• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is not willing to fight for the job this is true. But also true many thought he beat out McCord so if willing to fight it's kooky talk to say no shot. Howard a strong favorite? I agree with that.

That said, assuming we return a lot on D someone better step up at QB as the D should be elite again. I don't really care who it is.
I care who it is. Brown is a fighter, I don't expect him to transfer-he is a tough kid but it will be very difficult to beat out Howard.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,802.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Brown is injury prone. He can't stay on the field in limited time. He hasn't had a chance to prove himself no doubt but I highly doubt he will offer anything close to what howard provides. Howard has some damn good speed for being 6'5" 240 and he can take some hits. He has improved as a passer but I think he can grow even more in this offense. Plus he will have much more talent than he did at K-St. I would expect more from him and he has leadership. I feel for Brown but it is what it is-unfortunate. Can't expect Noland to do anything more than sit out the year and reshirt so they have him for a couple years 2 or 3.
Will Howard is going to be the starting qb. He’s not going there without knowing he will get first shot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Brown is injury prone. He can't stay on the field in limited time. He hasn't had a chance to prove himself no doubt but I highly doubt he will offer anything close to what howard provides. Howard has some damn good speed for being 6'5" 240 and he can take some hits. He has improved as a passer but I think he can grow even more in this offense. Plus he will have much more talent than he did at K-St. I would expect more from him and he has leadership. I feel for Brown but it is what it is-unfortunate. Can't expect Noland to do anything more than sit out the year and reshirt so they have him for a couple years 2 or 3.
Good point......as I said in a previous post just hope someone steps up and sounds like should be Howard.

Though Noland beating him out would be nice, I guess, since we'd have him for 3 years (and know he's pretty good).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Howard is going to be the starting qb. He’s not going there without knowing he will get first shot.
sounds like he should be.....I could see getting first shot but not a guarantee he wins it (and no one knows what Noland will be)...but as a FR will be hard to win it).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,802.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like he should be.....I could see getting first shot but not a guarantee he wins it (and no one knows what Noland will be)...but as a FR will be hard to win it).
I would bet a lot that Howard was told he is starting game one. That’s about all he could ask for.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's not just tough it's literally unheard of for an OSU true frosh to start game one. It's never happened. JT was a redshirt but only there because Braxton got hurt.

Pryor had to wait. Braxton should have been day 1 starter but had to wait.

It's never happened.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not just tough it's literally unheard of for an OSU true frosh to start game one. It's never happened. JT was a redshirt but only there because Braxton got hurt.

Pryor had to wait. Braxton should have been day 1 starter but had to wait.

It's never happened.
OK...but Brown is not a FR and I do think other coaches may have started Pryor and Miller week 1.

FYI, never said the FR would win said it might be good if he did as it would mean we have a really good QB for 3 seasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports trivia.

Without looking it up can anyone name the first player to win a playoff national championship and a Super Bowl?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...but Brown is not a FR and I do think other coaches may have started Pryor and Miller week 1.

FYI, never said the FR would win said it might be good if he did as it would mean we have a really good QB for 3 seasons.

was referring to Noland

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the well known guys I can recall did not so gonna guess some lesser guy......Heuerman? Maybe Decker?

You got it. TE J. Heuerman won it all with the Buckeyes in '14 then was on the roster in '15 with the Broncos but was injured.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it. TE J. Heuerman won it all with the Buckeyes in '14 then was on the roster in '15 with the Broncos but was injured.
Lucky guess as figured the Denver SB was earlier than that one.