• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy trails, Mr Payton.

You turned around a bad franchise and led them to a ring.

True, but then jumped ship when things looked bleak after years of kicking the salary cap issues forward. Unless the Saints are going to promote from within, this leaves them behind in pursuit of the available candidates with a very toxic situation to take over due to those cap issues and QB questions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 100% in agreement on this. DC needs an enema.

It's the right that have fought the process since the beginning. Only one side needs the enema, that blockage has been preventing progress since McConnell became minority leader (well, at least since Obama took office).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but then jumped ship when things looked bleak after years of kicking the salary cap issues forward. Unless the Saints are going to promote from within, this leaves them behind in pursuit of the available candidates with a very toxic situation to take over due to those cap issues and QB questions.
There's really no "toxic" situation here though. The Saints are likely going to be in a full-rebuild. I'd described the Cowboys as toxic as some coaches may not view Dak as the QB that could get them over the hump, plus the Jerry Jones factor. The Saints are likely starting anew and the new coach *may* get some leniency when taking on the job.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s wrong that Ortiz got in just because he is known as a nice guy.

The idea that the HOF doesn't include the all-time hits leader, all-time HR leader, or the guys that "saved baseball" with their HR chase is ludicrous. If you want to put asterisks on their plaques fine, but Bonds/McGwire/Sosa/Clemens/Rose all deserve to be in. Schilling is being held out just because of his mouth, which is even sillier.

A complete degenerate like Ty Cobb is in the hall. Drawing the line elsewhere is stupid.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that the HOF doesn't include the all-time hits leader, all-time HR leader, or the guys that "saved baseball" with their HR chase is ludicrous. If you want to put asterisks on their plaques fine, but Bonds/McGwire/Sosa/Clemens/Rose all deserve to be in. Schilling is being held out just because of his mouth, which is even sillier.

A complete degenerate like Ty Cobb is in the hall. Drawing the line elsewhere is stupid.
The media in all aspects has gone down hill generation-by-generation. Back in Ty Cobb's day, the media was as unbiased and professional as could be.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really no "toxic" situation here though. The Saints are likely going to be in a full-rebuild. I'd described the Cowboys as toxic as some coaches may not view Dak as the QB that could get them over the hump, plus the Jerry Jones factor. The Saints are likely starting anew and the new coach *may* get some leniency when taking on the job.

By toxic I meant that it is a terrible situation for a new coach to step into. The expectations will be unreasonable given the cap situation, lack of a viable QB, etc. Payton got a pass because he brought a Super Bowl and extended success to the franchise at a stressful time for the region (whether or not that was more Brees or Payton is a Belichick/Brady question ultimately), but any new coach will live in that shadow and be subject to unreasonable expectations IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump's statement is whole another level of wrong, as is his tendency.

lol

Not really.

Wrong is wrong and Biden made his statement after everyone already knew the virus wasn't going anywhere and that the vaccines didn't work as advertised.

At least when Trump made his statement, no one knew what the hell was going on with it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the right that have fought the process since the beginning. Only one side needs the enema, that blockage has been preventing progress since McConnell became minority leader (well, at least since Obama took office).

^^^This, boys and girls, is exactly why everything is so divided and many, many people don't trust what they are being told.^^^

Both sides fucked this up about as bad as it could be fucked up...but some folks are still looking to place blame.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media in all aspects has gone down hill generation-by-generation. Back in Ty Cobb's day, the media was as unbiased and professional as could be.

Not so sure about that, since much of Cobb's negative legacy is said to be "enhanced storytelling" if not straight up fiction. Who knows the actual truth? Libel is a much bigger legal threat these days, but it's countered by the purse-clutching Karens of the modern world (of both genders of course).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This, boys and girls, is exactly why everything is so divided and many, many people don't trust what they are being told.^^^

Both sides fucked this up about as bad as it could be fucked up...but some folks are still looking to place blame.

Only one side votes to block any and all legislation as a rule if started by the other side. Right and left are both viable, but the politicians turning it into sports have ruined the process.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Not really.

Wrong is wrong and Biden made his statement after everyone already knew the virus wasn't going anywhere and that the vaccines didn't work as advertised.

At least when Trump made his statement, no one knew what the hell was going on with it.

Here in NY, where it first hit hardest, it was already well known that it wasn't something that was going to easily blow over. Again, erring on the side of safety is the better choice.

Regardless, enough political talk here. I'm dropping out of thus convo, lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By toxic I meant that it is a terrible situation for a new coach to step into. The expectations will be unreasonable given the cap situation, lack of a viable QB, etc. Payton got a pass because he brought a Super Bowl and extended success to the franchise at a stressful time for the region (whether or not that was more Brees or Payton is a Belichick/Brady question ultimately), but any new coach will live in that shadow and be subject to unreasonable expectations IMO.
Oh, that's fair. I think we're just arguing semantics around the term "toxic". But yeah, agreed 100%, the Saints situation is not exactly going to taking over for a struggling franchise. They're looking full-blown rebuild right in the face.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one side votes to block any and all legislation as a rule if started by the other side. Right and left are both viable, but the politicians turning it into sports have ruined the process.

Only one side has tried to take a fascist approach and force mandates on people and it wasn't the right.

And let's not pretend that the left didn't do the exact same thing to Trump. Hell, early on,. when he tried to restrict travel from China because we knew that was where it came from...he was called a racist for it.

Like I said, folks like you are why the country is so divided.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in NY, where it first hit hardest, it was already well known that it wasn't something that was going to easily blow over. Again, erring on the side of safety is the better choice.

Regardless, enough political talk here. I'm dropping out of thus convo, lol.
And that's fine, I think most of us were early on being cautious. I was doing the whole wiping everything down, wearing mask, all of that good shit.

But data has changed and painted a more accurate picture over time. Masks (unless you're using an N95 mask), don't really prevent spread or infection.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one side has tried to take a fascist approach and force mandates on people and it wasn't the right.

And let's not pretend that the left didn't do the exact same thing to Trump. Hell, early on,. when he tried to restrict travel from China because we knew that was where it came from...he was called a racist for it.

Like I said, folks like you are why the country is so divided.
We all knew why people were criticizing Trump for that move - ammo for re-election. These same people are trying to say they care about your health.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, because putting all of those Covid patients in nursing homes resulting in thousands of deaths was definitely the safe choice.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's fine, I think most of us were early on being cautious. I was doing the whole wiping everything down, wearing mask, all of that good shit.

I wore the mask, distanced and washed my hands more...that was about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew why people were criticizing Trump for that move - ammo for re-election. These same people are trying to say they care about your health.

Yep, and for those that are looking to lay blame somewhere...Schumer calling Trump a racist for restricting travel from China, may be ground zero for when it became political.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wore the mask, distanced and washed my hands more...that was about it.
Dude, I was talking with a work colleague of mine who moved from Arizona to Washington, and the stark contrast in approaches across each state is definitely interesting.

Being down in Florida, most people really couldn't give a shit about Covid anymore. I've worn a mask twice in the last year, I've been sick for maybe a day. And I live down in a heavy vacation area where we get people from all over.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I was talking with a work colleague of mine who moved from Arizona to Washington, and the stark contrast in approaches across each state is definitely interesting.

Being down in Florida, most people really couldn't give a shit about Covid anymore. I've worn a mask twice in the last year, I've been sick for maybe a day. And I live down in a heavy vacation area where we get people from all over.

Definitely interesting. Funny thing is that, with as much criticism as Florida took for how they were handling it...they may end up being the state that handled it the best.