• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, they are fucked.

They have to pay him.

He's the Deandre Ayton of football.

Not a max guy. But, you have to overpay because of where he was picked and not having many other options.

And if you don’t?

You end up starting Taylor Heinecke.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, they are fucked.

They have to pay him.

Not a max guy. But, you have to overpay because of where he was picked and not having many other options.
Plus he is a fan favorite who has actually shown enough to be.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't comical, have you watched the games. Nothing changes. If the defense plays well, no adjustments are made. If the defense is shit, no adjustments are made. If you look at Woods' career, you see him clear regress in everywhere he's been. Teams figure him out, his prevent defense on 3rd down clearly isn't working. Playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 6, isn't working. The coaches responsibility is to put the players in the best position possible to succeed, they aren't doing that. More on defense than offense is my issue.

If you don't see it, you clearly aren't watching the game hard enough. Bc the inconsistency is against the best teams with great coaching. He gets outperformed every single time. If the Browns want to be a top team they need more than plain, jane DC. The guys' track record speaks for itself. It funny you keep mentioning just a couple games, why? Bc we see zero inconsistency and it's been going on 2 years. There are no excuses, this team has way too much talent and as I said weeks ago. The coaches are responsible for putting a system/scheme around the players where they feel comfortable and are used to the best of their strengths. That isn't happening.

If you think a couple dropped passes doesn't happen in almost every NFL games week in and week out I don't know what to say. Watch film close Joe Woods' scheme is a bend but don't break defense. The reason it succeeded in the few games is bc players simply made plays but even in the Cincy game Cincy drove down and gained yards like it was nothing. You can point out a few games, I can point out MOST games. Time to move on for Woods and stop making excuses. The guy sucks plain and simple. All that being said, this team has more issues than that but the first thing they need to do is fire this fucking loser. It isn't a coincidence the Pats converted 7/9 3rd downs.

Arizona 8/15 with a ton of 3rd and long conversions
LAC 6/13
KC 9/13
Houston really? 8/14
Even Denver was 5/11

Bend but don't break defense.
It's comical. Typical fan...team does it's job it's the players. Team does poorly it's the coach they don't like. No doubt entire team - minus the punter and maybe Johnson - played like crap.

Outperformed "every single time" yet by nearly any advanced metric you can find our D was top 5-10 before that last game. It's funny you say I must not watch when if you watched you'd refrain from making a foolish comment like that. Held a Cinci offense averaging 30+ to 16 points. In addition, after a very slow start on D the first 2 drives they did next to nothing rest of game. Same against MN (who also had a potent O coming in). almost like they made adjustments that worked

If we though better off dumping Woods I would not lose sleep but doesn't mean you should just make it up as you go. You also might want to catch some other games besides our team as seems you might not be....entire league has seen a number of up and down performances this season. Hell, in just the last couple weeks we've seen Buffalo/Allen get held to 6 vs. the Jags (then smoke the Jets)......Brady get outplayed by Heinecke..........Dallas get smoked by the Denver team we held in check (then, of course, Denver gets smoked by a Philly team that hadn't been doing much and dallas crushed Atlanta)...........Bmore/LJ are held in check and can barely move the ball vs. Miami........Steelers tie Detroit............All that was in last week or 2. The wunderkind coach and QB on the LAC? Not sure they've won a game since they beat us (maybe 1?).

If you reply, please do better than "I don't care about other teams I care about my team".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also important to note that Garrett has NEVER criticized the coaching staff his entire career, even Kitchens short stint and all the shit DC's they've had. He is the leader of this defense, no he doesn't need to shut up. He needs to speak up if there are issues and who knows if he said something behind close doors and no changes were made. It's simple this defense is talented and they expect more from the players but it comes to a certain point where you have to look at the coaches and they are responsible. It's part of the game. Also, if it's just not Myles clearly there are issues the players have and I'm sure these aren't new issues.

Of course the coaches share some blame. Quite a bit, I'm sure.

do you also want the coaches to call out players for missing blocks, tackles, dropping passes, committing dumb penalties, etc?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
friendly advice: DON'T pay Baker Mayfield all that money with a new contract...

Seriously though, with no solid QB prospects coming up in next year's draft that's gonna be a tough call...
Sure it will...luckily we have rest of this season and next to make it.

would add just like last week was not a reason to offer him a lot of $$, this past game is not a reason to make plans for next season without him. Not saying this is you, but way too much prisoner of the moment.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, they are fucked.

They have to pay him.

true....but plenty of time to make the call and whatever they pay him likely is not fully guaranteed for 4-5 seasons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he is a fan favorite who has actually shown enough to be.
Fan favorite? You should check out some Browns' forums. at best it's split 50-50 and I'd guess more like 70-30 against him.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it will...luckily we have rest of this season and next to make it.

would add just like last week was not a reason to offer him a lot of $$, this past game is not a reason to make plans for next season without him. Not saying this is you, but way too much prisoner of the moment.
I can understand letting things play out, so i'm with you there...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand letting things play out, so i'm with you there...
as mentioned yesterday and pretty sure you agreed.....league has been so unpredictable this season. as for the Browns, if we were moving on from guys based on last game we'd be left with a punter and maybe D'Ernest.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as mentioned yesterday and pretty sure you agreed.....league has been so unpredictable this season. as for the Browns, if we were moving on from guys based on last game we'd be left with a punter and maybe D'Ernest.

Don't forget about the long snapper. He had a solid game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for myself, if we only win one more game, let it be against the Cowboys...

hated those bastids for as long as i've followed football...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can almost guarantee no one saw a season like this one coming...

good for entertainment, though...

Browns are only one game behind the Chiefs in the win column 10 games into the season. Well dammit. That doesn't make me feel any better about my team's disappointing season.