• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do they freak out?
No, it’s school policy. We all have like a tapestry (for lack of a better word) that hangs in our classrooms with 36 numbered packets. Each kid is assigned a number. I tell the kids I don’t care if you’re in front of me or not, if your phone isn’t in the pocket then you’re getting marked absent.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe.

But I can tell you this.

Nobody outside Cleveland and Baltimore fans are looking forward to watching Browns/Ravens in the playoffs.

I think I would take just about any other matchup over that 1.

I feel this is your Beltway bias talking

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your opinion.

I disagree.

ACC is trash this year.

FSU played 2 ranked teams all year. Alabama played 5.

They beat the #1 team at the time, lost to #3 and the best win FSU had was against LSU who Bama also beat.

If we are looking at it like the NCAA tournament committee does with quad 1 wins and all that, Alabama has the better resume and it isn’t close.

Doesn't matter. Based on how things have done in the past, the SEC didn't do what was necessary to get in. Prior to this season no unbeaten P5 conference champ had ever been left out of the cfp.

Outside of seeding, none of the rest of it has ever mattered unless deciding between 2 teams with a loss.

And that's not opinion, it's fact.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,830.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. Based on how things have done in the past, the SEC didn't do what was necessary to get in. Prior to this season no unbeaten P5 conference champ had ever been left out of the cfp.

Outside of seeding, none of the rest of it has ever mattered unless deciding between 2 teams with a loss.

I honestly wish the FSU qb hadn’t been hurt so we could see them scrambling to explain putting Bama in over Texas because that would have happened.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a 74.8 rating in that Ravens game. The whole game counts, and Lamar has had multiple perfect ratings this year, so.....no.
whole game does count but most important is the W and to get one in Bmore is there a better one? Never mind a perfect half with a high ankle sprain and broken shoulder.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your opinion.

I disagree.

ACC is trash this year.

FSU played 2 ranked teams all year. Alabama played 5.

They beat the #1 team at the time, lost to #3 and the best win FSU had was against LSU who Bama also beat.

If we are looking at it like the NCAA tournament committee does with quad 1 wins and all that, Alabama has the better resume and it isn’t close.
That's fine but Bama has gotten in without a better resume than some teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a 74.8 rating in that Ravens game. The whole game counts, and Lamar has had multiple perfect ratings this year, so.....no.
Lamar going into San Fran and winning is also one of the premier wins of the season that is for sure...Purdy and the 49'ers just thrashing the Cowboys when everyone thought the cowboys were amazing early on....there are more too for sure.

but being down 24-9 in Baltimore--- an injured and beat up Watson is a perfect 14/14 in the 2nd half and leads a game winning drive to drop a home-loss on the Ravens? It doesn't get much bigger than that.

Ravens are definitely the favorites to win the Super Bowl- and I don't think many teams have a chance against them. The way the Chiefs have looked its doubtful- but I guess you always have to give Mahomes a chance. The Bills are hot right now. The 49'ers cant possibly play as bad as they did in the first matchup. With the Browns #1 defense, and Flacco I think you have to give them a chance.

The Eagles, Dolphins, Cowboys, have talent but I think would have to get a lot of breaks to pull off an upset.

It is the NFL so just about anything can happen week-to-week.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine but Bama has gotten in without a better resume than some teams.
Honestly- Buckeyes had a resume that could have rivaled Bama's in a lot of ways--- but I didn't think the Buckeyes deserved it then- and for sure dont now--- though the QB position was a mess for the bowl game and a ton of guys opted not to play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar going into San Fran and winning is also one of the premier wins of the season that is for sure...Purdy and the 49'ers just thrashing the Cowboys when everyone thought the cowboys were amazing early on....there are more too for sure.

but being down 24-9 in Baltimore--- an injured and beat up Watson is a perfect 14/14 in the 2nd half and leads a game winning drive to drop a home-loss on the Ravens? It doesn't get much bigger than that.

Ravens are definitely the favorites to win the Super Bowl- and I don't think many teams have a chance against them. The way the Chiefs have looked its doubtful- but I guess you always have to give Mahomes a chance. The Bills are hot right now. The 49'ers cant possibly play as bad as they did in the first matchup. With the Browns #1 defense, and Flacco I think you have to give them a chance.

The Eagles, Dolphins, Cowboys, have talent but I think would have to get a lot of breaks to pull off an upset.

It is the NFL so just about anything can happen week-to-week.
agree ravens are favorites but I'd take the Field over them. I've seen better teams than them IMO go down to lesser teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly- Buckeyes had a resume that could have rivaled Bama's in a lot of ways--- but I didn't think the Buckeyes deserved it then- and for sure dont now--- though the QB position was a mess for the bowl game and a ton of guys opted not to play.
for sure don't deserve it over them with Bama winning the SEC. But there have been 1-2 seasons a strong case could have been made for OSU to get in over Bama.

I never think the results AFTER CFP announcement can ever justify their decision one way or the other. I mean, clearly we were a top 4 team in 2015 and would have put up a better showing than MSU.....but MSU earned a chance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is fine. I can’t argue with that.

But you are stating it like it is fact that FSU deserved to get in more than Alabama did.

And I think a lot of people would disagree with that.

Again, this won’t matter moving forward. I am thankful they are finally getting it right.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel this is your Beltway bias talking

Perhaps.

I hate watching AFC north games and they get broadcast in my area all the time.

But, IMO if I had to rank the teams that I want to watch in the AFC playoffs, I think I would have Cleveland 6th in front of whoever wins the AFC South.

And even then, I might prefer watching Houston if it is them.

Maybe that is just me…

But I think the average fan wants explosive offense or at least the perception of explosive offense. And yes, I do realize Flacco has outplayed Mahomes the past few weeks. But still.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree ravens are favorites but I'd take the Field over them. I've seen better teams than them IMO go down to lesser teams.

I think this playoffs is more wide open than just about any season I can remember.

Outside of AFC South and NFC South champs making a run, I wouldn’t be shocked at any other team making the Super Bowl.

Of course most will bet on 9ers/Ravens rematch and I think that would create an epic matchup.

But there are a lot of teams that could get hot and make a run this year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this playoffs is more wide open than just about any season I can remember.

Outside of AFC South and NFC South champs making a run, I wouldn’t be shocked at any other team making the Super Bowl.

Of course most will bet on 9ers/Ravens rematch and I think that would create an epic matchup.

But there are a lot of teams that could get hot and make a run this year.
Yep....I do a playoff pool every year where you just pick the winners of every game (as you think will happen before playoffs start). Guessing could just throw darts to make some picks.