• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the Pats it gets interesting. The Cards are stuck with Kyler most likely. The Panthers pick belongs to Chicago who may stick with Fields...Washington has Howell...do they take a qb?

The only team guaranteed to take a qb is NE. You're likely going to see a trade up from at least one team.

Chicago has to trade fields and restart their qb cap clock.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

I did not.

You are putting words in my mouth based off of your interpretation of what I actually said.

Winning a national title is extremely hard, no matter how flawed the system.
You said it wasn't a real title with only 4 teams. Those are the words that came from your mouth (or keyboard).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I’ve been a “let them play” guy especially when you’re talking about championships, fourth quarters, 3rd periods etc… let the players decide the outcome not officials.
If the players cheat they kind of do help decide the outcome.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, any given day in that super deep AFC. What a juggernaut!
You are now trying to be the opposite of SEC fan who thinks and SEC team beating another can show conference dominance....now you are trying to show an AFC team beating another shows weakness?

Ya gotta love this forum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I’m totally wrong. Will Levis is the 2nd coming of Montana. Titans special teams play was exceptional. Huge play though the Dolphins made making Levis throw that pitch to Henry too high. Huge play by them. I stand corrected. This was just big time impressive football.
If you think one AFC team beating another helps make your weak AFC case then, yes, you are totally wrong.

More comical you cling to that but ignore SF lost to the Browns and Cinci.....and as shane mentioned Detroit lost to the Bears.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins essentially did not beat a good team just like the Lions. Different style of teams but essentially the same. We will see in the playoffs
Really all that needs to be said is one team in a conference beating another has nothing to do with how good/bad an entire conference is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? NFC plays NFC AFC plays AFC. The Dolphins actually haven’t beaten anybody this year and now they have a home loss to a team that’s been getting the dog beat out of them. The Lions are the NFC’s 4th best team. Is Miami the 4th best team in the AFC?
do you really think you can see how good or bad a conference is compared to another with intraconference games.....yet you ignore overall record of one conference vs. the other?

Yes...ya gotta love this forum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The 2nd best team in the AFC > 4th best team in the NFC.

Niners > Ravens
Cowboys > Dolphins
Eagles> Chiefs
Lions > Jacksonville? Browns?
These are all just opinions as you ignore facts.....actual games played between the conference members or even certain teams when it does not support your agenda.

Cinci and the Browns beat SF, for instance.

Never mind there are 10-11 more teams in each conference.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see Niners Ravens head to head and Cowboys Dolphins head to head. The Eagles already beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead.
and Cinci beat SF in SF and Browns beat SF at home without their starting QB and a QB who has since been released.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you go to war with a mediocre WR corp and you count on a guy like MVS who has had the drops his whole career it’s not “weird” when dude drops a ball in a huge pressure spot. That’s who he is and that’s a product of the arrogance of just rolling guys out there in the NFL.
Pretty much worked last season to win a title.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid place holder. He’s an elite athlete right now but a marginal passer and QB. I hope they don’t hand him the job and it’s an open competition with Carr. I’m more excited about Carr than I have been about any HS QB since Jimmy Clausen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are now trying to be the opposite of SEC fan who thinks and SEC team beating another can show conference dominance....now you are trying to show an AFC team beating another shows weakness?

Ya gotta love this forum.
The Tennessee Titans are a dog shit football team. That’s evident in their two 4th quarter turnovers last night inside their own 20. The Miami Dolphins should be embarrassed giving up that two TD lead in about 2:15 of game time. Embarrassed. Good luck putting lipstick on that pig! That loss last night was horrible from Miami’s perspective.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day you gotta go win playoff games

until Dak can do that I'd take my chances with the Bills and Chiefs over them. I'd very much take buffalo over detroit.

Dt nailed it on the Browns. They can beat anyone or they can lose to anyone. Winning 3 straight road playoff games is highly unlikely. They needed the Rams on Sunday... who I think are actually the NFCs 5th best team at minimum.

I'm not going to be a prisoner of one recent game. I'd say it's San Fran and Philly as my top 2 and then Baltimore and KC. But yea KC is starting to show that Mahomes can't do it all with a shit receiving core. Buffalo will probably be 2 in the AfC by year end.

SF is really rather easily the most complete team.
One can definitely make a strong argument for SF and Philly being 1 and 2. Though he likes to talk about future games SF will win (even though they may not) and ignores games they lost....like to Cinci and the Browns. Also makes foolish comments about Miami losing to a lower level AFC team as making his case which it doesn't.

If we are ranking teams off of right now it's an even stronger case, I guess.....but it's hard to pick against KC in a big game (playoff) until someone beats them in one again. also happen to agree Buffalo would be as dangerous as anyone other than maybe those 3 teams in a playoff game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Bears should go QB. Any good publicity Fields earns the rest of the way improves his trade value. Otherwise, do they stick and take Harrison or trade down themselves (again)? Trading down two years in a row with a less than concrete QB situation in house seems like wasted opportunity. Cards could trade Kyler, but he's more proven than Fields for sure.

Pats need that QB. Skins could, but I would assume they go OT in that range. Vegas, Jets, Giants, Falcons, Saints, Seattle should all at least have some interest at QB. Seattle doesn't have a 2nd, so trading up that far gets tougher.

Funny how I thought the Pats shot themselves in the foot by winning Thursday, then the Bears won, and the Titans, and the Jets, and the Giants....only the Cardinals held true (by being on bye lol)
Obviously this depends on what they think of the QBs coming out and might not think Caleb as strong as has been advertised. If they do? Absolutely you take him and you just trade Fields, as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are all just opinions as you ignore facts....
They are opinions. And they’re on the fucking money. Are you going to maintain that any of those comparisons I presented are wrong? The Niners are without a doubt better than the Ravens. The Cowboys are without a doubt better than the Dolphins. The Eagles are without a doubt better than the Chiefs. Any other conclusion is stupid.
.actual games played between the conference members or even certain teams when it does not support your agenda.

Cinci and the Browns beat SF, for instance.

Never mind there are 10-11 more teams in each conference.
This is consistent with what I said all day yesterday. You want to make your decision based on middling shit that is going nowhere. Ya got me. The middling shit in the AFC is greater than the middling shit in the NFC. At the end of the day guess what it though…

Middling shit.