• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually meant the selection process more than the game. The game has been dead for awhile imo.
Browns defense is not a fluke--- Garrett is elite. Ward is elite. Emerson is elite. JOK and Tomlinson are great players. Delpit is turning into a very good player.

They have at least 5 defenders who are really really good in Garrett, Ward, Emerson, JOK and Tomlinson

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,802.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Thursday night football, this sucks

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JOK - last time i looked- lead the league in tackles for loss- and is like the prototypical pass linebacker in the game---- he can do so much- cover, blitz, he tackles well- he can spy a guy like Lamar

on the radio they were talking about a possible Ravens matchup and were saying that JOK was SPECIFICALLY drafted to spy Lamar Jackson.

I love me some Browns but directing every single possible conversation towards the Browns isn't my bag.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rumor Ohio St could bring in Mullen for QB coach/OC

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day another fucking school shooter.

Killing 6th graders in Iowa?

What drives someone to do this in fucking Iowa?

Did they trespass on your cornfield?

Terrible.

My guess is the same in Iowa as everywhere else in this country.

Lots of people struggling with mental health. Kids are super stressed. Schools are doing more to add pressure and stress than they are to relieve it. And kids can be incredibly mean to one another.

Add in easy access to guns and you got a problem that isn’t going away anytime soon.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible.

My guess is the same in Iowa as everywhere else in this country.

Lots of people struggling with mental health. Kids are super stressed. Schools are doing more to add pressure and stress than they are to relieve it. And kids can be incredibly mean to one another.

Add in easy access to guns and you got a problem that isn’t going away anytime soon.
You know what’s crazy? The draw this young generation has to True Crime anything…books, movies, documentaries, series, etc… I get it. Some of the stuff I’ve seen has been fascinating but the sheer numbers of kids that are into it allow for some real crazies to slip through the cracks that are seeking this genre and then idolize the killers in the story.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,802.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what’s crazy? The draw this young generation has to True Crime anything…books, movies, documentaries, series, etc… I get it. Some of the stuff I’ve seen has been fascinating but the sheer numbers of kids that are into it allow for some real crazies to slip through the cracks that are seeking this genre and then idolize the killers in the story.
Parents have incredibly hard jobs now days

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was talking about this with a couple co-workers a few weeks back.

The TV thing is real.

When I was growing up, all the network TV sitcoms were built around strong families and protagonists who were good people. There were always bullies/mean kids, but they were not the main characters and the way the shows were written, the audience didn’t like these people.

Today?

So many main characters in shows are the bullies. Social media is a cesspool of bad behavior and it gets glamorized.

It is really damn hard to raise a kid in 2024.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parents have incredibly hard jobs now days
My own kid is in to the genre! She took a Forensic Science class in high school as an elective. She enjoys the investigation stuff and the cat and mouse to catch the killer. I guess I’m lucky my kid is well adjusted and would never harm a fly but if you’re a parent of a kid who is struggling or an outcast you get blinded by that and you let your guard down and you’ll sign up for the slightest bit of “oh my God they like something!” Same thing with kids who play like 5-6 hours of video games. These parents are just excited that their kid is excited about something and they run with it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,802.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,802.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My own kid is in to the genre! She took a Forensic Science class in high school as an elective. She enjoys the investigation stuff and the cat and mouse to catch the killer. I guess I’m lucky my kid is well adjusted and would never harm a fly but if you’re a parent of a kid who is struggling or an outcast you get blinded by that and you let your guard down and you’ll sign up for the slightest bit of “oh my God they like something!” Same thing with kids who play like 5-6 hours of video games. These parents are just excited that their kid is excited about something and they run with it.
Speaking of video games, did you see where a 13 year old from Oklahoma beat Tetris? First one ever I guess.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of video games, did you see where a 13 year old from Oklahoma beat Tetris? First one ever I guess.
Wow that’s crazy. Sign that kid up for STEM stuff. The thinking required to be good in that game is the stuff of engineering success.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was talking about this with a couple co-workers a few weeks back.

The TV thing is real.

When I was growing up, all the network TV sitcoms were built around strong families and protagonists who were good people. There were always bullies/mean kids, but they were not the main characters and the way the shows were written, the audience didn’t like these people.

Today?

So many main characters in shows are the bullies. Social media is a cesspool of bad behavior and it gets glamorized.

It is really damn hard to raise a kid in 2024.

I see the shit going on today with kids and think...I'm really glad my kids are all grown.

I worry some about the grandkids, but so far so good. Oldest grandkid just turned 13 and so far, haven't seen anything beyond the normal 13 year old nonsense...but then he knows better because his Mom (the middle daughter) ain't havin' it. lol