• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s fair when you put the 2022 defense in context with the 2021 defense. Improvement is absolutely observable in that case. What I’m saying is that Andy Reid and Mahomes and the offense were so extraordinary they were able to overcome a subpar defense.
I'd have to look at the numbers again but I think the Chiefs D ended up somewhere in the middle of the pack this season essentially. Helped that the run defense improved a bunch. The back side of it obviously needs to get better...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Black Adam Schefter". Nevermind. Lol knew it had to be some hack...:pound:

He also picked the Jets first in the AFC east next season...

And get this, he had the Panthers taking the NFC south...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to look at the numbers again but I think the Chiefs D ended up somewhere in the middle of the pack this season essentially. Helped that the run defense improved a bunch. The back side of it obviously needs to get better...
And to be fair, that defense acquitted themselves well in the playoffs up until the Super Bowl. The defense rose up and won the Jags game from my perspective. The pass rush was the most instrumental thing in shutting down Burrow. The Chiefs D ran into a buzz saw in Jalen Hurts (his ascendency is why I consider this Eagles season a great success; not the ultimate success though cause of the loss Sunday). With the way he played on Sunday a lot of great defenses would have gotten worked.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Black Adam Schefter". Nevermind. Lol knew it had to be some hack...:pound:

He also picked the Jets first in the AFC east next season...

And get this, he had the Panthers taking the NFC south...
Well, somebody has to win the South haha.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya but if you remember correctly, there were all sorts of questions about what they’d be without Tyreke Hill and a ton of new young personnel on defense. The whole “wouldn’t make the playoffs” stuff was a hot take from people in media trying to get noticed. At the same time, more pundits were picking Buffalo and Cincinnati to get to the Super Bowl than KC. Additionally, athletes are always looking for some sort of motivational edge they can attach themselves to. We get a window into that world when they start signaling this disrespect stuff. The Eagles had 8 Pro Bowl invites and like 6 All Pros and they still talked that disrespect stuff.

It's reasonable to wonder if missing Tyreke would affect them. The "no one believed in us" is pure bullshit.

It's Kirby Smart and Dabo type shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's reasonable to wonder if missing Tyreke would affect them. The "no one believed in us" is pure bullshit.

It's Kirby Smart and Dabo type shit.
It works. You’re citing two guys who have built exceptional programs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol looks like some "experts are getting started early for next season. The Donkos are picked first in the AFC West, and the Cowboys in the NFC east. Trying to see who exactly made this prediction, but I saw it on my Facebook page...

To be fair, it's not exactly a hawt take. The Broncos have a lot of what they need to win the division. If Payton can get Russell Wilson going, they have a good shot.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One random sports reporter does a hot take on the Broncos to get clicks = no one believes in the Chiefs. Literally nobody lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some discussion on the Carr situation yesterday. Something I didn’t know is that he and his family are deeply religious. It was said they were really not happy living in Vegas. The conversation was that because of this Carolina is where he wants to go.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some discussion on the Carr situation yesterday. Something I didn’t know is that he and his family are deeply religious. It was said they were really not happy living in Vegas. The conversation was that because of this Carolina is where he wants to go.
Without seeing what the rest of the division does, I would have Panthers as the favorite to win that division if they land Carr.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it's not exactly a hawt take. The Broncos have a lot of what they need to win the division. If Payton can get Russell Wilson going, they have a good shot.

It is a hot take picking a team who won like 4 games to beat the Chiefs.

Until proven otherwise, we have to assume Wilson doesn’t have it anymore.

He hasn’t since early 2021.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, there some QB's who can be decent going towards their 40's. So far it ain't looking like Danger-Russ is one of 'em ...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it isn't. In 2021 he was on a team that needed a rebuild and had a terrible o-line and last year he had a coach in over his head.

He may well, be "washed", we'll see that this year with Payton coaching. With what they have around him and Payton coaching, it's not a hot take to say they could win the division if he's not.

Outside of maybe the Raiders, it's not a hot take to say any of the 4 teams could win it and if the Raiders were to land Rogers or another good QB, they'd be included too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't. In 2021 he was on a team that needed a rebuild and had a terrible o-line and last year he had a coach in over his head.

He may well, be "washed", we'll see that this year with Payton coaching. With what they have around him and Payton coaching, it's not a hot take to say they could win the division if he's not.

Outside of maybe the Raiders, it's not a hot take to say any of the 4 teams could win it and if the Raiders were to land Rogers or another good QB, they'd be included too.
This was the year to get the Chiefs. They were in a defensive rebuild and dealing with constructing an offense that couldn’t lean on Tyreke Hill’s ability anymore. I would say it is a hot take because it leans heavily on Payton having some kind of magic to not only get Wilson back on track but to make him into a top 5 QB again. That’s what it’s going to take to win 12-13 games to win that division over the Chiefs. Shit, 12-13 wins may still not be enough.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the year to get the Chiefs. They were in a defensive rebuild and dealing with constructing an offense that couldn’t lean on Tyreke Hill’s ability anymore. I would say it is a hot take because it leans heavily on Payton having some kind of magic to not only get Wilson back on track but to make him into a top 5 QB again. That’s what it’s going to take to win 12-13 games to win that division over the Chiefs. Shit, 12-13 wins may still not be enough.

Oh, no doubt the Chiefs are the favorite to win the division. Assuming Payton does what many seem to think he will and if the Raiders get a good QB, there's likely at least 1 and maybe 2 teams that won't make the playoffs even though they'll be better than several who do.

While I agree the Chiefs are the favorite, I'm not going to rule any team out except the Raiders and that could change depending on who they replace Carr with.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no doubt the Chiefs are the favorite to win the division. Assuming Payton does what many seem to think he will and if the Raiders get a good QB, there's likely at least 1 and maybe 2 teams that won't make the playoffs even though they'll be better than several who do.

While I agree the Chiefs are the favorite, I'm not going to rule any team out except the Raiders and that could change depending on who they replace Carr with.
We aren’t too far off in our opinions. I’m just saying the Chiefs should be the pick until they fail. Any other prediction to me is hot take territory.