• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has never been a season in NBA history where 2 teams were so clearly head and shoulders above everyone else. That isn't a knock on the rest of the league either. It is more a testament to how good these teams are.

If LeBron beats GS, he legitimately belongs in the GOAT conversation. If GS wins, they belong in the GOAT conversation for single season teams. Either way, we are witnessing history. Cavs/Warriors is turning into the best rivalry the league has seen, perhaps since Celtics/Lakers in the 80s or Pistons/Bulls.
Its been a weak era of basketball. KD summed it up. NBA is weak right now. Been like this for 5-6 years now. East has been bad for 7-8 years now. NBA is watered down and 2 teams have super teams. Hopefully we at least have a good finals

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is right around a top 10 player of all time- he is amazing- one of the best players ever.

but its clear LeBron has surpassed him.

if you were picking one guy to start a team with I do not understand how you possibly could take Kobe.

LeBron has never suffered a 1st round exit. MJ has gotten bounced in the first round 3 times.

when Jordan was 22- he was swept in the first round

when LeBron was 22 he took a very mediocre cast of teammates to the Finals.

and now- LeBron is the all time leading scorer in playoff history....pretty unreal- and hes only 32 years old.

Wrong thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is right around a top 10 player of all time- he is amazing- one of the best players ever.

if you were picking one guy to start a team with I do not understand how you possibly could take Kobe.

LeBron has never suffered a 1st round exit. MJ has gotten bounced in the first round 3 times.

and now- LeBron is the all time leading scorer in playoff history....pretty unreal- and hes only 32 years old.
U forget LBJ has played in the weakest era, especially the east. Its actually sad LBJ hasnt won 3 in a row or have more championships then loses. LBJ is great but he just isnt at that level yet. Think about it LBJ hasnt had that big moment. He usually depends on others. He is thebest one his team but when it comes down crunch time its others that come up with the big shot . Again LBJ is great and last years championship was great one of the best. Give him props. But game on the line in the last min LBJ might not even be in the top 10 in that area.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a weak era of basketball. KD summed it up. NBA is weak right now. Been like this for 5-6 years now. East has been bad for 7-8 years now. NBA is watered down and 2 teams have super teams. Hopefully we at least have a good finals

That isn't what KD said at all.

Just because two teams are much better than the others does not make the era weak. What matters is how those teams (and others) stack up to other eras.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U forget LBJ has played in the weakest era, especially the east. Its actually sad LBJ hasnt won 3 in a row or have more championships then loses. LBJ is great but he just isnt at that level yet. Think about it LBJ hasnt had that big moment. He usually depends on others. He is thebest one his team but when it comes down crunch time its others that come up with the big shot . Again LBJ is great and last years championship was great one of the best. Give him props. But game on the line in the last min LBJ might not even be in the top 10 in that area.
sad?

cmon now-

LBJ isnt playing the Suns or Blazers or the corpse of the Showtime Lakers or the Sonics when he is getting to the Finals or other weak ass- show up 1 time teams.

As great as MJ was- he never had a real rival- LBJ has had 1 in both the Spurs and GSW- both teams better than any teams MJ faced in the Finals.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right - thought i was on a dif. one - my bad

I created a thread called The LeBron thread just for you and all the others who like to post about him 24/7

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively. Great defender and rebounder but you do realize most centers were like 6'7" back in the day. Wilt is better than Russell, that isnt a debate. It isnt close. It's dumb I am even replying to this shit. :L
Looking back at some of the stats today when the two opposed each other, Chamberlain did perform much better individually than I thought he did. My memory of those games doesn't jibe with that but perhaps I was swayed by the fact that Boston almost always won those series'. Looks like it was me who was more the ignorant one on the subject than you. But I'd still take Russell over Chamberlain because, as good as Chamberlain was, he did not make those around him better like Russell did and I would put him up against any Center in today's game; any one of them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23 rebounds a game in the 60s does not come anywhere close to translating to today's game.

For 1 thing, he was taller than almost everybody. He would be the height of the average SF today. For another, the game was played at a faster pace and team shooting percentages were awful compared to today. There were about twice as many rebounds available to get. 23 rebounds then probably compares to about 13 or 14 today, and that doesn't even begin to account for Russell's size advantage that he wouldn't have today.

There are very few players from that era good enough to even be in the league today.
If today's players had to play by the rules, they wouldn't be close to what they are now either. The game as played today does not even resemble the game as it was supposed to be played. Its still just as interesting, its just not basketball.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat: in head-to-head, Wilt vs. Russell ... Wilt averaged 28.7 ppg and 28.7 rebounds / game.
Yeah, it looks like it was me who was the one who didn't remember it as well as Shane did (see post 312). I still say though that Chamberlain did not make those around him better like Russell did. The 76er offense looked like the Rockets offense of today with 4 guys standing around watching one guy going one on one.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad?

cmon now-

LBJ isnt playing the Suns or Blazers or the corpse of the Showtime Lakers or the Sonics when he is getting to the Finals or other weak ass- show up 1 time teams.

As great as MJ was- he never had a real rival- LBJ has had 1 in both the Spurs and GSW- both teams better than any teams MJ faced in the Finals.
U forgot a lot of good teams. Knicks, miami, houston, det, pacers goes on and on. Dont forget all the HOF and top 50 players he had to beat. Just saying

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah never lost in finals. If he didnt retire would of won 8 in a row. Damn in a way it was 6 in a row

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But looks like he is 50.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just cant have Kobe ahead of Lebron if he wasnt even Batman for all his rings, makes no sense.

I was agreeing with you until I read this.^^^

Just because Kobe wasn't "Batman" for all of his rings, doesn't mean the team would have won without him. The fact is, without Kobe, the Lakers don't win those first 3 titles, just as they wouldn't have won them without Shaq.

That makes Kobe just as important to those titles as Shaq was.

It's pretty hilarious to say that Lebron's title losses shouldn't count against him and then turn around and say that Kobe winning titles playing alongside Shaq counts against him when he was every bit as important to those teams as Shaq was.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
justapicture-of-a-guy-home-of-the-caa-cavaler-onbamemes-21735471.png

James Jones...You da real MVP!!