• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears comes down to if Poles wants him or the OC. Because both isn't a thing

Yea I'm stunned more mocks don't have the Jets going qb. They seem like a no brainer. But again it's the notion that rookies should immediately start and I just don't get it.

If I was the Bears I'd trade down keep Fields and add some picks and still go qb but it's risky because If I'm them I want Daniels so the transition is seamless.
as mentioned, IF they think Caleb is the guy many have said (especially going into season) then a no-brainer to take him (and deal Fields). If not? I can agree with your strategy as he has at least looked like he can be franchise level with guys around him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Cinci beat SF in SF and Browns beat SF at home without their starting QB and a QB who has since been released.
Why are we still doing this anyway? Yesterday, I took into consideration that Browns fans have absolutely nothing so I granted to you people a kernel of respectability in allowing you to continue to make the stupid claim that the AFC is better than the NFC this year. You have nothing else so I would be a heel if I didn’t let you have it. After all, we do live in the age of everyone gets a trophy. You should get something.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Cinci beat SF in SF and Browns beat SF at home without their starting QB and a QB who has since been released.

SF wasn't whole either. They lost both Deebo and Trent Williams in week 6 until week 10.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can definitely make a strong argument for SF and Philly being 1 and 2. Though he likes to talk about future games SF will win (even though they may not) and ignores games they lost....like to Cinci and the Browns. Also makes foolish comments about Miami losing to a lower level AFC team as making his case which it doesn't.

If we are ranking teams off of right now it's an even stronger case, I guess.....but it's hard to pick against KC in a big game (playoff) until someone beats them in one again. also happen to agree Buffalo would be as dangerous as anyone other than maybe those 3 teams in a playoff game.
Chiefs are 2-4 in their last 6 games. I guess none of those were big games. The Chiefs won’t be in Arrowhead this year either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tennessee Titans are a dog shit football team. That’s evident in their two 4th quarter turnovers last night inside their own 20. The Miami Dolphins should be embarrassed giving up that two TD lead in about 2:15 of game time. Embarrassed. Good luck putting lipstick on that pig! That loss last night was horrible from Miami’s perspective.
Cool.....but TN is an AFC team (that beat another AFC team).

It's also just an opinion Miami is the best AFC team if you were not aware.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as mentioned, IF they think Caleb is the guy many have said (especially going into season) then a no-brainer to take him (and deal Fields). If not? I can agree with your strategy as he has at least looked like he can be franchise level with guys around him.

It's all about re-setting the rookie QB contract IMO. Even if Fields is showing improvement, they have to make a 5th year option decision in March. Moving him and getting Caleb is likely both a talent upgrade (depending on your opinion) and allows them to dodge the huge pay increase Fields is expected to get (and may not be worth?).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are opinions. And they’re on the fucking money. Are you going to maintain that any of those comparisons I presented are wrong? The Niners are without a doubt better than the Ravens. The Cowboys are without a doubt better than the Dolphins. The Eagles are without a doubt better than the Chiefs. Any other conclusion is stupid.

This is consistent with what I said all day yesterday. You want to make your decision based on middling shit that is going nowhere. Ya got me. The middling shit in the AFC is greater than the middling shit in the NFC. At the end of the day guess what it though…

Middling shit.
all comments on this topic are not opinions. There have been many facts. what is odd is you think some of these opinions you make to support your agenda are gospel, but ignore the facts (including your most recent "without a doubt" opinions).

Like AFC is 38-30 against NFC as well as SF lost to Cinci and Cleveland (Cinci at home).

at the end of the day the AFC and NFC each consist of 16 teams and all matter in comparing which conference is the best.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we still doing this anyway? Yesterday, I took into consideration that Browns fans have absolutely nothing so I granted to you people a kernel of respectability in allowing you to continue to make the stupid claim that the AFC is better than the NFC this year. You have nothing else so I would be a heel if I didn’t let you have it. After all, we do live in the age of everyone gets a trophy. You should get something.
You are the only one who thinks the Browns are some huge deal in this discussion and keep moving the goal posts.

The AFC is better than the NFC. To any rational person (so not you) this is not really debatable. Hell, I never even tried to bring up the AFC North is also far better than every other division if I wanted to bring more Browns into this discussion...but I didn't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we are still doing this because you keep moving the goal posts and cannot just see what is so clear.....overall right now the AFC is better than the NFC. At least you have not hoped for a man's dick in your mouth today since you cannot prove otherwise. Yet.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hold that opinion. They haven't won a game vs a team with a winning record in over a year.
I slotted them as 2nd best right now because neither Jacksonville nor the Chiefs (the clear next in line) haven’t been all that impressive either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF wasn't whole either. They lost both Deebo and Trent Williams in week 6 until week 10.
SF had Williams for pretty much the entire game against the Browns (might have been the entire game).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are 2-4 in their last 6 games. I guess none of those were big games. The Chiefs won’t be in Arrowhead this year either.
compared to playoffs when the division is pretty much locked up? No, not that big.

Agree KC not being at home (or neutral) could play a huge role. But we don't know if they cannot win a playoff game away from there in a true road game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all comments on this topic are not opinions. There have been many facts. what is odd is you think some of these opinions you make to support your agenda are gospel, but ignore the facts (including your most recent "without a doubt" opinions).
I often see this with politics and some of the garbage GED toting MAGA tools. They always scream Facts Facts Facts. The problem is never the facts. It’s the conclusions drawn from the facts. You are citing a 38-30 head to head record with zero context. That’s a fact. The problem is the attempt to draw the conclusion that this means AFC > NFC. The fact and the conclusion don’t match up at all. It’s piss poor analysis that’s oversimplified and taken from the individual context of 68 football games.
Like AFC is 38-30 against NFC as well as SF lost to Cinci and Cleveland (Cinci at home).

at the end of the day the AFC and NFC each consist of 16 teams and all matter in comparing which conference is the best.
No, they really don’t. The top 7 in each conference is what matters because we are talking playoff football.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still could be. Dolphins are one game ahead and have the Ravens, Cowboys and Bills left, as well as that Jets defense. The Ravens are two games ahead and have the Niners, Jags, Dolphins, and Steelers (division rivalries are always tough). The Chiefs have the Pats, Raiders, Bengals, and Chargers, easily the smoothest remaining schedule of the three.

As much as I enjoyed the Chiefs related schadenfreude this weekend, two of their losses were by the tiniest of margins. They're still right there IMO.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the only one who thinks the Browns are some huge deal in this discussion and keep moving the goal posts.
No. It just really bothers you that the Browns are perpetually dog shit and I’m an asshole. I enjoy mocking that.
The AFC is better than the NFC. To any rational person (so not you) this is not really debatable. Hell, I never even tried to bring up the AFC North is also far better than every other division if I wanted to bring more Browns into this discussion...but I didn't.
The AFC is middling dog shit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about re-setting the rookie QB contract IMO. Even if Fields is showing improvement, they have to make a 5th year option decision in March. Moving him and getting Caleb is likely both a talent upgrade (depending on your opinion) and allows them to dodge the huge pay increase Fields is expected to get (and may not be worth?).
I have already said I agreed with your notion that rookie deal is a huge factor. But teams have been wrong on what is a huge talent upgrade before....and we don't even know if they consider it a huge upgrade or even one at all.

But even if not an upgrade or a strong maybe I'd take Williams because of the rookie deal.......unless they think Fields is about to become a superstar.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I slotted them as 2nd best right now because neither Jacksonville nor the Chiefs (the clear next in line) haven’t been all that impressive either.

Yeah, nobody is really playing consistently strong right now. Even the Ravens should've lost to the Rams this weekend.