• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....I do a playoff pool every year where you just pick the winners of every game (as you think will happen before playoffs start). Guessing could just throw darts to make some picks.
That method is winning the NBA over under pool right now

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few weeks after they get eliminated the whole story will end up getting revealed. I think this is just scapegoating for failings up and down the organization. Brown didn’t create the root issues but it seems like he’s gasoline on a fire.

It is tough because he is probably their best player.

Hurts is good, but he isn’t the beat you from the pocket type of QB that can keep an elite WR consistently fed despite extra attention from defenses.

You talked about their play calling issues that have been lingering all season.

Crazy how far this team has fallen in the last month.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hurts is good, but he isn’t the beat you from the pocket type of QB that can keep an elite WR consistently fed despite extra attention from defenses.

AJ Brown is a very very good player. And the D is going to do what they can to take him out of the game. As you said Hurts isn't a sit in the pocket and chuck dimes 50 yards down the field into double coverage kind of guy. So half his picks are probably him trying to appease AJ

That said the play calling in the 4th against Arizona was embarrassing. I Get the holding call but have a pair and try to score a td there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He absolutely can if he’s coached the right way. He had the highest QB rating from the pocket last season and his numbers in the pocket this year have been efficient as well and that’s in a down year. The major issues here lies with a coaching staff that has been figured out and they have no adjustments and no innovation inside their system.

I have the coaches as issue 1 and the front office and the defensive personnel as issue 2 and then over time the players have languished because of the reality of the situation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. Based on how things have done in the past, the SEC didn't do what was necessary to get in. Prior to this season no unbeaten P5 conference champ had ever been left out of the cfp.

Outside of seeding, none of the rest of it has ever mattered unless deciding between 2 teams with a loss.

And that's not opinion, it's fact.

It mattering or not is opinion, clearly. Those who make these decisions disagree, which is fact. Rankings have often been adjusted due to injured players and/or strength of schedule. How many undefeated teams have not finished #1 overall?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wish the FSU qb hadn’t been hurt so we could see them scrambling to explain putting Bama in over Texas because that would have happened.

It's easy to explain. FSU beat two ranked teams (#13 LSU and #16 Louisville). Alabama beat 4 ranked teams (#11 Mississippi, #25 Tennessee, #13 LSU, #6 Georgia), lost 1 game to another (#3 Texas). Alabama beat the same team that was FSU's best win (by very similar scores) and their best win (and only loss) were against teams better than FSU played all year. Alabama had the #3 strength of schedule in the nation. FSU had the #50.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Brown is a very very good player. And the D is going to do what they can to take him out of the game. As you said Hurts isn't a sit in the pocket and chuck dimes 50 yards down the field into double coverage kind of guy. So half his picks are probably him trying to appease AJ

That said the play calling in the 4th against Arizona was embarrassing. I Get the holding call but have a pair and try to score a td there.

Trying to appease any WR leads to failure. Feed whichever WR that's open within your window of time to read the defense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whole game does count but most important is the W and to get one in Bmore is there a better one? Never mind a perfect half with a high ankle sprain and broken shoulder.

Seems to me that's a LOT more on the defense and running game than the 74.8 QB play.