• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns-- gotta take the small victories--- id trade em all for a couple playoff wins-- but--

1. Coach of the Year--- Stefanski- big favorite right now;
2. Comeback Player of the Year: Flacco- a given unless they just give it to Hamlin who doesnt really play;
3. Defensive Player of the Year: Garrett- the betting favorite right now;
4. Assistant Coach of the Year: Jim Schwartz.

I would say those guys are the favorites to win all those awards.

Good thing you don't have any biases...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,802.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just name the team and be done with it. No game. It isn’t even football.
I’ve always said with all the great kickers in the league now have a damn fg contest. That’s something that would generate interest and it’s not likely anyone will get hurt. Be cool to find out how long these guys can really go. That alone is a lot more interesting than what they are doing now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pro bowl is dumb as shit. For the most part it is just giving the big names recognition. I would like to see the all-pro teams at least get it right.
Fans get a portion of the vote, right? Have to believe that is why Tucker made it.

I guess could say name got Bitonio there but thought at least one other Browns' CB besides Ward would make it or be an alternate. From numbers I heard sounded like MJ Emerson was really screwed...deserved it over even Ward.

Oh well.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans get a portion of the vote, right? Have to believe that is why Tucker made it.

I guess could say name got Bitonio there but thought at least one other Browns' CB besides Ward would make it or be an alternate. From numbers I heard sounded like MJ Emerson was really screwed...deserved it over even Ward.

Oh well.

man idk...it felt like Ward being out was bigger than missing Delpit and it wasn't even close even though Delpit had a great year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man idk...it felt like Ward being out was bigger than missing Delpit and it wasn't even close even though Delpit had a great year.
Losing Ward hurts a ton....but helps to have 2 starting caliber like MJ and Newsome. Those safeties stepped up too.

They were reading the numbers today and MJ's were unreal. Top 1-2 in nearly every category. Like QB rating against and stuff like that. Kind of absurd Ramsey made it playing 9 games but whatever. No biggie.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Ward hurts a ton....but helps to have 2 starting caliber like MJ and Newsome. Those safeties stepped up too.

They were reading the numbers today and MJ's were unreal. Top 1-2 in nearly every category. Like QB rating against and stuff like that. Kind of absurd Ramsey made it playing 9 games but whatever. No biggie.

the D performed substantially worse minus Ward than minus Delpit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always watched and enjoyed the Pro Bowl for what it is...but football isn't really a sport that lends itself to things like all-star games.

These days the top players don't seem to be very interested in playing in it like they did in the past, which takes a lot away from it. Folks want to see the guy who was actually the guy who was picked, not the 3rd alternate.
I actually meant the selection process more than the game. The game has been dead for awhile imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve always said with all the great kickers in the league now have a damn fg contest. That’s something that would generate interest and it’s not likely anyone will get hurt. Be cool to find out how long these guys can really go. That alone is a lot more interesting than what they are doing now.

That number of great kickers is decreasing and pretty fickle (with a few notable exceptions), but he special events in place of the games are intriguing though. Some of these trick shot kickers could display those talents too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the D performed substantially worse minus Ward than minus Delpit.
I thought the D played really well at home and struggled on the road in most games....no matter who was in/out.

But, sure, I'd rather be missing a safety than a shutdown CB....but based on the metrics MJ was better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh well.
Emerson got screwed bigtime

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JOK - last time i looked- lead the league in tackles for loss- and is like the prototypical pass linebacker in the game---- he can do so much- cover, blitz, he tackles well- he can spy a guy like Lamar

on the radio they were talking about a possible Ravens matchup and were saying that JOK was SPECIFICALLY drafted to spy Lamar Jackson.