• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It mattering or not is opinion, clearly. Those who make these decisions disagree, which is fact. Rankings have often been adjusted due to injured players and/or strength of schedule. How many undefeated teams have not finished #1 overall?

What team has ever been left out because of an injured player, especially when they were an unbeaten P5 conference champ?

tOSU wasn't when they had to use Cardale Jones who was 3rd string.

There were 3 unbeaten P5 champs. Were they supposed to have 3 teams ranked #1?

The committee changed the way things were done and ESPN started their "Alabama should be in over FSU because FSU's QB is injured" campaign before FSU's game was over.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team has ever been left out because of an injured player, especially when they were an unbeaten P5 conference champ?

tOSU wasn't when they had to use Cardale Jones who was 3rd string.

There were 3 unbeaten P5 champs. Were they supposed to have 3 teams ranked #1?

The committee changed the way things were done and ESPN started their "Alabama should be in over FSU because FSU's QB is injured" campaign before FSU's game was over.

You're focusing on too small of a window. I'm talking rankings overall and pre-playoff championships.

The QB is only a part of the decision, and that may be just the media trying to explain it. They should focus more on strength of schedule.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to appease any WR leads to failure. Feed whichever WR that's open within your window of time to read the defense.
This isn’t even your typical Diva WR Give Me the Ball stuff. This is his frustration boiling over with what appears to be just an unprofessional job of coaching adapting and game planning from the offensive staff. It’s amazing this offense has two 1,000 yard WRs and a 1,000 yard rusher with the utter incompetence being put on display by the staff. There are weeks where I think a teenager using a Madden chosen offense could call a better game to take advantage of the way the defense is playing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 SOS vs FSU's #50. Enough said.

That excuse wasn't used until there was huge backlash and that criteria has never been used to try to keep an unbeaten P5 champ out of the cfp. We know this because it was never done before.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're focusing on too small of a window. I'm talking rankings overall and pre-playoff championships.

The QB is only a part of the decision, and that may be just the media trying to explain it. They should focus more on strength of schedule.

In pre-playoff championships, FSU was an unbeaten P5 conference champion. They did exactly what has always been said needed to be done.

As for rankings, FSU was dropped out of the top 4 after winning their conference championship game.

The only time SOS should have been used was in determining the seeding. It wouldn't even have come in to play in deciding between Texas and Alabama because Texas won the head to head.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn’t even your typical Diva WR Give Me the Ball stuff. This is his frustration boiling over with what appears to be just an unprofessional job of coaching adapting and game planning from the offensive staff. It’s amazing this offense has two 1,000 yard WRs and a 1,000 yard rusher with the utter incompetence being put on display by the staff. There are weeks where I think a teenager using a Madden chosen offense could call a better game to take advantage of the way the defense is playing.

I was speaking in general terms. However, this the second stop for him where he has complained.

Players that come out and claim they aren't divas are often just that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated power 5 conference champion. Enough said.

If that was all it took, they would've been in the playoffs. Somehow, they weren't? How did that happen? Oh yes, it's a big conspiracy, not a weak schedule.

Liberty was undefeated and ranked too, along with a New Years bowl appearance. They didn't deserve either, as they had the 123rd strength of schedule.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was speaking in general terms. However, this the second stop for him where he has complained.

Players that come out and claim they aren't divas are often just that.

lol

Reminds me of the middle daughter...all through high school..."I hate drama".

Yet, there was always drama.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was all it took, they would've been in the playoffs. Somehow, they weren't? How did that happen? Oh yes, it's a big conspiracy, not a weak schedule.

Liberty was undefeated and ranked too, along with a New Years bowl appearance. They didn't deserve either, as they had the 123rd strength of schedule.
Correct. Alabama is a media darling and they’ve been propped up numerous times with this system. If you’re invoking Liberty who doesn’t play in a power conference as your example you’ve already lost the argument.

FSU got screwed for a team who looked like abject shit in their playoff game. FSU was shafted because their QB was unavailable. Alabama had everyone available at the QB position and their starter threw for about 115 yards, fewer yards than the 3rd string QB at FSU threw for in a bowl game.

Alabama got propped up because they’re Alabama and the powers that be and their consternation over the finance of having a playoff without representation from the Huckelfuck Conference.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In pre-playoff championships, FSU was an unbeaten P5 conference champion. They did exactly what has always been said needed to be done.

As for rankings, FSU was dropped out of the top 4 after winning their conference championship game.

The only time SOS should have been used was in determining the seeding. It wouldn't even have come in to play in deciding between Texas and Alabama because Texas won the head to head.

They were dropped out after Alabama beat the then #1 Georgia Bulldogs. If Alabama lost, there would've been no issues for FSU.

Texas/Bama head to head didn't come into play as they weren't the team to get bumped.

When you have tightly contested playoff spots, undefeated on a weaker schedule isn't always going to get it done.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Alabama is a media darling and they’ve been propped up numerous times with this system. If you’re invoking Liberty who doesn’t play in a power conference as your example you’ve already lost the argument.

FSU got screwed for a team who looked like abject shit in their playoff game. FSU was shafted because their QB was unavailable. Alabama had everyone available at the QB position and their starter threw for about 115 yards, fewer yards than the 3rd string QB at FSU threw for in a bowl game.

Alabama got propped up because they’re Alabama and the powers that be and their consternation over the finance of having a playoff without representation from the Huckelfuck Conference.

and out come the tin foil hats again

I invoked Liberty as a real example of an undefeated team that didn't deserve their New Years bowl game. It's unnecessary, just a side note. SOS explains all...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama was so unworthy that they played the #1 seed to OT. What a tragedy.

FSU would've been curb-stomped.