• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen! Too many kids aren’t mature enough to go to college immediately after high school. CC is a great bridge and it cuts incurred debt by half. That’s super important because the Masters degree is the new Bachelors degree. My old man could get entry level without a degree. Same jobs my generation needed a bachelors to get the foot in the door. More and more now that condition exists for kids now needing a Masters. That’s 6 years of financing school through loans. Get the 2 year break in cost at CC! This is a hard sell because parents and students feel like that’s what everyone else does so they think they’re entitled to the 4 year live on campus experience. Meanwhile, that should be an earned privilege you get from earning grant and scholarship money.

On this metric, schools seem to be getting better and making more head way. Tech used to be an option that was only presented to the kids with bottom third GPAs. No longer. On career day the last three years I’ve invited speakers to address my Honors students. All they’ve ever heard is the college path and most will go that route. But I brought in a welder, an electrician, and a former student who owned his own landscaping business at 16 years old. He’s already sold it 6 years later for 3/4 of a million and he’s already started a new company doing similar work.

And I expect to see a lot more of that micro private equity like that landscaping company in the next decade

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got me a brisket in my smoker right now that should be ready right about halftime of Ravens/Chiefs.

And mine won't be one of those dry Lincoln Riley briskets either...lol

*edit - should be done by halftime of Niners/Lions.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coverage couldn't have been much better on that td. Just better offense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going with your power back there & out of shotgun formation wasn't smart

Happy they converted the 4th

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great blocking on the Lamar run. I could've gotten through the hole the o-line made. lol