• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good. Get him outta Chicago. They can start all over with another rookie QB.

Fields isn't da Bears main problem. It's lack of overall talent. Before last years draft I heard they were the only team in the league that didn't have a 1st rounder starting on the o-line JF's rookie season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn’t you? What other purpose would they serve on QB sneak? It’s always advantageous to be able to put more blockers at the point of attack. If the entire league tried to utilize it they wouldn’t approach the 90+% success rate the Eagles had. The push helps but I’ve seen all of them and in most cases Hurts has the first down or the TD before the pushing ever comes into play.

So, if the push isn't a factor, it can be made illegal again without issue, correct?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the push isn't a factor, it can be made illegal again without issue, correct?
That would likely continue to be the case. The Eagles will still be better than most with the QB sneak as long as Kelce and Hurts are the center/QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Get him outta Chicago. They can start all over with another rookie QB.

Fields isn't da Bears main problem. It's lack of overall talent. Before last years draft I heard they were the only team in the league that didn't have a 1st rounder starting on the o-line JF's rookie season.
Fields to who then? I imagine it would be someone out of range of the first 2-3 qb prospects, maybe in the Vegas/Atlanta/Carolina range of the draft?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see them get a definition of what a catch is than worry about this.

Much of football is based out of rugby.

It shouldn't be either/or. It's not like it takes months of research to say "no more pushing", lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes in fact it is. They’re the team that employs it most and utilizes that play on 3rd and 4th and short. You can likely find examples of teams using it. You won’t find that team employing it some 40-45 times in the season or teams that actually have run wrinkles off of the formation.

Every team piles behind the runner at the end of plays. It doesn't have to be a called play to be an issue.

More and more are using it on short yardage and goal line plays though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields to who then? I imagine it would be someone out of range of the first 2-3 qb prospects, maybe in the Vegas/Atlanta/Carolina range of the draft?

Not really sure. Haven't read any mock drafts yet. But changing QB's without some kinda big upgrade on the offensive side of the ball will just result in another Bears rookie QB with bad numbers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure. Haven't read any mock drafts yet. But changing QB's without some kinda big upgrade on the offensive side of the ball will just result in another Bears rookie QB with bad numbers.
I like Fields going into year three better than the rest of the QBs after Young and Stroud

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions might fit that bill too. I know Goff had a decent year but I doubt they think he is the guy long term.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions might fit that bill too. I know Goff had a decent year but I doubt they think he is the guy long term.
Goff is a head-scratcher and a tough evaluation. I was ready to write him off and now he may be the 2nd best QB in the NFC.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is a head-scratcher and a tough evaluation. I was ready to write him off and now he may be the 2nd best QB in the NFC.
Ehh, look at his road numbers. They are in a tough spot with his contract.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, look at his road numbers. They are in a tough spot with his contract.
It's actually not that bad. He is 30 mil vs the cap this year and next. That's not a bad price for effective QB play these days. Hurts Lamar and Burrow are about to join the 50 mil a year club with Mahomes and Watson. If I'm Detroit, I take advantage of the depth at QB in this draft and go with a developmental guy who can sit for at least one year maybe two.

Or...

I think the prize here is Caleb Williams in next year's draft. It might make sense for a team to just cut their current QB and tank for Caleb Willaims. Not sure that team is the Lions because they really are riding the momentum of a great finish last year.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually not that bad. He is 30 mil vs the cap this year and next. That's not a bad price for effective QB play these days. Hurts Lamar and Burrow are about to join the 50 mil a year club with Mahomes and Watson. If I'm Detroit, I take advantage of the depth at QB in this draft and go with a developmental guy who can sit for at least one year maybe two.

Or...

I think the prize here is Caleb Williams in next year's draft. It might make sense for a team to just cut their current QB and tank for Caleb Willaims. Not sure that team is the Lions because they really are riding the momentum of a great finish last year.
Yeah I meant when Goffs contract is up. I think the Lions are out of the tanking stage, they will be in the playoffs next year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I meant when Goffs contract is up. I think the Lions are out of the tanking stage, they will be in the playoffs next year.
Their 2022 reminds me of the Eagles 2021. Team that figured it out and got hot late.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Fields going into year three better than the rest of the QBs after Young and Stroud

I don't know, maybe I've missed some of the pre-draft stuff but is Bryce Young being called a sure-shot franchise QB?

Because if he's not it doesn't make alotta sense for the Bears to start all over at QB. Sure JF's made some bad mistakes. But he also plays for a bad team that has few weapons on either side of the ball.

Wouldn't it make more sense to trade down, get some extra picks, and get JF some help on the offensive side of the ball or improve the D?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, maybe I've missed some of the pre-draft stuff but is Bryce Young being called a sure-shot franchise QB?

Because if he's not it doesn't make alotta sense for the Bears to start all over at QB. Sure JF's made some bad mistakes. But he also plays for a bad team that has few weapons on either side of the ball.

Wouldn't it make more sense to trade down, get some extra picks, and get JF some help on the offensive side of the ball or improve the D?
I mean, they’re the Bears. They wouldn’t be the Bears if they made good decisions. I am just evaluating the prospects in this draft vs my opinion of Fields. I think Young and Stroud could have higher upsides. I could also see some others being better than Fields but more risky of an investment.

Another layer of Fields decision: maybe the Bears stylistically don’t want to go with a QB that depends on his legs as a part of his package at QB and what he brings. Fields isn’t the kind of QB that you can drop back with again and again. He needs to be utilized like Hurts and Lamar. I wouldn’t fault an organization for trying that brand of football and saying they don’t think it’s the best way to go. Could be some of that as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would mean moving on from Goff immediately though. I don't think you can put Fields as backup at this point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bears would conceivably have the #1 overall for their QB choice, plus the #1 from the trading team (and multiple other picks) for offensive line help. The Bears also have nearly $100M in cap space currently.