• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,830.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

The hell it wasn't. They couldn't include Alabama without Texas because of the head-to-head. That's why Texas was ranked ahead of Alabama.

There was nothing to be "tightly contested" until ESPN started their narrative and the committee decided to change established precedent.

This was set up to be the easiest selection process the committee has ever had. They had 3 unbeaten P5 conference champs and 2 one loss P5 conference champs with a head-to-head...yet they still managed to fuck it up and create controversy.

Had they just followed established precedent, there would have been zero controversy.
No, but people likely would have died lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about SOS when it suits you. That's fine. Just say so.

No matter how the SOS came about (OSU'd not losing to a CFP team) it was better than Bama's 50.

You're always going to have a tough time getting into the final 4 with 2 losses.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also messed up as we did not beat Oregon that year.

But I think most would agree OSU was a better team than Cinci and played a much tougher schedule. Cinci got the nod though and it was justified.

The key reason in your delusion

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key reason in your delusion
You might have something there if not for the fact I said OSU should not have gotten in and I did not think they would.

Only by your "logic" did I think they should be in.

Try again.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also messed up as we did not beat Oregon that year.

But I think most would agree OSU was a better team than Cinci and played a much tougher schedule. Cinci got the nod though and it was justified.

They were lucky it was a down year

They were weaker than multiple G5 undefeated teams in recent years

And their big win was against the backup qb

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team has ever been left out because of an injured player, especially when they were an unbeaten P5 conference champ?

tOSU wasn't when they had to use Cardale Jones who was 3rd string.

There were 3 unbeaten P5 champs. Were they supposed to have 3 teams ranked #1?

The committee changed the way things were done and ESPN started their "Alabama should be in over FSU because FSU's QB is injured" campaign before FSU's game was over.

It is an invalid argument because this entire scenario is unprecedented.

3 unbeaten power conference teams AND a 1 loss team from the perceived “best conference” beating the previously undefeated #1 in the championship game.

That set of circumstances has never happened before in the same year. Usually we are arguing about 1 loss teams.

So yeah, of course no undefeated power conference team has ever been left out.

Each of the top 6 would have been a top 2 seed in an average season.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 unbeaten power conference teams AND a 1 loss team from the perceived “best conference” beating the previously undefeated #1 in the championship game.

That set of circumstances has never happened before in the same year. Usually we are arguing about 1 loss teams.

How many non conference champs have been a 2 seed?

I honestly don’t know

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn’t the committee worse decision because they had a legit reason

In 2014 they forced Ohio st in nt claimkng tcu didn’t win the big12….when the big 12 named them their champion (co-champion because they weren’t allowed an actual ccg)

But the committee has zero right to dictate the rules of the conference

At least the fsu one had some measure of logic and reason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 unbeaten power conference teams AND a 1 loss team from the perceived “best conference” beating the previously undefeated #1 in the championship game.

agree this exact set of circumstances has never happened but if someone else had a similar season to Bama (top 3 SOS, wom conference but a loss) I don't see them getting in over an undefeated P% winner.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn’t the committee worse decision because they had a legit reason

In 2014 they forced Ohio st in nt claimkng tcu didn’t win the big12….when the big 12 named them their champion (co-champion because they weren’t allowed an actual ccg)

But the committee has zero right to dictate the rules of the conference

At least the fsu one had some measure of logic and reason
OK I have a bias here but I think it was more than that. Probably did not want to reward TCU for a pretty bad OOC and, yes, OSU did have to play an extra game and smoked Wisky to win that title.

committee never said they didn't win the B12. Just said it was different and also likely pointed to that extra win and a tougher schedule for OSU if memory serves.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it doesn't matter if that set of circumstances hadn't happened before. There was established precedent that should/could have made it very easy. The fact that people have to keep dancing around that says all that needs to be said.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,830.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup it finally happened and the committee went rogue because it’s the last chance for this to happen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense was legit but neither of those QB's could throw a beach ball into the ocean. You aren't competing in the CFP without a QB, plain and simple. You could have Georgia's talent all around and it doesn't matter if your QB is ass.

It sucks what happened to Florida St but lets be for real. They barely beat a bad Florida team.
After watching the poor offensive display Mich v Alabama there’s no doubt in my mind that FSU could have competed with their defense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have something there if not for the fact I said OSU should not have gotten in and I did not think they would.

Only by your "logic" did I think they should be in.

Try again.

No, my logic applied to the current situation with a 1 loss to the #3 team vs an undefeated team with a much lesser schedule. 2021 was a mess with a lot of teams with multiple losses. An undefeated team vs a 2 loss team is an easier choice.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I have a bias here but I think it was more than that. Probably did not want to reward TCU for a pretty bad OOC and, yes, OSU did have to play an extra game and smoked Wisky to win that title.

committee never said they didn't win the B12. Just said it was different and also likely pointed to that extra win and a tougher schedule for OSU if memory serves.

Hmmm, a tougher schedule you say?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn't matter if that set of circumstances hadn't happened before. There was established precedent that should/could have made it very easy. The fact that people have to keep dancing around that says all that needs to be said.

If you put a committee in charge of the decision instead of laying out definitive rules, you live by their decision. To imply it wasn't just is pointless, especially given the circumstances. Alabama's loss (and one of their wins) were vs teams much tougher than anyone FSU faced. To ignore that is simply being obtuse.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, my logic applied to the current situation with a 1 loss to the #3 team vs an undefeated team with a much lesser schedule. 2021 was a mess with a lot of teams with multiple losses. An undefeated team vs a 2 loss team is an easier choice.
You claimed SOS was why Bama was picked. If you'd like to walk that back feel free.