• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to hear Walker could be back this week or next. Newsome already out, though. Looks like Hubbard could play, too...if he can I'd sit Wills for a week.
I agree. It would be in their best interest to get Wills healthy if they can. I dont want this ankle injury turning into a year-long thing where he is battling it every week. If Hubbard can play that certainly helps.

Bummer Newsome is out- we could really use him against the Chargers.

JOK is just so much fun to watch- like I said- PFF has him as the best defensive rookie thus far in the league. He is kind of like a hybrid safety/linebacker. He can cover, he can blitz, he can shoot a gap and stop the run. He is a lot of fun to watch. He is a missal getting to the ball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-3 certainly possible IF steelers play better as you mention. But also very possible they are what we have seen. Hard to pick us to beat Bmore until we do, though, which certainly means 3-3 is very reasonable.
right.

they NEED to get at least 1 from Baltimore. It would be very disappointing if they showed up to the Baltimore games in relative health and lost both of them. Now if Myles is out, and Baker is hurt, etc....that's obviously a different story--- but if the Browns are relatively healthy and lose twice to the Ravens that will be a major measuring stick failed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right.

they NEED to get at least 1 from Baltimore. It would be very disappointing if they showed up to the Baltimore games in relative health and lost both of them. Now if Myles is out, and Baker is hurt, etc....that's obviously a different story--- but if the Browns are relatively healthy and lose twice to the Ravens that will be a major measuring stick failed.
If Baker can play against them like he did on MNF should win easily as the D is so much better than the one we had last year (as you showed).

Can he get back to the guy he was pre hurt shoulder (which seems to be a bigger issue)? We'll see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right.

I think he will still play bc that's just who he is. I believe in Stefanski enough to limit him to short passes and screens but if that is even hard for him they should just let him recover and stick with Keenum, run game and OL play. The OL kinda banged up could really hurt him but that's why they paid Keenum big money to be a reliable backup right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will still play bc that's just who he is. I believe in Stefanski enough to limit him to short passes and screens but if that is even hard for him they should just let him recover and stick with Keenum, run game and OL play. The OL kinda banged up could really hurt him but that's why they paid Keenum big money to be a reliable backup right?
Yep and will need to be Stefanski call as would really surprise me if Baker said he couldn't go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the line on Browns Chargers was Chargers -2.5 yesterday. I wonder if it moves at all on the news of Bakers torn labrum.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and will need to be Stefanski call as would really surprise me if Baker said he couldn't go.
Baker is going to go.

Thing about a torn labrum is rest really does not help- you just need surgery. Ive had surgery for a torn labrum. I used to pitch and torn the labrum in my left shoulder (which was my throwing arm). You can play with a non-throwing arm labrum injury, but there might be some issues with it--- but i wouldnt expecet it to be a major, or even that medium of a hindrance- maybe a minor hindrance.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker is going to go.

Thing about a torn labrum is rest really does not help- you just need surgery. Ive had surgery for a torn labrum. I used to pitch and torn the labrum in my left shoulder (which was my throwing arm). You can play with a non-throwing arm labrum injury, but there might be some issues with it--- but i wouldnt expecet it to be a major, or even that medium of a hindrance- maybe a minor hindrance.
Guy has followed up his worst games with elite games before so need to hope he can do it again.

Seem to recall before TN game last year many expected a run heavy game plan and he had Baker come out slinging it (and he was elite). Wouldn't shock me if that was the plan if he's able. No Landry would hurt, though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

interesting article:

Which NFL team is the most analytically advanced?​

1. Cleveland Browns (17)
2. Baltimore Ravens (4)
3. Miami Dolphins (1)

Which team produces the highest level of analytics work?​

1. Cleveland Browns (14)
2. Baltimore Ravens (3)
3. Buffalo Bills (2)
T4. Dallas Cowboys (1)
T4. Indianapolis Colts (1)
T4. Philadelphia Eagles (1)

Which team most incorporates analytics into its decision-making?​

1. Cleveland Browns (11)
2. Baltimore Ravens (6)
3. Philadelphia Eagles (2)
T4. Green Bay Packers (1)
T4. New York Giants (1)

Cleveland received the most votes for highest level of work last year, but now it's a clean sweep of these three categories in the second season of the Andrew Berry-Kevin Stefanski regime. The Browns are "making best use of resources and making every effort to gain a competitive advantage through analytics, so hearing it was a runaway was not too surprising," said an NFC analytics staffer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her comments about women were interesting. I'd be interested in seeing where she went with that if she continued to talk.

I think she's essentially right in that if a woman is going to dress in provocative way, men are going to look. Men should be better than to make suggestive or crude comments about it though.

But if you're going to be dressing in a way that you know is going to have people looking, you really can't get mad when they do.

b0b413ef-8987-4253-b814-588acd853d8b.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny story.

At a job I had many years ago, the majority of people who worked there were in our mid 20's to early 30's and unmarried. It was also about 60% female and 40% male employees.

I was a "Unit Coordinator" which was basically like an assistant manager. One of the women that worked there and I used to flirt and use sexual innuendos when talking to each other. Nothing serious, we were both engaged to other people, just being young and having fun.

I get called into the supervisors office because the supervisor wanted me to talk to a male co-worker who had started to try to flirt and use sexual innuendos with the same woman and she had complained about him. The supervisor was female and felt that it would be better received by him coming from another male.

I had to "fess up" and tell her that this woman and I flirt back and forth like that all of the time, which is likely why he thought it was okay.

So, I ended up having to talk to him and then talk to her and tell her that we had to cut way back on the flirting. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

interesting article:

Which NFL team is the most analytically advanced?​

1. Cleveland Browns (17)
2. Baltimore Ravens (4)
3. Miami Dolphins (1)

Which team produces the highest level of analytics work?​

1. Cleveland Browns (14)
2. Baltimore Ravens (3)
3. Buffalo Bills (2)
T4. Dallas Cowboys (1)
T4. Philadelphia Eagles (1)

Which team most incorporates analytics into its decision-making?​

1. Cleveland Browns (11)
2. Baltimore Ravens (6)
3. Philadelphia Eagles (2)
T4. Green Bay Packers (1)
T4. New York Giants (1)

Cleveland received the most votes for highest level of work last year, but now it's a clean sweep of these three categories in the second season of the Andrew Berry-Kevin Stefanski regime. The Browns are "making best use of resources and making every effort to gain a competitive advantage through analytics, so hearing it was a runaway was not too surprising," said an NFC analytics staffer.
#moneyball

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. Who looks like the best QB to come out since Baker Mayfield?

Hint: It’s not Baker Mayfield. Yes there is a very definitive answer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

19 and 20 basically, not counting Baker's draft, it's between Kyler or Herbert for me. I would probably go Herbert but I want to see his full 2nd season before saying he is better than Kyler. Kyler is the full package but needs to limit TO's a bit. When they were drafted I wasn't sold on Herbert but he has all the tools. Crazy how he looked so average at Oregon at times.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 and 20 basically, not counting Baker's draft, it's between Kyler or Herbert for me. I would probably go Herbert but I want to see his full 2nd season before saying he is better than Kyler. Kyler is the full package but needs to limit TO's a bit. When they were drafted I wasn't sold on Herbert but he has all the tools. Crazy how he looked so average at Oregon at times.
Think it was Salisbury that was crushing Cristobal some for saying he did not change up the offense to suit his passing ability.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, duh...how could Baker Mayfield be the best QB to come out SINCE Baker Mayfield?

all seriousness, if I could have any of them I might be inclined to take Herbert.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a Sooners fan you're awfully critical of # 6. :heh: Wonder if it bother him that he's not the best QB in the state?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, duh...how could Baker Mayfield be the best QB to come out SINCE Baker Mayfield?

all seriousness, if I could have any of them I might be inclined to take Herbert.
I have Herbert but honestly somehow forgot Murray. It’s the 2 of them, pick your poison.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, with Herbert and Nike money They had to try hard to not be good.