• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah ok. Please don’t tell us you are already setting up why the Browns aren’t going anywhere.

I mean...if they did it would be a fucking miracle. Joe Flacco, Chubb out, the top 3 on the tackle depth chart out...

would be a fun story.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had an argument at the beginning of the season before all of these injuries. Right now the Eagles are the third best team in the NFC and they clear everyone in the AFC. They’ve already beaten the Chiefs and the Dolphins. The Ravens don’t have the pass game to hurt the Eagles weaknesses. Your opinion here must be based on a glut of mediocre teams being better than some of the dookers in the NFC. One of those dookers just took Baltimore to OT yesterday. The AFC is in no way a stronger conference than the NFC. Additionally, tossing around the term “weaker conference” is just ass.
AFC is better than the NFC. Not really debatable.

Browns beat SF earlier in season if you'd like to go that route.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. You root for a small market team and you want the scales to be tipped in your favor. Nothing wrong with that. Just know that tipping scales is the opposite of “fairness”.
You don't get it but let me try and help you one more time (even though your comprehension level makes it hopeless).

I root for a medium market team who wants to spend like a small market team.

Your other comment makes little sense as the owner of the NBA team I cheer for would likely spend more if he was allowed but I'm fine with having a cap.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. You root for a small market team and you want the scales to be tipped in your favor. Nothing wrong with that. Just know that tipping scales is the opposite of “fairness”.

I don't care about a cap so much as eliminating the mega deals. They're completely ridiculous. 6 years max. But if anything I'd argue for a minimum spend. Welfare in sports is not sexy.

And Detroit not long ago was a top 10 spending team. So it's not like they're not capable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a Niners fan, but I don’t have to think that way because they have their people. If they didn’t I assure you I wouldn’t be taking about anything other than the realities of the situation. The Niners are a superior team to anyone at the moment. I give my Ravens a punchers chance.

Lets just settle this in the most simple way.

The AFC is 38-30 against the NFC.

Doesn't mean the best team can't come from the NFC but as a whole the AFC has defeated the NFC more in matchups

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a Niners fan, but I don’t have to think that way because they have their people. If they didn’t I assure you I wouldn’t be taking about anything other than the realities of the situation. The Niners are a superior team to anyone at the moment. I give my Ravens a punchers chance.
I am talking about reality and even without most of those players the Browns played SF and beat them.

I do think right now SF looks to be the favorite but I'd take at least 3-4 AFC teams +10 against them in the SB if you'd care to offer if it happens.

That only makes SF better than anyone else, though....if you want to try and make a case for NFC being better overall than AFC please feel free to try and not move the goal posts.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you can’t debate it.
Sure. You’ll like this one because you love to use injuries as an excuse. They were missing 3 starting OL and Deebo Samuel in that game and if not for a missed FG they beat the Browns anyway. Context.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can buy that to an extent but also seems this is not the case in the other 2 major sports and those sports do OK.

I mean, al[ of the established pro sports do okay. One just chooses not limit what players can make like the others.
In addition, this is a sport with guaranteed deals and many players end up sucking and getting far more than their worth.

And? Buyer beware. Whether it's because they got fooled by a strong playoff, a guy picking up his play in a contract year, the team isn't a destination city, etc. teams overpay for players all the time.

Heck, sometimes it can be the length of the contract and how it's set up. The Dodgers just handed Ohtani a 10 year deal and apparently a good chunk of it is deferred. Unless he's the MLB version of Lebron, I have a feeling that years 8, 9 and 10 are going to be some pretty heavy overpays.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, sure, most teams do just as well without their starting QBs.....to people who don't follow football.
Not sure if you’ve heard of such things in Cleveland but every year they play this game called the Super Bowl. The only time my team has won it they won with a back up QB. Football is a physical game and injuries are a part of the game.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now the top of the NFC is better than the top of the AFC. The middle of the AFC is better.

The NFC easily has the worst division in the south.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about a cap so much as eliminating the mega deals. They're completely ridiculous. 6 years max. But if anything I'd argue for a minimum spend. Welfare in sports is not sexy.

And Detroit not long ago was a top 10 spending team. So it's not like they're not capable.
Yes...as mentioned I have no issue with my team not signing guys to megadeals. Don't even care they wont spend like the NY or LA teams (or others like them). But in a contending window they cannot keep up with teams like Milwaukee, MN and Cinci? why even own a team?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get it but let me try and help you one more time (even though your comprehension level makes it hopeless).

I root for a medium market team who wants to spend like a small market team.

Your other comment makes little sense as the owner of the NBA team I cheer for would likely spend more if he was allowed but I'm fine with having a cap.
Yep. Can’t even own that the Guardians are a small market team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. Don’t fuck with markets. That’s what these guys can command and that’s what they should be paid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just settle this in the most simple way.

The AFC is 38-30 against the NFC.

Doesn't mean the best team can't come from the NFC but as a whole the AFC has defeated the NFC more in matchups
This is the worst attempt at analysis one can dig up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you’ve heard of such things in Cleveland but every year they play this game called the Super Bowl. The only time my team has won it they won with a back up QB. Football is a physical game and injuries are a part of the game.
Yep....and most years when teams lose their starter they are in a world of hurt. Far more often than winding up in the SB.

Of course injuries are part of the game.......doesn't mean when injuries take out a teams' stars (especially the QB) that team wont feel it in a big way.

If you think the reg season matters as you implied earlier, the Browns did beat SF.