• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wager I’ve seen Mayfield play more than anyone here. There is definitely one thing I will give him elite status at and that is leading a team. He is as good at that as anyone and he comes by it naturally.
I think accuracy and arm strength are up there, too. No doubt guys seem to gravitate to him, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stretch you mentioned just showed they didn’t have a quality coach. As soon as Stoops came, boom, right back where they were. Very few programs grant that opportunity.
OK....but USC is one of those programs. and that is who we are talking about.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....but USC is one of those programs. and that is who we are talking about.
USC is definitely still a blue blood program yes. They have several busts in a row though, OU made the Stoops hire at a very critical time, much like where USC is now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is definitely still a blue blood program yes. They have several busts in a row though, OU made the Stoops hire at a very critical time, much like where USC is now.
They did...but a coach who believes in himself knows USC can be a plum job. Also might be some guys who would rather live in S. Cal over Oklahoma.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did...but a coach who believes in himself knows USC can be a plum job. Also might be some guys who would rather live in S. Cal over Oklahoma.
Look for Bob Stoops and Lincoln Riley’s comments on never being in a place better to raise a family than Norman, Ok. The glitz and glammer is not a selling point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for Bob Stoops and Lincoln Riley’s comments on never being in a place better to raise a family than Norman, Ok. The glitz and glammer is not a selling point.
what coach is not going to say the place they are is the best place to be....especially in CFB? Isn't to say he's lying, but how do you know what would be a selling point to him? If he did like CA better would he come out and say so?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what coach is not going to say the place they are is the best place to be....especially in CFB? Isn't to say he's lying, but how do you know what would be a selling point to him? If he did like CA better would he come out and say so?
Where do you think Bob Stoops lives today?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think Bob Stoops lives today?
If you are asking I'm guessing Oklahoma. So? I think we are talking about Riley at least listening if USC calls. But, hell, how old is Stoops since you mention him?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are asking I'm guessing Oklahoma. So? I think we are talking about Riley at least listening if USC calls. But, hell, how old is Stoops since you mention him?
Stoops is like 60 I believe. Lincoln Riley is at his last college job, it’s just a question of how long he wants to stay in college ball. OU is a destination job, just how it is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops is like 60 I believe. Lincoln Riley is at his last college job, it’s just a question of how long he wants to stay in college ball. OU is a destination job, just how it is.
OK.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he played well in the past with pretty bad coaching as a rookie. Played really well last year when he finally had a coach who was an adult. Now, for the first time, he gets to play in the same system in back-to-back years and there isn't a good chance he gets even better (sure looked like he did Sunday)?

what about last season? Once the entire O figured things out in this offense where did it seem like he struggled?

That isn’t what I am talking about at all.

By script I mean game script.

Favorable situations. Non obvious passing downs. 1st and 2nd downs, 3rd and short and when the score is close or the team is leading.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t what I am talking about at all.

By script I mean game script.

Favorable situations. Non obvious passing downs. 1st and 2nd downs, 3rd and short and when the score is close or the team is leading.
sorry....but really just seems there's nothing he can do you'd just admit you were wrong about the kid and he's a lot better than you thought he'd be (he's better than I thought he'd be, too).

The guy was among the best QBs in the red zone as a rookie, last season and on Sunday (so whenever he's coached by someone other than Freddie)....you know, when it's tough to throw and kind of important to get TDs and especially not turn it over. Guessing you have a reason that doesn't count for much.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how that is the case as far as stretch I mentioned.

Did you not notice USC also in tier 1? Of the criteria needed for tier 1, where is USC lacking where Oklahoma is superior other than OU football only game in town? Win and you will have job security. Don't and you wont. Not much different at OU than USC. Hell, look how long they let Helton stick around.

There were actually about 3 factors that kept him around this long.

1.) Lynn Swann gave him an extension with a $20 million buyout.
2.) Apparently, a couple of years ago, there was a deal set for Urban Meyer that went all the way to the top before it was rejected because of the what happened at tOSU and the climate at the time. By the time it was rejected, it was too late to go back to anyone else.
3.) Covid hit and they went 5-1 in the shortened season.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry....but really just seems there's nothing he can do you'd just admit you were wrong about the kid and he's a lot better than you thought he'd be (he's better than I thought he'd be, too).

The guy was among the best QBs in the red zone as a rookie, last season and on Sunday (so whenever he's coached by someone other than Freddie)....you know, when it's tough to throw and kind of important to get TDs and especially not turn it over. Guessing you have a reason that doesn't count for much.

I have literally never said I didn’t think he would be good.

I said I don’t think he will be great.

And he isn’t.

So I am not wrong.

And I am not knocking him either. In fact, I went out of my way with my first post to say he played well against KC. You were pushing back about a post that I think Coherd made about Baker.

And I was checking you because you clearly don’t understand what Coherd was talking about.

I am not saying he was right, but your analysis of his comment shows that you don’t comprehend it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Y'all better stop talking bad about Baker.

Next thing ya know, y'all gonna start talking bad about Kevin Love. :heh:

That is the thing.

Nobody is talking bad about Baker.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3