• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
durant is going to get max offers from AT LEAST 3-4 teams. And thats the teams that think they have a prayer of him accepting. I am sure other teams like the Bulls--- shit even the Pelicans could make max cap space--- would also offer it to him if they thought they had a prayer.

If he wants a max contract he will get a max contract. I think its a safe assumption
I just don't see this happening at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it's a business. I'm not giving Klay that money. They'd be dumb to as well.

But you're likely right, they will give Klay a contract out of some misguided loyalty and blow what's still a good chance to keep the run going.
with the torn ACL it becomes dicier but they will offer it to him. I think other teams will probably offer it as well

but we shall get a good look at his value over the coming years. Durant will be gone. Iguadala is cooked and cant cover as much defensively

its easy to put a lot of effort on defense like Klay does when you have Curry and Durant on offense and you can just coast and enjoy the best spacing in the league on offense.

With Durant likely gone, and Iguadala seriously regressing, Kaly will have to play a bigger role then he ever has before. Itll be interesting to see how he responds.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see this happening at all.
honestly, there is a avenue to durant and kyrie signing with brookly and then the nets making an offer of like Russell, Allen, Lavert, + picks to get to Brooklyn.

Same with the Lakers though too--- they could sign Kyrie and trade for Davis.

Durant is gonna get a max. the Bricks will 100% offer himone. The Nets are likely to as well. Clippers might/might not but id lean towards yes. Warriors will offer him the max as well (but that means dray is gone next year if he does sign, which i think is about a 15% chance KD stays in GSW).

Id say its: Nets 30%
Knicks 30%
Clippers 25%
GSW 15%

i think its likely he gets max offers from all of those teams. I mean, he will likely be ready for the playoffs next year- and while he wont be 100%, the team that signs him will have him for at least 3 years after that. Its well worth it-- especially for a non-super max that the non-Warriors are limited in offering.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the torn ACL it becomes dicier but they will offer it to him. I think other teams will probably offer it as well

but we shall get a good look at his value over the coming years. Durant will be gone. Iguadala is cooked and cant cover as much defensively

its easy to put a lot of effort on defense like Klay does when you have Curry and Durant on offense and you can just coast and enjoy the best spacing in the league on offense.

With Durant likely gone, and Iguadala seriously regressing, Kaly will have to play a bigger role then he ever has before. Itll be interesting to see how he responds.

Klay is the perfect player for the Lakers with AD and Lebron. If the Warriors don't lock him up, they will chase him regardless of his ACL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is the perfect player for the Lakers with AD and Lebron. If the Warriors don't lock him up, they will chase him regardless of his ACL.
I agree.

Klay's best spot is a place where he can benefit from the spacing other's provide and where he is able to save his energy for the defensive side of the ball instead of having to carry a team on the offensive side- which his game is really not designed to do.

That would be a great spot for him if it happened.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will offer the max to both
Only Klay is for sure taking it from them
Obviously they will take a big step back next year. Rebuild/reload year

How are they going to rebuild/reload when they will still be over $120M in salary? They will have very little space to work with to stay under then luxury tax. Shuffle the league min types around maybe?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Toronto Raptors!

They were simply the best team on the floor in this series.

Proved me wrong yet again.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itll be interesting to see who the big men are for the Warriors next year. Looney and Cousins are both likely gone, as is Durant.

the Raptors had a huge advantage in the front court in this series. The only mechanism the Warriors will have to find a big man is the mini-mid level and veteran mins.

Without Durant they will have to try and add some talent to the front court because right now all they have is damian jones as far as I can tell.
I hope they find a way to re-up Looney

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the W's choose to just sign one max player (Klay, KD) and they were to choose KD...you better believe Klay is going to the Lakers, like other have said he is another perfect fit. He would be lethal beside Lebron and possibly AD.

That being said, I give a 90% the Warriors offer Klay a max and he signs.
KD is going to be a little more dicey. I think he could go to a couple teams: Nets, Knicks, back to the Warriors, possibly the Clips.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it's a business. I'm not giving Klay that money. They'd be dumb to as well.

But you're likely right, they will give Klay a contract out of some misguided loyalty and blow what's still a good chance to keep the run going.
If they don't do right by these guys and offer both their maxes, no FA will ever sign there again.
They should and will do so. This is actually good business, they are great players and both will be back for the playoffs next year. Will they win a title next year, no. But they will have a group to work with to compete for a couple years after.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the W's choose to just sign one max player (Klay, KD) and they were to choose KD...you better believe Klay is going to the Lakers, like other have said he is another perfect fit. He would be lethal beside Lebron and possibly AD.

That being said, I give a 90% the Warriors offer Klay a max and he signs.
KD is going to be a little more dicey. I think he could go to a couple teams: Nets, Knicks, back to the Warriors, possibly the Clips.
All correct except it's 100% not 90%

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't do right by these guys and offer both their maxes, no FA will ever sign there again.
They should and will do so. This is actually good business, they are great players and both will be back for the playoffs next year. Will they win a title next year, no. But they will have a group to work with to compete for a couple years after.
They play in a premium market and will still have a core built around Steph. Also, brand new arena. Free agents will go there.

Wasting a year of that when you don't have to is just crazy to me. I really think KD opts in and that means if you're keeping Klay you're blowing a year of Steph & Draymond on at least one guy who can't help you.

Like I said, it's bad business. They may do it but it doesn't change that face.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

But the Raptors are actually good at defense, so there is that.
I don't hate him like the person to which you replied....but he's now 0-8 on 3s in final 20 seconds to tie or take the lead.