• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat your chest all you want about the B1G. 2 SEC teams in the title which is all that matters
Yep. And 12 were not. Not beating my chest at all. Just making rational, factual comments. I'm an OSU fan. Not a BIG fan. Also not anti SEC as I was cheering for UGA.

In a discussion over which conference is better, though, one game does not determine your answer....and that was the discussion.

I grant you that was excellent deflection, though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is this was one game and does not come close to proving SEC was better than BIG this season. That's kooky talk.

I've said all along both UGA and Bama should be in, and was fair where they were seeded.

FYI, UM was the only BIG team allowed to be in this game who did not show up.

I don’t know.

I suspect at least some SEC teams in lesser bowls may have mailed it in.

I don’t think performance in bowls outside of the playoff means much at all. A September matchup is more telling that a December/January one in a non-playoff game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And 12 were not. Not beating my chest at all. Just making rational, factual comments. I'm an OSU fan. Not a BIG fan. Also not anti SEC as I was cheering for UGA.

In a discussion over which conference is better, though, one game does not determine your answer....and that was the discussion.

Yes the big was better top to bottom but where did that get them is my question? A pat on the back

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know.

I suspect at least some SEC teams in lesser bowls may have mailed it in.

I don’t think performance in bowls outside of the playoff means much at all. A September matchup is more telling that a December/January one in a non-playoff game.
I get what you are trying to say but makes little sense when comparing 28 teams (to really only look at what 2 did?). what september matchup(s) made anyone think the SEC was all that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia had nothing to play for.. .if we are being honest
They didn't want the 1 seed? an SEC title? Didn't want to possibly knock out Bama, a rival?

I hope Saban is allowing you to use his patented "didn't want to be there" excuse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't want the 1 seed? an SEC title? Didn't want to possibly knock out Bama, a rival?

I hope Saban is allowing you to use his patented "didn't want to be there" excuse.

If you think they were as motivated in that game as they will be on January 10th, you are nuts. They already had a spot locked in the playoffs. Cincy and Michigan did not scare bama or georgia. Now if it was ohio state waiting as the 3 seed then maybe some more motivation to get the 1 seed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the big was better top to bottom but where did that get them is my question? A pat on the back
does not matter where it got them. The discussion is which conference is better. The conferences consist of 28 teams.

Hell, I'm not even sure BIG is better this year top to bottom. Seems like they are but a very small sample size. I'm pretty sure the notion SEC is far better is kooky talk, though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia had nothing to play for.. .if we are being honest
Beating Bama very well may have meant they didn’t have to play them again right? That said, their performance didn’t show they were thinking that way.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think they were as motivated in that game as they will be on January 10th, you are nuts. They already had a spot locked in the playoffs. Cincy and Michigan did not scare bama or georgia. Now if it was ohio state waiting as the 3 seed then maybe some more motivation to get the 1 seed
"As motivated"? Probably not. But not being as motivated is far from saying they did not want to win and go all out to win. You think they would not prefer to be playing someone other than Bama for the title....and would be with a win in the SECCG.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does not matter where it got them. The discussion is which conference is better. The conferences consist of 28 teams.

Hell, I'm not even sure BIG is better this year top to bottom. Seems like they are but a very small sample size. I'm pretty sure the notion SEC is far better is kooky talk, though.
I don't care which conference was better. I give that to the big but it means very little when the other conference got 2 teams in the title game

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess that is my point.

It doesn’t matter which conference is better in the middle and at the bottom.

The best team(s) reside in the SEC.

And I think having 2 in the title games states a pretty good case for their conference as the top.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

Perhaps use a better word choice than “gift”?

A lot of us, including me said that Cincy was overmatched.

But it wasn’t a gift. Bama earned the right to face the weakest playoff opponent. And they handled their business.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care which conference was better. I give that to the big but it means very little when the other conference got 2 teams in the title game
OK...but that was not the discussion. Idea some said SEC was far better is kooky talk

But, sure, I'd rather see the team I cheer for win a title over the success of the rest of the conference they are in.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I mean, though you could certainly make a case UM had a better win AT Ohio State.

No issue with Bama as the #1. The gift was Cinci at 4. No chance Bama was losing that game. That said, isn't to say Cinci should not have been the 4 seed.
I hear ya but being honest, Saban blows out everybody in that semifinal spot. Your guys are the only team to beat them in that spot with Zeke Elliott. They blow out everybody when Saban has time to prepare. Happened to Sparty, OU, ND, Washington…

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that is my point.

It doesn’t matter which conference is better in the middle and at the bottom.

The best team(s) reside in the SEC.

And I think having 2 in the title games states a pretty good case for their conference as the top.
sure helped they had incredibly weak OOC games, though (at least Bama did). Give OSU Miami at home and they'd likely have made the CFP with just 1 loss. The extra conference games makes things tougher in the BIG, as well, instead of SEC week.

That is not directed at UGA, though, as they usually step up in OOC scheduling.

This is another advantage of going to 8 or 12......as it got Bama (and likely others) to step up, as well, as they know they are in no matter what if they win their conference.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

Perhaps use a better word choice than “gift”?

A lot of us, including me said that Cincy was overmatched.

But it wasn’t a gift. Bama earned the right to face the weakest playoff opponent. And they handled their business.
I'd still say it's a gift things fell like they did to put Cinci at 4....though I'm open to a better word choice if you have one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya but being honest, Saban blows out everybody in that semifinal spot. Your guys are the only team to beat them in that spot with Zeke Elliott. They blow out everybody when Saban has time to prepare. Happened to Sparty, OU, ND, Washington…
and I think all but OU would have been blown out by other teams besides Bama. Maybe even that OU team (don't recall which it was).

Hell, I thought our guys might be fodder, too, that year.