• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't much i find more annoying than a consistently successful team acting like no one thought they'd be good.

In a sea of opinions maybe a couple people didn't. Not worth talking about
I hear ya but if you remember correctly, there were all sorts of questions about what they’d be without Tyreke Hill and a ton of new young personnel on defense. The whole “wouldn’t make the playoffs” stuff was a hot take from people in media trying to get noticed. At the same time, more pundits were picking Buffalo and Cincinnati to get to the Super Bowl than KC. Additionally, athletes are always looking for some sort of motivational edge they can attach themselves to. We get a window into that world when they start signaling this disrespect stuff. The Eagles had 8 Pro Bowl invites and like 6 All Pros and they still talked that disrespect stuff.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya but if you remember correctly, there were all sorts of questions about what they’d be without Tyreke Hill and a ton of new young personnel on defense. The whole “wouldn’t make the playoffs” stuff was a hot take from people in media trying to get noticed. At the same time, more pundits were picking Buffalo and Cincinnati to get to the Super Bowl than KC. Additionally, athletes are always looking for some sort of motivational edge they can attach themselves to. We get a window into that world when they start signaling this disrespect stuff. The Eagles had 8 Pro Bowl invites and like 6 All Pros and they still talked that disrespect stuff.

Yep.

Is against the world is the ultimate team unifier.

Coaches at every level use it. The fact that the players buy in just shows that both staffs did a good job selling the message.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Is against the world is the ultimate team unifier.

Coaches at every level use it. The fact that the players buy in just shows that both staffs did a good job selling the message.
I feel like a dope actively hoping for KC over Bills and Bengals. Eagles caught the best coaching staff and the best QB in the end.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like a dope actively hoping for KC over Bills and Bengals. Eagles caught the best coaching staff and the best QB in the end.
I'll admit I kinda had it in for the Bills. That "team of destiny" shit bothered me...

I guess I get the " on paper" thing, but it bugged me anyways...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways the off-season should be interesting. I think bks might get that QB the Saints need...:D

Lol if they dont Carr then shit looking real bad for them. I heard Baker name mentioned as another option and i almost threw up

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I kinda had it in for the Bills. That "team of destiny" shit bothered me...

I guess I get the " on paper" thing, but it bugged me anyways...
I underestimated Andy Reid with two weeks to prepare. A big advantage the Chiefs possessed was between the two coaching staff. The Chiefs have arguably the best and most experienced staff in the league. That advantage leaks into all aspects of the game. It was especially seen in Andy Reid protection schemes. He ran a clinic on the right way to protect a QB. People don’t know how hard this is to do. You need to employ TEs and RBs with chips and the like. You need to employ 3 step, 5 step, 7 step drop. You need to get the QB on the edge and move the pocket. You have to employ play action. You have to be committed to run and the screen game. It’s not one of these. It’s all of these. That’s the plan but the plan comes alive with play calling and the way he sequences the play calls. Coaches call it moving the launch point. You’d think it would be easy but it’s not. Too many play callers fall in love with certain calls and it becomes predictable. If a defense knows where the QB will be, it’s much easier to get the pass rush home. Days later, I’m still incredibly impressed with Andy Reid. I’m torn because he was with the Eagles for 14 years. This Andy isn’t Eagles Andy. At the same time, I don’t know if he becomes this guy if he doesn’t get fired and is forced to evolve. And of course, coaches don’t make plays. The evaluation and trade up of Mahomes was paramount as well.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I underestimated Andy Reid with two weeks to prepare. A big advantage the Chiefs possessed was between the two coaching staff. The Chiefs have arguably the best and most experienced staff in the league. That advantage leaks into all aspects of the game. It was especially seen in Andy Reid protection schemes. He ran a clinic on the right way to protect a QB. People don’t know how hard this is to do. You need to employ TEs and RBs with chips and the like. You need to employ 3 step, 5 step, 7 step drop. You need to get the QB on the edge and move the pocket. You have to employ play action. You have to be committed to run and the screen game. It’s not one of these. It’s all of these. That’s the plan but the plan comes alive with play calling and the way he sequences the play calls. Coaches call it moving the launch point. You’d think it would be easy but it’s not. Too many play callers fall in love with certain calls and it becomes predictable. If a defense knows where the QB will be, it’s much easier to get the pass rush home. Days later, I’m still incredibly impressed with Andy Reid. I’m torn because he was with the Eagles for 14 years. This Andy isn’t Eagles Andy. At the same time, I don’t know if he becomes this guy if he doesn’t get fired and is forced to evolve. And of course, coaches don’t make plays. The evaluation and trade up of Mahomes was paramount as well.
^^^absolutely spot on^^^...

Maybe you ain't such a bad cat after all...:heh:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol if they dont Carr then shit looking real bad for them. I heard Baker name mentioned as another option and i almost threw up
Saints should kick the tires on a Fields trade using the pick they got in the Payton situation from Denver. Chicago likes Young or Stroud and is gonna trade him. Long term, he’s cheaper with a higher upside than Carr.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^absolutely spot on^^^...

Maybe you ain't such a bad cat after all...:heh:
I take football way too seriously. Don’t tell my wife but football is my first love in my life haha. So it set me off when I’m seeing praise for a defense that was really subpar.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints should kick the tires on a Fields trade using the pick they got in the Payton situation from Denver. Chicago likes Young or Stroud and is gonna trade him. Long term, he’s cheaper with a higher upside than Carr.

I agree. I prefer that over carr but if they are locked in on Carr then that should be option #2 over that trash baker Mayfield

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for us, Edge rushers, D-backs, and a true go to wideout is what I'm wanting on the Chiefs wish list...
I think I read somewhere the Chiefs have double digit picks.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol looks like some "experts are getting started early for next season. The Donkos are picked first in the AFC West, and the Cowboys in the NFC east. Trying to see who exactly made this prediction, but I saw it on my Facebook page...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I prefer that over carr but if they are locked in on Carr then that should be option #2 over that trash baker Mayfield
If it comes down to Baker Mayfield you just pass and you play some scrub selling out for a shot at Caleb Williams. Mayfield is the type of bad QB that you’ll never win anything with yet his growing experience and talent will allow him to still win 7-9 games screwing your shot at a top pick. Shit…I’m not so sure that the best move for the Saints isn’t a one year tank to fix their cap position and a shot at drafting Caleb Williams. I think that kid is gonna be a top 5-10 QB in the NFL. His ability to extend plays is incredible.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol looks like some "experts are getting started early for next season. The Donkos are picked first in the AFC West, and the Cowboys in the NFC east. Trying to see who exactly made this prediction, but I saw it on my Facebook page...
Eagles caught a ton of breaks last year catching the AFC and NFC South. Those are the two worst divisions in football. The two best QBs they saw prior to Mahomes in the Super Bowl was Cousins and Dak. Next year they have 10 games vs 2022 playoff teams. And finally, no team has won the NFC East 2 years in a row since Andy Reid in the early 2000s with the Eagles.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take football way too seriously. Don’t tell my wife but football is my first love in my life haha. So it set me off when I’m seeing praise for a defense that was really subpar.
Hell, it was better than it was the previous season. At least it was respectable. The season before it was damn near pathetic. Like keep saying the rookies and second year players we got did a great job imo. And a year's seasoning is only gonna make 'em better. Looking forward to it...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, it was better than it was the previous season. At least it was respectable. The season before it was damn near pathetic. Like keep saying the rookies and second year players we got did a great job imo. And a year's seasoning is only gonna make 'em better. Looking forward to it...
That’s fair when you put the 2022 defense in context with the 2021 defense. Improvement is absolutely observable in that case. What I’m saying is that Andy Reid and Mahomes and the offense were so extraordinary they were able to overcome a subpar defense.