• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Phil Jackson as coach helps.

Oh so now it's the coaching that is the difference. :lol:

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a weak era of basketball. KD summed it up. NBA is weak right now. Been like this for 5-6 years now. East has been bad for 7-8 years now. NBA is watered down and 2 teams have super teams. Hopefully we at least have a good finals
Am I the only one who remembers the Kidd, Richard Jefferson, Kenyon Martin Nets team that went to the Finals two years straight?

Those fuckers got their doors blown off and swept by the Lakers in 2002.

Came back the next year and went down to the Spurs in 6 in 2003.

The East has been weak a lot longer than that.

So, this is nothing new...imo

In fact, I think it's better because the Lakers only competition was in the Western Conference.

At least we get a good Finals matchup....in theory.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who remembers the Kidd, Richard Jefferson, Kenyon Martin Nets team that went to the Finals two years straight?

In fact, I think it's better because the Lakers only competition was in the Western Conference.

the Sixers? the Nets twice? an 8th seeded Knicks team? i mean, cmon now. That Detroit team started playing well and had a good run but they were by no means like an amazing historical team.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if Jason Kidd could hit a wide open 15 foot jumpshot they'd be comparing him to Magic. It's absurd. He's a hall of fame talent and he couldn't shoot to save his ass.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U forget LBJ has played in the weakest era, especially the east. Its actually sad LBJ hasnt won 3 in a row or have more championships then loses. LBJ is great but he just isnt at that level yet. Think about it LBJ hasnt had that big moment. He usually depends on others. He is thebest one his team but when it comes down crunch time its others that come up with the big shot . Again LBJ is great and last years championship was great one of the best. Give him props. But game on the line in the last min LBJ might not even be in the top 10 in that area.

It far from the weakest era. They have bench players that could start in the 50's 60's. Times have changed some much and there is so much athleticism in this league. This is the most talented generation we have ever seen. The best? Nah, I dont think so, 70's, 80's 90's were all great but we havent seen this much depth, pure athleticism and also guys that can shoot the ball. It is getting impossible to defend. Times havd changed buddy, you have to realize that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U forget LBJ has played in the weakest era, especially the east. Its actually sad LBJ hasnt won 3 in a row or have more championships then loses. LBJ is great but he just isnt at that level yet. Think about it LBJ hasnt had that big moment. He usually depends on others. He is thebest one his team but when it comes down crunch time its others that come up with the big shot . Again LBJ is great and last years championship was great one of the best. Give him props. But game on the line in the last min LBJ might not even be in the top 10 in that area.

He is actually the clutchest player of his generation and guess what Kobe is like 10th on that list. Reading is easy, you just gotta learn how to read lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It far from the weakest era. They have bench players that could start in the 50's 60's. Times have changed some much and there is so much athleticism in this league. This is the most talented generation we have ever seen. The best? Nah, I dont think so, 70's, 80's 90's were all great but we havent seen this much depth, pure athleticism and also guys that can shoot the ball. It is getting impossible to defend. Times havd changed buddy, you have to realize that

Yep. As the money keeps getting exponentially bigger, the best of the best athletes in the world train all year with modern methods to perform. It's nothing like the early days, same as football.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is actually the clutchest player of his generation and guess what Kobe is like 10th on that list. Reading is easy, you just gotta learn how to read lol

When is last time Lebron even had to be clutch in a big moment? Kyrie last year, ray Allen saved him. All the while he formed super team in first place to blow out other teams and play around with beers and joke around in 4th quarter. In Miami his first ring I remember him sitting on bench majority of 4th while mike Miller rained 3s.

You guys acting like he taking clutch shots at end of every other game. He likes defering to other players guarantees. He gives up ball to kyrie again in finals vs taking shot himself

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The East is a Lot better now then it was in the early 90s, but really only because it had LeBron.

I think that is the point some are trying to make, but they are misguided. It isn't LeBron's fault that no other team is willing or able to assemble a roster to challenge his Cavs. That isn't a reason to knock him.

A major reason Ainge didn't make a big move was because he didn't think adding George or Butler would give them enough to beat the Cavs and Warriors. I happen to agree. Again, this isn't LeBron's fault.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull-fucking-shit

Read that comment again genius.

Take LeBron away and the East is exactly the same as it was in the early 2000s. A bunch of mediocre teams.