• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Gotta change your whole focus bro. The desire shouldn’t be “give me some upsets”. It should be “send me some winners”. Don’t try and get it all at once. Doesn’t work that way. Calculated risk. Patience. Slow and steady wins the race.

(And I’m also the guy who had 22 prop plays on NFL opening weekend, haha. Do as I say, not as I do.

Lmao i had a similar number. Think my final number was around 16 or 17

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the term game manager doesn't really make sense for Baker or a lot of QB's bc the scheme is revolved around a running game and great OL play. I've seen Baker win games bc of his arm plenty of times. I mean if it wasn't for his arm in that KC game...they would be toast. He made a lot of perfect throws but people go look at the box score and say "No TD's and he threw 29 times in this day and age" = game manager. Sure he is a game manager some games, some games he isn't but like Trojan said a lot of QB's have to be game managers. Even the greats do as well. Is he going to throw for 500 yards and 4TD's as often as Mahomes? Nope but we seen him do it. Really isn't even the point, Baker is not a game manager but there are times were he definitely can be when the running game is working. Like you said, Brady was labeled the greatest game manager for a long time and some people thought his success was bc of Bill Belichick and his scheme.
Yep...and while those RBs are exceptional, something tells me while they help out Baker the opposite is true as well. Baker's ability to stretch the D helps the running game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao i had a similar number. Think my final number was around 16 or 17
Props are so under played that they can provide good value, especially for a gambler who has already been up on Fantasy football. Since legalized gambling, these lines have become so tight and hard to beat because of all the betting on a game. I like to sprinkle a volume of props knowing I’m going to lose a bunch but usually hit at a 55-65% clip. It becomes profitable.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing he is, but doesn't hurt to find out.

Yep, you never know unless you make the call.

Have to think Matt Campbell will get a call.

Him, Luke Fickell (Bohn hired him at Cincinatti). Word is that he's happy in the Midwest...but who knows...maybe Bohn can convince him.

Rick Neuheisel was on Dan Patrick today claiming it will be Urban Meyer. lol

Whatever they do, they're gonna have to open the checkbook if the want that "name" coach. A top coach isn't coming to USC for the $4.5 million they were paying Helton...so those big donors that have been calling for his head for the past 4 years, need to put their money where their mouth is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Him, Luke Fickell (Bohn hired him at Cincinatti). Word is that he's happy in the Midwest...but who knows...maybe Bohn can convince him.

Might like the MW but a huge raise and 72 and sunny every day might lure him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might like the MW but a huge raise and 72 and sunny every day might lure him.

Yeah, it could be a little bit of a smokescreen too. He still has a season to coach after all.

Showing up with a big check and virtually unlimited resources can be very persuasive as well. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it just seems the term game manager gets thrown around a lot. Often at QBs someone wants to throw shade on. Used to be the ultimate game manager QB was Trent Dilfer and how he "led" the Ravens. Baker is nothing like Dilfer. If anything, it used to be the complaints on Baker were for things he did that were the opposite of being a game manager. Took too many chance, for instance.

Guy is one of the best deep ball passers and make a number of throws downfield. Doesn't scream game manager to me. Doesn't mean he has or will reach elite status but this attempt to knock him just doesn't add up from what I see in him. I think the term better describes, say, Brady, much better than it does baker.....and that's not a knock on Brady.

You mentioned Dilfer so I looked up his stats. Holy crap! Did you know in 2000 when the Ravens won it all & he was the QB he only completed 47.9% of passes in the playoffs?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever they do, they're gonna have to open the checkbook if the want that "name" coach. A top coach isn't coming to USC for the $4.5 million they were paying Helton...so those big donors that have been calling for his head for the past 4 years, need to put their money where their mouth is.

Speaking of Fickell I'm glad he gotta second chance at coaching. He wasn't ready in 2011 to be a HC. Tricky Tressel's cover-up of the Tat 5 left Ohio State with few options. But since he got to Cincy he's proven he's a pretty good coach.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it could be a little bit of a smokescreen too. He still has a season to coach after all.

Showing up with a big check and virtually unlimited resources can be very persuasive as well. lol
Correct.....I mean, a coach is not gonna say he might take a job before he is ready to take it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mentioned Dilfer so I looked up his stats. Holy crap! Did you know in 2000 when the Ravens won it all & he was the QB he only completed 47.9% of passes in the playoffs?
That team also went like 5 successive weeks without an offensive TD. Unreal defense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of it was with a different QB. Maybe Tony Banks?

Don't remember and don't really feel like looking it up. Tony Banks, did he play at Michigan State? Name sounds kinda fimilar.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing he is, but doesn't hurt to find out. Have to think Matt Campbell will get a call. Hell, maybe even call Riley. Not sure where he's from but if Southern CA have to think there might be interest. Not a bad gig.
Riley to leave for a much lesser job? No chance.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley to leave for a much lesser job?

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal