• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about this. I wanted Kingsbury personally. Moore has a good track record but I can’t get it out of my head that once he left it seemed like Dak and the Cowboys offense took a step forward.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about this. I wanted Kingsbury personally. Moore has a good track record but I can’t get it out of my head that once he left it seemed like Dak and the Cowboys offense took a step forward.
I want Kingsbury for the Raiders.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will be happy with Moore, he’s good. The step forward for Dallas was obviously an illusion.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q haven’t been paying as much attention to CBB as I normally do but just looked at Lunardi bracketology from Friday and the zags are his first team out. They’re that bad this season?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q haven’t been paying as much attention to CBB as I normally do but just looked at Lunardi bracketology from Friday and the zags are his first team out. They’re that bad this season?

Yea. Their guard d is even worse than past years and they lost a key guy early

Just don’t have the depth of past years

Hard to lose a timme and strawther and keep it going

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunardi is a St Joe alum. More Hawks making noise in the world. THWND!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he willingly chose st joes….
Was a much better school back then. It was a great place for working class families to send their kids for a great education. They’ve been seriously mismanaged over the last 2 decades. It’s sad. I’m talking to kids about colleges all the time for school and my business and it hurts that I can’t give a sweeping endorsement to my alma mater. It’s just not worth the price point. Sad.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a much better school back then. It was a great place for working class families to send their kids for a great education. They’ve been seriously mismanaged over the last 2 decades. It’s sad. I’m talking to kids about colleges all the time for school and my business and it hurts that I can’t give a sweeping endorsement to my alma mater. It’s just not worth the price point. Sad.
Most aren’t anymore

The sad truth is most kids should at least do 2 years at a CC first

And many should just get into trades

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most aren’t anymore

The sad truth is most kids should at least do 2 years at a CC first
Amen! Too many kids aren’t mature enough to go to college immediately after high school. CC is a great bridge and it cuts incurred debt by half. That’s super important because the Masters degree is the new Bachelors degree. My old man could get entry level without a degree. Same jobs my generation needed a bachelors to get the foot in the door. More and more now that condition exists for kids now needing a Masters. That’s 6 years of financing school through loans. Get the 2 year break in cost at CC! This is a hard sell because parents and students feel like that’s what everyone else does so they think they’re entitled to the 4 year live on campus experience. Meanwhile, that should be an earned privilege you get from earning grant and scholarship money.
And many should just get into trades
On this metric, schools seem to be getting better and making more head way. Tech used to be an option that was only presented to the kids with bottom third GPAs. No longer. On career day the last three years I’ve invited speakers to address my Honors students. All they’ve ever heard is the college path and most will go that route. But I brought in a welder, an electrician, and a former student who owned his own landscaping business at 16 years old. He’s already sold it 6 years later for 3/4 of a million and he’s already started a new company doing similar work.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen! Too many kids aren’t mature enough to go to college immediately after high school. CC is a great bridge and it cuts incurred debt by half. That’s super important because the Masters degree is the new Bachelors degree. My old man could get entry level without a degree. Same jobs my generation needed a bachelors to get the foot in the door. More and more now that condition exists for kids now needing a Masters. That’s 6 years of financing school through loans. Get the 2 year break in cost at CC! This is a hard sell because parents and students feel like that’s what everyone else does so they think they’re entitled to the 4 year live on campus experience. Meanwhile, that should be an earned privilege you get from earning grant and scholarship money.

On this metric, schools seem to be getting better and making more head way. Tech used to be an option that was only presented to the kids with bottom third GPAs. No longer. On career day the last three years I’ve invited speakers to address my Honors students. All they’ve ever heard is the college path and most will go that route. But I brought in a welder, an electrician, and a former student who owned his own landscaping business at 16 years old. He’s already sold it 6 years later for 3/4 of a million and he’s already started a new company doing similar work.

One of the issues is now they’re adding computer sciences to tech schools and forcing out those kids who really need to be in tech schools