• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUPERBOWL SUNDAY, MUTHAFUCKAS...!!!

Happy Kansas City Chiefs GIF by Jomboy Media
Sorry I have to root for the Niners. I think it’s going to be a good game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we need a new HC.
Yeah that's definitely bad timing.

Thought was really odd at first to go from HC to OC but guess he was looking at some NFL OC positions, too. Guess just didn't think he could go that far at UCLA, especially entering the BIG?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He saved his job when the Bruins beat the Trojans. They were goig to fire him.

He interviewed for a bunch of NFL OC positions because he is tired of dealing with the NIL madness, like Saban who just retired from Bama. He does not want to be a HC in college anymore and just wants to be an OC somewhere. He coached Ryan Day in New Hampshire apparently, Day was his QB. Day coached under Kelly in 3 different places. I did not know that until today.
It's a good fit and you could be right (just does not want to be a HC in CFB).........only my guess but if he hits it out of the park at OSU and is offered a plum job I think he'd take it. Just a guess.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve been in trade talks with the Phillies for him recently. Apparently the sticking point is the Guardians demand for Phillies CF prospect Justin Crawford and the Phillies unwillingness to include him.
Obviously we are cheap is one reason.....but another is likely not a contender so why pay good money to a closer?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he want to be the tOSU OC then?

This isn't like Mike Entz coming from North Dakota State to be an assistant at USC. UCLA is a P5.

Maybe he thinks he'll get the HC job there if they fire Day?
Thought about the latter being a possibility.......but if he does his job as hoped would think we'd play well enough to not consider letting Day go.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say a few things

1. I highly doubt they trade him

2. If they trade him they will get a good package of players and almost assuredly "win" the trade in the long term

3. He was very good last year- still a top 5 closer- but not flat out amazing he was the previous year

I just think on the small chance they do trade him it is just capitalizing on an asset at the height of its value.....they dealt Corey Kulber for him- everyone said the Guards got ripped off---- now Clase has had a few amazing seasons- the Guardians do havea couple really nice bullpen prospects--- if they think capitalizing on his value right now is the smart thing to do- and they get the right offer- its hard to argue.
Mostly agree....but despite a ton of saves he was not that great last year....I'm sure you know he had a bunch of saves because he got a lot of chances. I wouldn't consider this selling high, but I get it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it and immediately thought it odd. From afar he’s one of the best pen arms in baseball. He’s on a great contract. These things together had me thinking the Guardians know something that everyone else doesn’t.
I guess if nothing else we usually do get rid of pitchers at the right time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about the latter being a possibility.......but if he does his job as hoped would think we'd play well enough to not consider letting Day go.

Yeah, that's true. The explanation I heard that makes the most sense is that, barring a cfp appearance, UCLA was going to fire him after next season. They said that jumping to tOSU was "pre-emptive" sets him up for a future HC position or a jump back to the NFL as an OC.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's true. The explanation I heard that makes the most sense is that, barring a cfp appearance, UCLA was going to fire him after next season. They said that jumping to tOSU was "pre-emptive" sets him up for a future HC position or a jump back to the NFL as an OC.
That makes sense....and guessing he didn't have a lot of confidence in his team there, especially entering the BIG.