you don't understand what I said. Trying to twist things around. When I said that wasn't my opinion I was talking about the league and the union. They said that. But yes I do agree with them. Did you really need an explanation?

Very interesting.
So if it's merely their opinion, why do you care so much? If their opinion (NFL and NFLPA is wrong), which data would show they are, who cares?

Why should AR put himself at risk for taking a vaccine that he doesn't really need?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god we have a Covid discussion on the NBA board. What a breath of fresh air! It’s such a big deal and it’s hardly gotten any discussion over the last 2 years. I like seeking opinions from Joe Public to help me make all of medical decisions. Thanks everybody! You’ve really forced me to look inward and to change my mind over and over again with each compelling case that’s laid out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very interesting.

You literally said that's not your opinion, but that you side with them. So you are siding with them on an opinion that you just said you don't hold.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it's merely their opinion, why do you care so much? If their opinion (NFL and NFLPA is wrong), which data would show they are, who cares?

Why should AR put himself at risk for taking a vaccine that he doesn't really need?

I really don't care all that much. Just having a conversation. We won't agree on this. Just like we didn't agree on that soccer player. So is there really any reason to continue this? We have different viewpoints. And nothing said will change things.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care all that much. Just having a conversation. We won't agree on this. Just like we didn't agree on that soccer player. So is there really any reason to continue this? We have different viewpoints. And nothing said will change things.
I respect that, I think we can move on from the topic.

Next topic: Heatles wasn't aware that MLB was even in a lockout. How baseball has gone downhill in popularity.

Edit: Until 5 minutes ago.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You literally said that's not your opinion, but that you side with them. So you are siding with them on an opinion that you just said you don't hold.

You completely misunderstood what I said. And when I explained it to you seems like you won't accept it. Yes I agreed with something they said. So what they said wasn't my opinion was it? It wasn't my opinion in the first place. How many explanations do you need?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect that, I think we can move on from the topic.

Next topic: Heatles wasn't aware that MLB was even in a lockout. How baseball has gone downhill in popularity.

Edit: Until 5 minutes ago.

I'm still disappointed with the Cleveland baseball team's new name. Name them that, won't even say it I dislike it so much. Should have went with Spiders, first pro team in Cleveland a long time ago.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still disappointed with the Cleveland baseball team's new name. Name them that, won't even say it I dislike it so much. Should have went with Spiders, first pro team in Cleveland a long time ago.
Yeah, Guardians just doesn't resonate the way Indians did. But, we're in a new era.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You completely misunderstood what I said. And when I explained it to you seems like you won't accept it. Yes I agreed with something they said. So what they said wasn't my opinion was it? It wasn't my opinion in the first place. How many explanations do you need?

So you agree with the NBA and players union opinions that he put those reporters at risk, even though every shred of "science" that you have spewed says otherwise?

Seriously?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Guardians just doesn't resonate the way Indians did. But, we're in a new era.

Each time I hear that damn name now I think of this company.

51r6fOWq12L._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255.png

Just not a good baseball name. Hopefully that dumbass Dolan sells the team soon and then next owner changes the name.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spiders would have been a great name, even without the history of the first pro team in Cleveland having had that name. Far better than Guardians.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree with the NBA and players union opinions that he put those reporters at risk, even though every shred of "science" that you have spewed says otherwise?

Seriously?

But wasn't the science saying something else back in August when the season started?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiders would have been a great name, even without the history of the first pro team in Cleveland having had that name. Far better than Guardians.
Zero reason to change from the Indians, it’s not any different than the Braves.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wasn't the science saying something else back in August when the season started?

No. It's been said since the beginning to mask up and be at least 6 feet apart. That's why the NFL and the players union saying he put those reporters at risk doesn't make sense. The reporters were all more than 6 feet away and were masked...so he was no risk to them.

Based on that, the only one at risk would have been Rogers himself since he was the only one not masked and even then, he was likely still safe because of the distance.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It's been said since the beginning to mask up and be at least 6 feet apart. That's why the NFL and the players union saying he put those reporters at risk doesn't make sense. The reporters were all more than 6 feet away and were masked...so he was no risk to them.

Based on that, the only one at risk would have been Rogers himself since he was the only one not masked and even then, he was likely still safe because of the distance.

Eh

The vaccine was helpful in preventing transmission of the early variants. By the time Delta hit it became much less helpful. With omnicron it is useless.

I do agree many many parties have done a poor job acknowledging this.