• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the HOF has been bogus for years so it really isn't a surprise for me, they obviously have an agenda. I mean there were players that were elected as 1st ballot guys that no business
I saw Clemens respond as it seems to be an annual thing for him that he's used to. Very telling that he knew a decade ago he was never getting in and moved on; he handled it as mature as most people would. He was a bonafide HOF pitcher and should've been in the minute he was eligible. But most people with a respected opinion views him (and Bonds) as HOF'ers....so I guess that's what really counts with those guys.

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one to bash David Ortiz, but he had a positive steroid test back in the day and made it to the hall. With Bonds, it's just speculative given how much he blew up physically once he went to SF.

But Bonds is the best player I've ever seen in baseball. Steroids can only take you so far. Bonds was a pure talent and then some.

Clemens and Bonds not being in the hall soils it for the rest that are sitting in there right now.
It’s not speculation he admitted it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the HOF has been bogus for years so it really isn't a surprise for me, they obviously have an agenda. I mean there were players that were elected as 1st ballot guys that no business

Yeah, even if you remove the steroid guys, the writers have been pretty bad. They hold grudges and won't vote for a guy because he was standoffish with the media or were assholes in general. Heck, there are writers that will never vote for a guy on his first ballot because they just don't believe anyone should get in on the first ballot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I think he embellished on the pro athletes numbers. I think it would've been in his best interest to deliver his point across in an accurate manner to simply bring up some athletes having to suddenly retire from heart issues post-vaccine and(1) videos of soccer players simply dropping on the field(1) (not necessarily death); (2)but there's not enough data to support his hypothesis right now.(2)

1-You are truly brainwashed. And yes there is enough data to support that Eriksen didn't collapse on the field because of the vaccines.

2- Pay attention to the the article I mentioned that clearly states he wasn't vaccinated when he collapsed.

As far as "simply dropping on the field", if you're talking about Christian Eriksen he wasn't vaccinated when that happened to him. Here's an article from usatoday- Fact check: Christian Eriksen didn't receive covid-19 vaccine before collapsing (6/20/21)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-You are truly brainwashed. And yes there is enough data to support that Eriksen didn't collapse on the field because of the vaccines.

2- Pay attention to the the article I mentioned that clearly states he wasn't vaccinated when he collapsed.
Am I brainwashed? Is there not one person that has died from the vaccine? Is that what you're telling me? There are wide inconsistencies in the way data is being presented

I'm just paying attention to the consistencies around the people that are heavily promoting vaccines, while in the background, seeing alternative treatment options being eliminated or vilified. That alone gives me caution.

And again, if you want to take the vaccine, go do you. But you're quick to shutdown someone that has a completely different opinion on the matter than yourself.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not speculation he admitted it
Wasn't aware of that, as I'll stand corrected on the matter.

The difference between Ortiz and Bonds at this point is one's favorable in the media (Ortiz), the other isn't (Bonds).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I brainwashed? Is there not one person that has died from the vaccine? Is that what you're telling me? There are wide inconsistencies in the way data is being presented

I'm just paying attention to the consistencies around the people that are heavily promoting vaccines, while in the background, seeing alternative treatment options being eliminated or vilified. That alone gives me caution.

And again, if you want to take the vaccine, go do you. But you're quick to shutdown someone that has a completely different opinion on the matter than yourself.
tens of thousands have died from the vaccine.

Not only that but the reporting system for adverse side effects seriously under reports negative incidents.

I am vaccinated but I also just dont stick my head in the sand. By no means is it zero risk getting the vaccine.

i got it to prevent serious illness- but I can see why some people would think its bullshit when it A. doesnt stop teh spread of disease, and B. doesnt stop you from getting the disease, and C. wears off over time.

As far as vaccines go its really shitty.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never once have I said nobody has died after getting the vaccine. Very odd thing for you to ask. But you said that soccer player collapsed on the field because of the vaccine. That's incorrect.

The funny thing is you can't, won't or refuse to admit you were wrong in saying that. The proof's right here. You think that player collapsed because of the vaccine. And that kinda incorrect thinking makes you brainwashed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only that but the reporting system for adverse side effects seriously under reports negative incidents.

I am vaccinated but I also just dont stick my head in the sand. By no means is it zero risk getting the vaccine.

i got it to prevent serious illness- but I can see why some people would think its bullshit when it A. doesnt stop teh spread of disease, and B. doesnt stop you from getting the disease, and C. wears off over time.

Imo, now that they are talking about annual or even every 6 months of "boosters", this is becoming very much like the flu shots some folks get every year, where basically they pick the one for the strain of flu they that they think it will be and hope they're right.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit AR 12's throwing himself a pity party.

Aaron Rodgers says fans tuned in to the Packers-49ers game to root against him because he's not vaccinated

:laugh3:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still find it a little funny that when Tom Brady did this to the Chiefs changing the overtime rules weren't discussed nearly as much. They tried fixing them back then, but it was voted down. One of the organizations that turned it down was the very organization you guys think shoulda got another shot, the Bills...

Ah well...

As the wins for the coinflip winner mount (especially in the playoffs, I think the only coinflip winner to lose was the Saints vs the Rams in that pass interference controversy game), the complaints will only get louder.

Take away sudden death, just play 5 minute OT periods until someone wins. The playoffs can have different rules than the regular season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I walk around without a mask, I'm assuming you're fine with it. I've only worn a mask twice in the last year - once for an Uber, another while I was in the doctor's office (not Covid related).

And look at the long term effects, especially for children while they're bodies are still developing and what restricted airflow looks like, long term.

That's not what I said whatsoever. It is a minor inconvenience to wear a mask in public. Even if the only effect is to make people feel safer around you, it's not too much to ask.

Restricted airflow? It's not a bag over the head, it's a piece of thin, air permeable fabric.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a Phil Jackson “retirement” in my opinion. He comes out of retirement to coach another NFL team next year. My call is when McCarthy fails again, Payton will be the next head coach of the Cowboys.

Taking that job while Jerry is still the owner is foolhardy. Too much interference from the owner. There are better jobs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have and will continue to do so.

Are you going to also mention spreading lies on the other side of the aisle?

The difference is the other side of the aisle is erring on the side of safety.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you, this is pretty accurate and aligns with my thinking. I'm glad you're able to view things from other's perspective. That seems to be a rare thing more and more.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, now that they are talking about annual or even every 6 months of "boosters", this is becoming very much like the flu shots some folks get every year, where basically they pick the one for the strain of flu they that they think it will be and hope they're right.
I remember saying a few months ago that this was going to end up being the flu and got blasted on here.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is the other side of the aisle is erring on the side of safety.
Proposing mandates for a vaccine that should still be in trial, and to this date has been wildly ineffective is hardly erring on the side of caution.

In fact, it's had a negative consequence on other aspects of society in terms of the economy, schooling and development of children, along with other areas.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit AR 12's throwing himself a pity party.

Aaron Rodgers says fans tuned in to the Packers-49ers game to root against him because he's not vaccinated

:laugh3:
Judging by this forum, I don't think he's entirely wrong.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I said whatsoever. It is a minor inconvenience to wear a mask in public. Even if the only effect is to make people feel safer around you, it's not too much to ask.

Restricted airflow? It's not a bag over the head, it's a piece of thin, air permeable fabric.
And masks are completely ineffective against Covid. This has been proven time and time again and the CDC has even readily admitted it.

And genius, a mask is collecting bacteria and breathing that in over time in an uncontrolled environment (ie nurses/doctors in surgery is controlled) is not healthy.