• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It’s stupid for a man to play on the final year of his deal in a league where guaranteed contracts are a mortal sin.
Yes he should have held out instead of getting paid and leaving his teammates hanging when it mattered most.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is retired my guy.
He wasn’t between 20-22.
Fwiw I thought this was a list for 20-22 bc of the graphic I posted but either way Lamar is a borderline top 10. No way I am putting him at 6

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn’t between 20-22 but either way Lamar is a borderline top 10. Nobody is scared of him in the playoffs too
Fair. He’s gotta prove himself there. Maybe the Ravens will actually provide him with the semblance of a weapon to make it happen.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. He’s gotta prove himself there. Maybe the Ravens will actually provide him with the semblance of a weapon to make it happen.
He has had guys that can catch the damn ball when he gets it to them. And I repeat, free agents like guys that can throw the ball. It’s a tough situation for all honestly.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had guys that can catch the damn ball when he gets it to them. And I repeat, free agents like guys that can throw the ball. It’s a tough situation for all honestly.
Not really. His weapons outside of a TE have been subpar like bottom third of the league. The best WR he played with can’t catch (Holllywood Brown). We already had this discussion on FA. There hasn’t been a big name WR make it to FA in a bit. There haven’t been any since Lamar started playing in 2018-19 that I can remember as an impact guy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. His weapons outside of a TE have been subpar like bottom third of the league. The best WR he played with can’t catch (Holllywood Brown). We already had this discussion on FA. There hasn’t been a big name WR make it to FA in a bit. There haven’t been any since Lamar started playing in 2018-19 that I can remember as an impact guy.
Mahomes made it fine without a big name WR right? Andrews isn’t Kelce but about 30 teams would love to have him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes made it fine without a big name WR right? Andrews isn’t Kelce but about 30 teams would love to have him.
Why yes. After cutting his teeth with Travis Kelce and Tyreke Hill, this past season the best QB in the league made it go with a TK and a bunch of pedestrian options. Lamar Jackson isn’t the best QB of his generation. Guilty.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why yes. After cutting his teeth with Travis Kelce and Tyreke Hill, this past season the best QB in the league made it go with a TK and a bunch of pedestrian options. Lamar Jackson isn’t the best QB of his generation. Guilty.

2nd best oline in the league

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had some guys and one of the best TE’s. Doesn’t matter as much when you are an average passer at best. He had his best year with Brown and those deep balls. It’s the short, mid range throws where he struggles at times. Plus hard to pay a bigtime WR or trade for one with the money they invest in OL, defense and RB. They just paid a LB, a great one, 20+M/year. You aren’t going to get your best out of a top WR bc of his inefficiencies throwing the ball. So it really isn’t worth it to get a top WR and pay him a ton.

Brown was just fine but they did exactly what I said…they didn’t want to play top dollar. Brown has the same catch % as Amari Cooper and AJ Brown. Not comparing him just saying. He was just fine in Baltimore but while he was good he wasn’t as effective in that offense. You still need weapons but having a beast TE is most important and they have that.

It’s been years and many years in the playoffs. Lamar just isn’t that good of a passer and he never will be. It is what it is. Pay a guy $40M+/yr he better not just be a great runner and an average at best passer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any of you guys ever read Dune and/or watch the movie? the new movie- not that old one with Sting?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A, Boheim had no choice. Fire or retire.

He let us know the university shit on him. Period

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any of you guys ever read Dune and/or watch the movie? the new movie- not that old one with Sting?

The latest version was really slow, but great cinematically (and it's only part 1 I believe?)

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toeing that company line...
It’s a shame he can’t be a team guy like Mahomes. It will be what it will be, just don’t expect the Ravens to act like Cleveland.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a shame he can’t be a team guy like Mahomes. It will be what it will be, just don’t expect the Ravens to act like Cleveland.
I hate this shit. You’ve never spent a minute on the practice field, the QB room, etc…with this man or any of his teammates and you’re declaring him to be a bad teammate because he wouldn’t play on a compromised knee on the last year of his contract. You don’t know shit about this man as a teammate yet arrogance drives you to repeatedly say this shit. Awful take by you.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A, Boheim had no choice. Fire or retire.

He let us know the university shit on him. Period

Tough situation, as the university isn't going to admit that the move to the ACC has hurt the team and was all about the $$$. Syracuse has a much tougher schedule, more competition for recruits, a lot more travel, etc. Their coach in waiting decided not to wait any longer (Hopkins).

Boeheim hasn't gotten the wins lately, and I'm surprised he didn't retire after both his kids went pro. He was playing freshmen much more this year than ever and the team was better for it IMO. You just can't win without better recruiting. Tough to sell kids on playing in the ACC in snow belt Syracuse over any of the southern schools, especially Duke, NC, etc. Boeheim WAS Syracuse for 47 years, deserved to go out on his own terms.

I wonder what this does to their ability to keep Judah Mintz or the incoming recruits (especially Elijah Moore).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone act like Cleveland? Completely different situation. The Browns were backed into a corner. Desperate? Absolutely but here were the scenarios.

A. Keep Baker and pay him big money
B. Drop Baker or Baker gets upset he wasn't respected/valued and Watson does not sign with them. Go after a bridge QB and/or draft a QB. Rebuild likely starts, their young core gets a little older with no QB
C. Offer this contract to Watson to entice him which they chose to do

The Ravens are not in a scenario anything like that and no team with ever be in this scenario. That's why QB's cannot expect a full guaranteed contract. The guaranteed contracts were rising but at a slower rate regardless but now that process is expediated. Can't expect to jump from half to full though. This was a crazy scenario.
The Ravens are actual in a great spot especially if teams do not want to give up 2 1st's. Jackson has to accept that one year or lower his demands and w/o an agent he has no leverage at all. Even with an agent he has less leverage.