• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the Patsies might take this game, but i didn't expect they'd win by a major steamrolling...
Nor did I....honestly, I'd rather be steamrolled than lose a heartbreaker (as long as not many losses like this).

In Browns forums, seems only Baker, coach and DC didn't do their jobs when in reality only the punter did.

Only positive I can come up with is nearly the entire league has been inconsistent this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
facts. What's up with that defense?
wish I knew. I mean, coming in all metrics I saw had us with a top 2-3 run D and top 10 overall (often top 5) and the D was mostly healthy and laid an egg.

Guess that's the NFL this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one was pretty clearly on the coaching. I mean they didn’t play good on offense and defense but if you saw the postgames, rhe players specifically called out the coaching FINALLY. It isn’t just Woods, it’s on offense too. They have too much talent even with injuries for the coaches to hold them back. If they don’t fire Woods soon, I can’t watch this shitshow anymore. He made ZERO adjustments the entire game, it was awful. Terrible hire in the first place but time to cut him loose.
Honestly, I'd rather see Myles (only one I saw call out coaches) shut the hell up and play. I had some issues with the coaching, but they don't drop passes, miss blocks, throw INTs

Idea you think Woods cannot make adjustments is kind of comical. I mean, nothing worked yesterday, true. Did ya catch the Cinci or MN games when they went up and down the field on first drive or 2 then were mostly shut down rest of game?

If they dump him, fine, but as usual the fans are just blaming the guy or guys they don't like for the loss when really only the punter did his job. If you wanted to fire someone based on his performance in this game we are an expansion team with a punter.

FYI, yes, been some inconsistency.....you know, like the entire NFL. On the season as a whole coming into game Browns were a top 2-3 run D and top 10 D overall (maybe top 5).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'd rather see Myles (only one I saw call out coaches) shut the hell up and play. I had some issues with the coaching, but they don't drop passes, miss blocks, throw INTs

Idea you think Woods cannot make adjustments is kind of comical. I mean, nothing worked yesterday, true. Did ya catch the Cinci or MN games when they went up and down the field on first drive or 2 then were mostly shut down rest of game?

If they dump him, fine, but as usual the fans are just blaming the guy or guys they don't like for the loss when really only the punter did his job. If you wanted to fire someone based on his performance in this game we are an expansion team with a punter.

FYI, yes, been some inconsistency.....you know, like the entire NFL. On the season as a whole coming into game Browns were a top 2-3 run D and top 10 D overall (maybe top 5).
No it isn't comical, have you watched the games. Nothing changes. If the defense plays well, no adjustments are made. If the defense is shit, no adjustments are made. If you look at Woods' career, you see him clear regress in everywhere he's been. Teams figure him out, his prevent defense on 3rd down clearly isn't working. Playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 6, isn't working. The coaches responsibility is to put the players in the best position possible to succeed, they aren't doing that. More on defense than offense is my issue.

If you don't see it, you clearly aren't watching the game hard enough. Bc the inconsistency is against the best teams with great coaching. He gets outperformed every single time. If the Browns want to be a top team they need more than plain, jane DC. The guys' track record speaks for itself. It funny you keep mentioning just a couple games, why? Bc we see zero inconsistency and it's been going on 2 years. There are no excuses, this team has way too much talent and as I said weeks ago. The coaches are responsible for putting a system/scheme around the players where they feel comfortable and are used to the best of their strengths. That isn't happening.

If you think a couple dropped passes doesn't happen in almost every NFL games week in and week out I don't know what to say. Watch film close Joe Woods' scheme is a bend but don't break defense. The reason it succeeded in the few games is bc players simply made plays but even in the Cincy game Cincy drove down and gained yards like it was nothing. You can point out a few games, I can point out MOST games. Time to move on for Woods and stop making excuses. The guy sucks plain and simple. All that being said, this team has more issues than that but the first thing they need to do is fire this fucking loser. It isn't a coincidence the Pats converted 7/9 3rd downs.

Arizona 8/15 with a ton of 3rd and long conversions
LAC 6/13
KC 9/13
Houston really? 8/14
Even Denver was 5/11

Bend but don't break defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also important to note that Garrett has NEVER criticized the coaching staff his entire career, even Kitchens short stint and all the shit DC's they've had. He is the leader of this defense, no he doesn't need to shut up. He needs to speak up if there are issues and who knows if he said something behind close doors and no changes were made. It's simple this defense is talented and they expect more from the players but it comes to a certain point where you have to look at the coaches and they are responsible. It's part of the game. Also, if it's just not Myles clearly there are issues the players have and I'm sure these aren't new issues.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor did I....honestly, I'd rather be steamrolled than lose a heartbreaker (as long as not many losses like this).

In Browns forums, seems only Baker, coach and DC didn't do their jobs when in reality only the punter did.

Only positive I can come up with is nearly the entire league has been inconsistent this season.
agreed. this season is definitely an odd one...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL AT THE BROWNS.

No offense @Wamu....this is for the other Browns fans douchebags.

Doesn't matter which sport or what team all fan bases have a set of irrational fans.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Browns. They are the sole reason I think of drinking again every October/November.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Browns. They are the sole reason I think of drinking again every October/November.
friendly advice: DON'T pay Baker Mayfield all that money with a new contract...

Seriously though, with no solid QB prospects coming up in next year's draft that's gonna be a tough call...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously though, with no solid QB prospects coming up in next year's draft that's gonna be a tough call...

Totally agree with you. The Browns are in a tough place. Over pay Mayfield or let him walk? Hopefully he understands what kinda QB he really is. Meaning he belongs in the league but doesn't deserve a max contract.

In a perfect world this is what I'd like to see happen. Mayfield takes a lesser contract to fully prove his worth. 3-4 years @ around 25m maybe? Don't follow contracts so outside of one QB not sure what they're getting. Then there'd be some loot left over so the team can address other issues (defense I'm thinkin' about you!).

That's still a disgusting amount of money (been saying for years all athletes in all sports are way overpaid). But he doesn't deserve an annual salary anywhere close to what Money Mahomes got (he's already proved his worth to the team).

Be a team player Baker. Don't get greedy. If he wants too much gotta let him walk. Can't sink that kinda money into just one player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don’t really have a choice though.

They can’t afford to let him walk unless they trade for Watson, Rodgers, etc. Baker isn’t a bad QB. He is Kirk Cousins.

That means unless they pay a king’s ransom for Rodgers or take a huge risk on Watson (or deal for somebody else) they will be downgrading substantially by deciding to not pay Baker.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, they are fucked.

They have to pay him.

He's the Deandre Ayton of football.

Not a max guy. But, you have to overpay because of where he was picked and not having many other options.