• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that comment again genius.

Take LeBron away and the East is exactly the same as it was in the early 2000s. A bunch of mediocre teams.

Nothing wrong with my reading, it's your statement that's laughable.

Even WITH lebron the East is a joke. That conference doesn't become magically better than another era because of just one guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even WITH lebron the East is a joke. That conference doesn't become magically better than another era because of just one guy.

Yes it does.

The East champ has a legit chance to win the Finals every year because of LeBron. In the early 2000s they had no shot.

So yes. The entire conference is better because 1 player elevates 1 team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does.

The East champ has a legit chance to win the Finals every year because of LeBron. In the early 2000s they had no shot.

Wait, you said early 90s a few posts ago, now it's the early 2000s? What is it?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does.

And apart from Jordan's 'retirement years', the East won the Championship every year from 1989 to 1999

So no, this current East is not much better than the 90s East.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apart from Jordan's 'retirement years', the East won the Championship every year from 1989 to 1999

So no, this current East is not much better than the 90s East.

It was a typo.

I quoted a post talking about the Nets in the early 2000s. That era was way worse than this.

Clearly the East was not weak in the early 90s, but it wasn't as great as some on here make it seem.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is last time Lebron even had to be clutch in a big moment? Kyrie last year, ray Allen saved him. All the while he formed super team in first place to blow out other teams and play around with beers and joke around in 4th quarter. In Miami his first ring I remember him sitting on bench majority of 4th while mike Miller rained 3s.

You guys acting like he taking clutch shots at end of every other game. He likes defering to other players guarantees. He gives up ball to kyrie again in finals vs taking shot himself
We have a winner. LBJ best play is a block. Lol. 0 game winners in the finals or ECF. Under 1 min in games Irving takes over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$500 on GS for Series. Also put $200 series end in 6 games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a typo.

I quoted a post talking about the Nets in the early 2000s. That era was way worse than this.

Clearly the East was not weak in the early 90s, but it wasn't as great as some on here make it seem.

So that's your mistake then. Why get so defensive about it?

And yes, the East won the title 8 out of 10 times. The last time the league was dominated in that sort of way was in the 60's. So how was it not as great as some make it seem?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Us and Cleveland worked our butts off all year to put ourselves in position to be playing for a championship, and the league is as strong talentwise across the board as it's ever been," Curry said. "And every night you get challenged. ... Every night was hard. Every night was challenging, and you can't just sleepwalk through a season, sleepwalk through the playoffs and expect to be here. You've got to do something. You got to come out every night and prove yourself."

ROLFLMAO!!!!!!!! Who really believes all these yellow belly pussy team stackers? Come on guys.. No one believes you

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It far from the weakest era. They have bench players that could start in the 50's 60's. Times have changed some much and there is so much athleticism in this league. This is the most talented generation we have ever seen. The best? Nah, I dont think so, 70's, 80's 90's were all great but we havent seen this much depth, pure athleticism and also guys that can shoot the ball. It is getting impossible to defend. Times havd changed buddy, you have to realize that

I agree that it's not necessarily the weakest era, but it's among them. Weakest era isn't based on level of talent or athleticism, it's based on the overall competitiveness within the league. In other words, the number of teams that actually have a realistic shot at making the finals.

For the past 3 seasons, at least one of the teams that made the finals was considered a lock. The first season, the Cavs were considered a lock to come out of the East, GSW seemed to be a year or so early, so they were a mild surprise.

The past 2 seasons, there has been little to no doubt that the finalists would be the Cavs and Warriors. In the 80's, there was a lot of Lakers and Celtics finals, but there really wasn't a year where one or both were considered locks.

You really have to go back to the 50's and 60's to find an era where you had 1 or 2 teams who were so much better than everyone else that they were considered locks to make the finals for consecutive seasons.

As for it getting impossible to defend...that's as much about the rules being changed to create an advantage for the offense as it is about the players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you're trying to say, but I couldn't disagree more. Lebron being in Miami and Cleveland meant/means those teams had/have a legit shot at the title. But it doesn't mean any other teams in the conference also have a legit shot at a title if Lebron were to be lost to an injury and his team didn't make it.

Lebron being in Miami and Cleveland meant those teams got better, it did nothing for the rest of the conference. In fact, if what you said in your previous post is true (which I think it is), Lebron has actually made the East worse than it otherwise might be, because teams aren't trying to improve, they're just waiting for Lebron to get old or retire.

You can't have a conference where teams aren't actively trying to improve and say that the conference is somehow better.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take LeBron away and the East is exactly the same as it was in the early 2000s. A bunch of mediocre teams.

+ A few teams with inflated records because of no LeBron. It would be a bunch of Celtics' duplicates. Though the competition in the East would be a lot better and enjoyable.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Us and Cleveland worked our butts off all year to put ourselves in position to be playing for a championship, and the league is as strong talentwise across the board as it's ever been," Curry said. "And every night you get challenged. ... Every night was hard. Every night was challenging, and you can't just sleepwalk through a season, sleepwalk through the playoffs and expect to be here. You've got to do something. You got to come out every night and prove yourself."

ROLFLMAO!!!!!!!! Who really believes all these yellow belly pussy team stackers? Come on guys.. No one believes you

He's partially right.
Cavs proved you could sleepwalk through the regular season.
Warriors did view it differently because seeding in the West potentially mattered, plus the valued home court in Finals vs Cavs.

While James might not have cared about regular season record, he still worked hard to maintain his health and fitness.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors did view it differently because seeding in the West potentially mattered, plus the valued home court in Finals vs Cavs.

Plus, the Cavs had no legit threat in the East. They could have finished with the 8th seed and still made the finals as long as they got to the playoffs healthy.

The Warriors had a legit threat with the Spurs, so the #1 seed was a little more important to them. Facing a healthy Spurs team would have already been a challenge. Facing them without HCA would be even tougher.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is last time Lebron even had to be clutch in a big moment? Kyrie last year, ray Allen saved him. All the while he formed super team in first place to blow out other teams and play around with beers and joke around in 4th quarter. In Miami his first ring I remember him sitting on bench majority of 4th while mike Miller rained 3s.

You guys acting like he taking clutch shots at end of every other game. He likes defering to other players guarantees. He gives up ball to kyrie again in finals vs taking shot himself

Ranking NBA's clutch players: LeBron, Durant among current top 10

The thing is I actually have proof you just say shit bc you dont like the guy. Facts are facts. Is way more clutch than Kobe too. :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron is that great. He has made 7 straight Finals for a reason, you do realize NOBODY else has ever done this in history.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're trying to say, but I couldn't disagree more. Lebron being in Miami and Cleveland meant/means those teams had/have a legit shot at the title. But it doesn't mean any other teams in the conference also have a legit shot at a title if Lebron were to be lost to an injury and his team didn't make it.

Lebron being in Miami and Cleveland meant those teams got better, it did nothing for the rest of the conference. In fact, if what you said in your previous post is true (which I think it is), Lebron has actually made the East worse than it otherwise might be, because teams aren't trying to improve, they're just waiting for Lebron to get old or retire.

You can't have a conference where teams aren't actively trying to improve and say that the conference is somehow better.

When compared to the early 2000s? THe current Celtics and Raptors would have been right there with the Nets and Sixers. The East was extremely weak back then.

Having one great team is better than having 0.

I think the argument here is semantical. But in 2001 and 2002, the West Finals was the NBA Finals. It was widely known that the East champ had no chance. If you take LeBron away, the current generation of East would be about the same. But, LeBron is there and healthy. So, I am not sure how anyone can say the East isn't better now.