• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear about this yet? :pound:

Najee Harris says espn NFL draft analyist can 'kiss my ass' over evaluation

Here's what Todd McShay said.

Harris has excellent size and decent top-end speed. He was a much more decisive runner as a senior, showing oily hips for a big back and playing light on his feet. He gets in and out of breaks quickly, has excellent ball security and he's a slippery runner between the tackels but has acceleration limitations. Harris showed tremendous improvement as a pass catcher in 2020 with a big catch radius and an ability to adjust to balls thrown outside his frame. He also shows good aggressiveness in pass pro.

Don't really see anything in his evaluation that's insulting. Apparently what upset Harris was McShay's comment about his pass catching. So Harris has shown great improvement with a better catch radius and that's a problem? Seems like he's upset over nothing.

Well, to be fair, there are a lot of big words in that evaluation and Harris played in the SEC.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, there are a lot of big words in that evaluation and Harris played in the SEC.

I think Harris was looking for a reason to be pissed. It's not like McShay insulted him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harris was looking for a reason to be pissed. It's not like McShay insulted him.

The closest thing to a criticism was when he said he "has acceleration limitations".

Harris is 6'2" 230...of course he has some acceleration limitations. His size (specifically his height) is going to see to that. Especially compared to a smaller RB. Eric Dickerson (6'3" 220) had acceleration issues when compared to say...Emmit Smith who was 5'9" or Barry Sanders who was 5'8".

Apparently he had an issue with Mel Kiper as well.

After calling him "my top ranked running back" and saying "He can be a 3 down back in the NFL", the closest Kiper came to criticizing him was expressing concern about him having had 718 touches at Alabama including 460 carries over the past 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The closest thing to a criticism was when he said he "has acceleration limitations".

Harris is 6'2" 230...of course he has some acceleration limitations. His size (specifically his height) is going to see to that. Especially compared to a smaller RB. Eric Dickerson (6'3" 220) had acceleration issues when compared to say...Emmit Smith who was 5'9" or Barry Sanders who was 5'8".

After calling him "my top ranked running back" and saying "He can be a 3 down back in the NFL", the closest Kiper came to criticizing him was expressing concern about him having had 718 touches at Alabama including 460 carries over the past 2 seasons.

I have an issue with Kiper's hair. WTF is that? I'll say this about Harris though. He must be a little thinned skin if he gots the issues over an evaluation.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an issue with Kiper's hair. WTF is that?

Pretty sure that's a helmet.

I'll say this about Harris though. He must be a little thinned skin if he gots the issues over an evaluation.

Dan Patrick has a thing where, when he has an NFL player on, he'll dig up old draft analysis comments that were negative and have them read them on air. It's pretty entertaining. But some of the stuff that was said about some of the best in the game, was far worse than anything either said about Harris.

I guess SEC players are just soft. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that's a helmet.

Dan Patrick has a thing where, when he has an NFL player on, he'll dig up old draft analysis comments that were negative and have them read them on air. It's pretty entertaining. But some of the stuff that was said about some of the best in the game, was far worse than anything either said about Harris.

I guess SEC players are just soft. lol

If Harris can't take comments about him by a draft analyst and ends up in a big media market the press will tear him apart after a bad game. He has one of two options. 1.) get some thicker skin so things like that don't bother him 2.) put a dress on and tell the press it's that time of the month and refuse to answer questions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harris can't take comments about him by a draft analyst and ends up in a big media market the press will tear him apart after a bad game. He has one of two options. 1.) get some thicker skin so things like that don't bother him 2.) put a dress on and tell the press it's that time of the month and refuse to answer questions.

lol Pretty much.

I don't know if you've ever heard when they do that on Dan Patrick, it's pretty entertaining to see some of their reactions. They all have fun with it to an extent. But some of the more competitive guys actually keep theirs.

Juju Smith-Schuster was one of the funnier ones. Several of the the criticisms were basically guys using different phrases to basically call him slow. He's cracking up reading them "He called me slow"...."Hey, he called me slow too".

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Pretty much.

I don't know if you've ever heard when they do that on Dan Patrick, it's pretty entertaining to see some of their reactions. They all have fun with it to an extent. But some of the more competitive guys actually keep theirs.

Juju Smith-Schuster was one of the funnier ones. Several of the the criticisms were basically guys using different phrases to basically call him slow. He's cracking up reading them "He called me slow"...."Hey, he called me slow too".

Don't catch Dan Patrick very often. But that segment sounds hilarious.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, who decided the draft gets done outta the mistake by the lake lol...

I was recently told that Cleveland still smells funny. Thought for years it was due to Lake Erie. Turns out it's wiggy's fault. Apparently being full of shit all the time leaves a smell.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, who decided the draft gets done outta the mistake by the lake lol...
all seriousness the guy in charge of events coming to Cleveland a friend from college and former neighbor. Always been a go-getter and he'll do a great job with it.

Kind of feel bad for him it happened during Covid and wish it could get put off 2-3 years (or to next available date).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it's more about where he's being projected. RBs are deemed so replaceable these days; back in the 90s he and Etienne would probably be top 15 draft picks at worst.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it is 100%. What are you talking about?

All I am saying is if he is your franchise QB, the sooner you sign him, the better deal you get.

You only get a better deal if the QB and his agent are willing to give that discount, which would imply they don't believe in his game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all seriousness the guy in charge of events coming to Cleveland a friend from college and former neighbor. Always been a go-getter and he'll do a great job with it.

Kind of feel bad for him it happened during Covid and wish it could get put off 2-3 years (or to next available date).

It's best for everyone that a Cleveland-hosted draft is done remotely.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's more about where he's being projected. RBs are deemed so replaceable these days; back in the 90s he and Etienne would probably be top 15 draft picks at worst.

Maybe. But if that's the case, maybe he should tell every offensive coordinator in the NFL to kiss his ass. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only get a better deal if the QB and his agent are willing to give that discount, which would imply they don't believe in his game.
Kind of agree, but not the last part. Also could imply they don't want to risk injury and/or the kid just wants to be here and doesn't need the last dollar.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my first vaccine shot this morning. :yes: