• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s my card for tonight:
1. Logan Thomas o 46.5 receiving yards
2. WFT -3
3. Parlay: WFT -2.5, U 44.5
4. Parlay: WFT ML, Daniel Jones 225+ pass yards, Golladay o 54.5 receiving yards
5. The Antonio Gibson Parlay: O 74.5 rushing, 15+ receiving, anytime TD scorer

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your 3rd definition is pretty close to mine.

And I did say Baker might be an elite game manager.

But he isn’t the first thing on the scouting report when teams are trying to stop the Browns. And you know that is true.

Is Baker good enough to beat you if you load up on the run?

For sure he is.

Is he good enough to beat you Josh Allen or Mahomes style when the offensive game plan centers around him throwing the ball?

No. I have not seen that he can do that. And good news for you is that the Browns don’t have to do that because they have the best running game in the NFL.

But Baker is a lot closer to Ryan Tannehill in terms of style (highly effective game manager) than he is to Mahomes and Allen.
Those were not my definitions, FYI

Huh? Thinking that playoff game was a big game. We were missing our #1 WR. The #2 guy did not even get a target last game. #3 guy is gone (and didn't catch a pass). #4 guy was a 6th round rookie. 2 starting O-lineman were out AND their replacements. Moved the ball up and down the field.

By that definition, when has Mahomes ever shown he's any more than a game manager? You thinking Hill and Kelce would not be good without Mahomes? FYI, these are not my beliefs but should be yours if you think #3 is true.

Baker is so much more Favre than, say, Alex Smith or Aikman. If anything you could say he’s been too much of a risk taker, and he’s had to be coached to balance that with playing within a scheme and cutting down on turnovers (exact opposite of game manager). I know you can't take away the INT at the end, but if you just watched that game and evaluated Baker up to that point, he was elite, like top 3-5 or better elite QB good and made some throws that only big time guys can make.

None of my comments in this discussion are meant to say Baker is great/elite yet. But calling him a game manager just doesn't fit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to that point in the game when KC was riding momentum and the NFL team turned to their QB to yank the game by the balls and turn the tide and steal a big road win and then he turned it over as he failed? I’m not sure why you’d be bringing that up as it’s evidence that establishes the fact that Baker Mayfield isn’t the biggest swinging dick at the QB position. He’s not the guy.
No it's not even close to what I'm referring to as it was more Baker overall and not just 1 pass. If you lose track of what is going on you should ask before you make such a foolish comment.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not even close to what I'm referring to as it was more Baker overall and not just 1 pass. If you lose track of what is going on you should ask before you make such a foolish comment.
The foolish commentary is all the pushback from you pumping up Mayfield

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The foolish commentary is all the pushback from you pumping up Mayfield
again, if you are struggling with reading comprehension please just ask. I am pushing back on calling him a game manager because that is kooky talk. Not so much how someone rates him overall. Even said my comments can be seen as a negative toward him as sometimes his faults are he is too aggressive (opposite of game manager).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, if you are struggling with reading comprehension please just ask. I am pushing back on calling him a game manager because that is kooky talk. Not so much how someone rates him overall. Even said my comments can be seen as a negative toward him as sometimes his faults are he is too aggressive (opposite of game manager).
He absolutely is a game manager. Last year Cleveland ranked 25 in the league for pass attempts per game. Mayfield is a complimentary player in Cleveland’s attack.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He absolutely is a game manager. Last year Cleveland ranked 25 in the league for pass attempts per game. Mayfield is a complimentary player in Cleveland’s attack.
That's all that it takes to be a game manager? amount of pass attempts? Is Rodgers a game manager? GB had a whopping 25 more passes on the season than the Browns (barely 1.5 per game more than Browns). 18th i passes previous season. Big Ben had fewer. Guess he was a game manager? 12th in passes as a rookie. seattle had the fewest passes that year. Other than you, who knew Wilson was a game manager.

Game managers are among the best at deep ball passing? scoring in RZ when tough to move the ball? If anything, he's too much of a gunslinger when the easy, short throw might have been warranted.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont care if people call Mayfield a game manager or not a game manager.

just as long as by the end of the year you acknowledge him as a top 10 QB in the league (which he will without a doubt earn over the this season)- you can say whatever else you want.

And as for Josh Allen- think he is incredibly talented- but dude has had one good year- it was a very good year- but one good year- and he looked like crap first week of the season. His team also has no commitment to the running game and an o-coordinator that puts it in the air 40 times a game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont care if people call Mayfield a game manager or not a game manager.

just as long as by the end of the year you acknowledge him as a top 10 QB in the league (which he will without a doubt earn over the this season)- you can say whatever else you want.

And as for Josh Allen- think he is incredibly talented- but dude has had one good year- it was a very good year- but one good year- and he looked like crap first week of the season. His team also has no commitment to the running game and an o-coordinator that puts it in the air 40 times a game.
Fair point. Can call him all the things he's not - game manager, one read QB, etc - and if he plays well enough to be a top 10 QB or better we should have a very good season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all that it takes to be a game manager? amount of pass attempts? Is Rodgers a game manager? GB had a whopping 25 more passes on the season than the Browns (barely 1.5 per game more than Browns). 18th i passes previous season. Big Ben had fewer. Guess he was a game manager? 12th in passes as a rookie. seattle had the fewest passes that year. Other than you, who knew Wilson was a game manager.

Game managers are among the best at deep ball passing? scoring in RZ when tough to move the ball? If anything, he's too much of a gunslinger when the easy, short throw might have been warranted.
You’re talking about players who have also played in offenses where they were asked to throw the ball some 35-40 times a game. And no, it’s not “all it takes”. This is what? The 6th or 7th piece of evidence provided in this discussion?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayfield isn’t a top 10 QB.

Before I rattle off names, tell me what role you’d like me to play. Am I picking a QB for just this season or am I a GM projecting youth and talent? Mayfield doesn’t finish in the top 10 on either list.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife called and said they're admitting people to the hospital....."Don't go anywhere!"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Browns ranked third in the league in rushing attempts last season (495).

:trash:

97f20c613dafb8cccc6c0eabe9ea89e7.gif