• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, a tougher schedule you say?
yes, I did say that. also said did not want to reward TCU for a pretty easy SOS, which was the only part of the schedule they control. at least it was not as bad as Baylor's though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claimed SOS was why Bama was picked. If you'd like to walk that back feel free.

Alabama's tougher schedule (including beating Georgia in their final regular season game) was the reason that 1 loss Alabama got the slot over undefeated FSU, yes. I haven't walked that back at all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put a committee in charge of the decision instead of laying out definitive rules, you live by their decision. To imply it wasn't just is pointless, especially given the circumstances. Alabama's loss (and one of their wins) were vs teams much tougher than anyone FSU faced. To ignore that is simply being obtuse.
Odd you'd say this when I doubt anyone disagrees the committee was free to do what they wanted. all he implied was they switched the "rules" they had lived by to that point.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,830.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for some predictions on this game. After watching Washington I just don’t think Michigan can score with them, I got Washington.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd you'd say this when I doubt anyone disagrees the committee was free to do what they wanted. all he implied was they switched the "rules" they had lived by to that point.

There are no rules defined (are there?), but they do use logic to make their decisions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for some predictions on this game. After watching Washington I just don’t think Michigan can score with them, I got Washington.

That's what I'm rooting for, but Michigan's D is tougher than Texas'. I'm torn on this one.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the poor offensive display Mich v Alabama there’s no doubt in my mind that FSU could have competed with their defense.
Milroe >>>>>>>>>> than healthy QB on the Florida State roster. No comparison. Florida State wouldn't move the ball against Michigan. I am not downplaying Florida St's defense, they were legit, but you must not be remembering those couple games with those slapdicks. They had a couple of long runs. The QB's were awful and if you add in turnovers the game is not closer than Bama made it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Said when the playoff teams were announced I'd like to see Washington win it all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milroe threw for 115 yards. How many B10 also rans threw for more yards than that vs Michigan this year?
This says more about Michigan and the CFP this year. Very weak this year. Michigan barely beat a team against a QB that could not throw. That beings said, the Florida St QB's couldn't throw or pass. Huge difference. They would have to score on defense

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contenders? Bold statement considering they would need more roster moves to compete. They need OL and defense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's tougher schedule (including beating Georgia in their final regular season game) was the reason that 1 loss Alabama got the slot over undefeated FSU, yes. I haven't walked that back at all.
You added the 1 loss when you saw the SOS argument puts OSU in by those rules in 2021.

and, yes, I get no 2 loss team had ever made it.....nor had a no loss P5 champ.

How about you make up the rules you think they needed to use. whatever you want. But stick to your rules.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contenders? Bold statement considering they would need more roster moves to compete. They need OL and defense.

are we talking next season? For sure we are contenders. OL help would certainly help but if guys many think are staying on D stay should have an elite D. I think comes down to QB more than OL......doesn't mean OL help not needed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on your side here but I don’t know if it’s my heart or my head. In my eyes, it would be horrible to see Michigan win a national title in a year in which they have been outed as cheaters. I’m thinking that Michigan really hasn’t seen a pass offense on the level of Washington this year. At the same time, I don’t know that Washington has seen a defense like Michigan’s yet. I think Washington’s D is under rated and could rise up to stop Michigan’s offense if they can compete in the trenches. Michigan has some of the best trench play in the country though.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I have a bias here but I think it was more than that. Probably did not want to reward TCU for a pretty bad OOC and, yes, OSU did have to play an extra game and smoked Wisky to win that title.

committee never said they didn't win the B12. Just said it was different and also likely pointed to that extra win and a tougher schedule for OSU if memory serves.

No, they said osu was a conference champ and that was the difference

Blatant disregard to the b12’s autonomy for how a conference decides their champion

Especially when the conference applied for a game and lost it

And wisky was unranked after that so meh win anyway

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This says more about Michigan and the CFP this year. Very weak this year. Michigan barely beat a team against a QB that could not throw. That beings said, the Florida St QB's couldn't throw or pass. Huge difference. They would have to score on defense
I don’t know. Alabama struggled on the OL all year and Michigan took advantage of that. I don’t think the FSU OL would have had the same problems. That being said, what that outcome looks like, who knows.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on your side here but I don’t know if it’s my heart or my head. In my eyes, it would be horrible to see Michigan win a national title in a year in which they have been outed as cheaters. I’m thinking that Michigan really hasn’t seen a pass offense on the level of Washington this year. At the same time, I don’t know that Washington has seen a defense like Michigan’s yet. I think Washington’s D is under rated and could rise up to stop Michigan’s offense if they can compete in the trenches. Michigan has some of the best trench play in the country though.

Michigan needs to avoid all the stupid penalties Texas got that took away their run game

If Texas could’ve avoided all the dumb penalties they could’ve ran them over

I expect Michigan to try the same tactic

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. Alabama struggled on the OL all year and Michigan took advantage of that. I don’t think the FSU OL would have had the same problems. That being said, what that outcome looks like, who knows.

Bama also fumbled 5 times, most unforced and the one that was forced was more stupidity by Milroe than anything

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milroe >>>>>>>>>> than healthy QB on the Florida State roster. No comparison. Florida State wouldn't move the ball against Michigan. I am not downplaying Florida St's defense, they were legit, but you must not be remembering those couple games with those slapdicks. They had a couple of long runs. The QB's were awful and if you add in turnovers the game is not closer than Bama made it.

This isn’t true

Jordan Travis is a Heisman finalist level qb

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You added the 1 loss when you saw the SOS argument puts OSU in by those rules in 2021.

and, yes, I get no 2 loss team had ever made it.....nor had a no loss P5 champ.

How about you make up the rules you think they needed to use. whatever you want. But stick to your rules.

The 1 loss was always a factor, as that is the reality of the situation. Don't get butthurt that your supposed "gotcha" situation failed miserably. Besides, I never said the committee was infallible, just that this year's decision makes logical sense. If you want to disagree and point to a context-free record blindly, go right ahead.

Thankfully, it appears that these disagreements will be further on the fringe next year with the move to a 12 team playoff.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,830.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Michigan has a great defense and their offense isn’t completely terrible, but there is still an element of the old Big 10 two yards and a cloud of dust. What settles it for me is I know Washington’s offense is much better than Alabama. Plus they contained Oregon’s offense well enough in my mind.