• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward injured in practice today. Browns' injury streak continues...
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have kind of been assuming that the Bears would trade down and keep Fields. Listening to local radio today something I hadn’t considered was brought up. The bears may need to move on from Fields just to restart the qb rookie contract thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have kind of been assuming that the Bears would trade down and keep Fields. Listening to local radio today something I hadn’t considered was brought up. The bears may need to move on from Fields just to restart the qb rookie contract thing.
I think this seems pretty obvious IF they love one of the QBs at 1. QB on rookie deal is huge.

Brings me to a topic I heard on 1st take. They asked what QBs they would take now over Stroud. Stephen A. said maybe only Mahomes, LJ and possibly Allen. The rest thought he was nuts. Stephen A. made some decent points for his case but didn't even mention the best one......the rookie contract. Because of that, if you buy what we saw this season is who he is you could argue you might take him over any QB.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you must not read the Bears forum much lol

They love me there

and by love...

I mean dislike strongly

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense even if they do have plenty of cap room

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

Thoughts on Carroll stepping down as a HC and moving into an advisory role?

I don't think it was his choice and I don't really understand the move. The Seahawks are a young team and as much as I love Geno, he's been a career backup for a reason. Despite that, they were in the playoff hunt all season and finished 9-8.

Based on his comments, he clearly doesn't feel he's done coaching, and they were saying this morning that there are some teams that would likely have some interest in him. The Chargers and Falcons were 2 teams mentioned.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was his choice and I don't really understand the move. The Seahawks are a young team and as much as I love Geno, he's been a career backup for a reason. Despite that, they were in the playoff hunt all season and finished 9-8.

Based on his comments, he clearly doesn't feel he's done coaching, and they were saying this morning that there are some teams that would likely have some interest in him. The Chargers and Falcons were 2 teams mentioned.
24-25 the last 3 years, I expect that’s it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-25 the last 3 years, I expect that’s it

They were in a bit of a rebuild trying to transition from the Russell Wilson era. They've brought in a lot of young players and looking for a QB. In a lot of ways they remind me of the teams from when he first got there and were putting together the Legion of Boom defense and discovered Russell Wilson.

I didn't see anything that showed me he's lost the team, so I don't think that was it.

It looked like he was trying to build them into a defense first, run heavy team in an era where everyone is throwing the ball all over the field...maybe that's what the owner wants.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were in a bit of a rebuild trying to transition from the Russell Wilson era. They've brought in a lot of young players and looking for a QB. In a lot of ways they remind me of the teams from when he first got there and were putting together the Legion of Boom defense and discovered Russell Wilson.

I didn't see anything that showed me he's lost the team, so I don't think that was it.

It looked like he was trying to build them into a defense first, run heavy team in an era where everyone is throwing the ball all over the field...maybe that's what the owner wants.
You look around and you don’t see a lot of defense first guys still running things.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look around and you don’t see a lot of defense first guys still running things.

I think he'd work well with the Chargers. They have a veteran defense and a really good QB with weapons. 7 of their losses were by a field goal or less. They just need a coach who isn't a dumbass. lol

He could get the most out of that defense and just let the OC handle the offense.

But you're right, the league seems to be moving away from defense first guys.