• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Raptors!!!! on taking down the the warriorettes.......... Nice not having the Cavs relevant in the East, huh? :D

And Warriors.......... looks like you got yourself a nice dose of Cavs karma circa 2015. For what its worth, if you guys would've been full strength I think you would've won this series. Much like the outcome of '15 would've been different....

Sucks, don't it?
Agreed. The Warriors were the beneficiaries of injuries in two of their three title runs and got fucked by injuries on two occasions. Its the way it goes. Injuries seem to always be the one wild card you cannot control.
Tough way for the dynasty to end but end it did last night. They won't even make the playoffs next year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But, IMO KD's injury makes a Warrior return more likely.

Now he has 2 realistic pathways of ending back with the Warriors with the player option. He is also more likely to resign long term because the injury will Defintely take some teams out of the running.

Bob Myers is a hypocrite and a liar if the Warriors are 1 of those teams unwilling to pay KD. Which is possible, but far from given since Myers is a stand up guy by all accounts I have heard.

I doubt Myers was planning on losing two key players to major injuries. As I said before I doubt insurance covers luxury tax payments. Does Lakob punt like 150 million for KD and Klay to sit?

That is a lot to ask any owner.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be done soon. A little pissed off right now. You would be too.
You could feel very early in the year that this was not going to be their year. No one expected something like this with the unprecedented rash of injuries that were was just too much to overcome, but it was going to be something.
I thought it would be the arrogance, clown-ness of players like Green or lackadaisical effort that would do them in but the result this year does not surprise me. Still, I hate to see the dynasty end like this. They went down fighting though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The Warriors were the beneficiaries of injuries in two of their three title runs and got fucked by injuries on two occasions. Its the way it goes. Injuries seem to always be the one wild card you cannot control.
Tough way for the dynasty to end but end it did last night. They won't even make the playoffs next year.
i know they got screwed on this occasion with injuries, what was the other one?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Klay tearing his ACL is just doesn't seem sensible to go for the 350 mil payroll

They would be paying 4.50 to a 1 for Klay and KD to not play most of the year
with both of those guys being hurt, i think there is a chance the Warriors take a step back next year and save some cash.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Raptors!!!! on taking down the the warriorettes.......... Nice not having the Cavs relevant in the East, huh? :D

And Warriors.......... looks like you got yourself a nice dose of Cavs karma circa 2015. For what its worth, if you guys would've been full strength I think you would've won this series. Much like the outcome of '15 would've been different....

Sucks, don't it?
amen

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But, IMO KD's injury makes a Warrior return more likely.

Now he has 2 realistic pathways of ending back with the Warriors with the player option. He is also more likely to resign long term because the injury will Defintely take some teams out of the running.

Bob Myers is a hypocrite and a liar if the Warriors are 1 of those teams unwilling to pay KD. Which is possible, but far from given since Myers is a stand up guy by all accounts I have heard.
wtf? lol

you actually think durant may pick up his player option? are you drunk?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also....

what a payoff for Ujiri. some people thought it was a huge risk to make the Kawhi trade with him facing free agency, but even if the guy leaves and never plays another game for the Raptors the trade was a 100% success. Dude deserves exec. of the year WITHOUT A DOUBT.

I see the Wiz are gonna go after him hard. I dont know why he would want to go to the worst franchise in the NBA- but maybe they will open up the check book in a huge way for him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know they got screwed on this occasion with injuries, what was the other one?
The year the Cavs won. Curry, Iguodala and Bogut were all hurting.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with both of those guys being hurt, i think there is a chance the Warriors take a step back next year and save some cash.
They will offer the max to both
Only Klay is for sure taking it from them
Obviously they will take a big step back next year. Rebuild/reload year

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf? lol

you actually think durant may pick up his player option? are you drunk?
I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption at all.

Teams who want to sign a KD want to either pair him up with another max player to win now or want him to be the final piece to the puzzle (kind of like he was in GS) to win now.

Sitting out for a year+ means the only thing he'll be doing now is creating new burner accounts so who's signing him?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itll be interesting to see who the big men are for the Warriors next year. Looney and Cousins are both likely gone, as is Durant.

the Raptors had a huge advantage in the front court in this series. The only mechanism the Warriors will have to find a big man is the mini-mid level and veteran mins.

Without Durant they will have to try and add some talent to the front court because right now all they have is damian jones as far as I can tell.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it's a business. I'm not giving Klay that money. They'd be dumb to as well.

But you're likely right, they will give Klay a contract out of some misguided loyalty and blow what's still a good chance to keep the run going.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption at all.

Teams who want to sign a KD want to either pair him up with another max player to win now or want him to be the final piece to the puzzle (kind of like he was in GS) to win now.

Sitting out for a year+ means the only thing he'll be doing now is creating new burner accounts so who's signing him?
durant is going to get max offers from AT LEAST 3-4 teams. And thats the teams that think they have a prayer of him accepting. I am sure other teams like the Bulls--- shit even the Pelicans could make max cap space--- would also offer it to him if they thought they had a prayer.

If he wants a max contract he will get a max contract. I think its a safe assumption

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the Cavs will have a better record? They can always trade Livingston and Iggy for KAT