• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Klay's best spot is a place where he can benefit from the spacing other's provide and where he is able to save his energy for the defensive side of the ball instead of having to carry a team on the offensive side- which his game is really not designed to do.

That would be a great spot for him if it happened.
agree...and I'm sure they could compete without him. Especially with GS depleted.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors, Clippers, Knicks will all offer the full Max, no insurance.
Then they're all nuts.

The only way it makes any sense is if the Knicks are planning on tanking again this season and sign KD while hoping in 2020-21 they have a big 4 of 2 high end draft picks, KD and AD.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I catch up to all I missed, congrats to the raptor fans. Sure, the injuries played a big part but nothing can take the title away.

And, yeah, a little bitter it wasn't the Cavs getting payback for 2015

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play in a premium market and will still have a core built around Steph. Also, brand new arena. Free agents will go there.

Wasting a year of that when you don't have to is just crazy to me. I really think KD opts in and that means if you're keeping Klay you're blowing a year of Steph & Draymond on at least one guy who can't help you.

Like I said, it's bad business. They may do it but it doesn't change that face.
I couldn't disagree more. Who knew Canadians were so heartless LOL

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't disagree more. Who knew Canadians were so heartless LOL
We traded away our “heart and soul” for a guy who is almost certainly gonna take off. We were rewarded with a ship.

Business is business. Any exec’s first priority is keeping his team as competitive as possible. He who makes exceptions to that rule is he who will be unemployed quicker than he expected.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate him like the person to which you replied....but he's now 0-8 on 3s in final 20 seconds to tie or take the lead.

Yeah. That is a bad stat.

I can admit that.

Also seen him make quite a few huge daggers with between 20 seconds and a minute. Would love to see the overall stats on final minute 3s in a 1 possession game.

Guessing it is still low, but looks a lot better than 0-8.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded away our “heart and soul” for a guy who is almost certainly gonna take off. We were rewarded with a ship.

Business is business. Any exec’s first priority is keeping his team as competitive as possible. He who makes exceptions to that rule is he who will be unemployed quicker than he expected.
It would be bad business not to offer both a max. And the Ws aren't the only team that will do so. Both will be back around March as well, and if they accept they will be your core for years with Curry.

But has any team had two injuries like that to best players back to back games?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does seem like a choker.

Yep, but if they were up 10 he would have hit that shot and done his shimmy dance and tlance would be blowing him left and right lol. He is a front runner, sad!

He also turns the ball over a lot...But when you only have 3 all stars instead of 5, its tougher to win and play careless lol

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's hope he doesn't jet and this felling that we have right now is the start of something special.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope he doesn't jet and this felling that we have right now is the start of something special.
I'd like him to stay but he can leave if he likes. His life.

We got a banner out of his year here and I wouldn't begrudge him anything. Masai or whoever's running this team in the near future has a pretty damn good base to build from - value in guys like Lowry and Ibaka on the trade market, a nice young star in Siakam and good bench pieces in VV and OG. If they have to do a rebuild they can do so while staying somewhat competitive in the next few years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That is a bad stat.

I can admit that.

Also seen him make quite a few huge daggers with between 20 seconds and a minute. Would love to see the overall stats on final minute 3s in a 1 possession game.

Guessing it is still low, but looks a lot better than 0-8.
Pretty sure the stat was only 3s so maybe he's made some or gotten fouled going to the hoop?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be bad business not to offer both a max. And the Ws aren't the only team that will do so. Both will be back around March as well, and if they accept they will be your core for years with Curry.

But has any team had two injuries like that to best players back to back games?
yeah that's harsh. Out for the next season AND as FAs?

wonder if it gets upcoming FAs to go the route of CFB players and skip playoffs when they know they have zero shot to win it all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the stat was only 3s so maybe he's made some or gotten fouled going to the hoop?

Maybe.

Know he hit a couple daggers against Houston also, but those were to take like a 2 point lead to 5 and ice it.

Can't recall any late game lead changers off the top of my head.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that's harsh. Out for the next season AND as FAs?

wonder if it gets upcoming FAs to go the route of CFB players and skip playoffs when they know they have zero shot to win it all.
Only out until March, why does everyone keep saying that? Read my link on KD from 538, and ACLs are 9 months or so too.

No way players will bitch out like that. And if they tried their employer could void their contract

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to hear about Klay's injury, even if I don't like his team and was happy they lost it's unfortunate to see star players(or any players) suffer a torn ACL.

Yeah, that's too bad.

Sucks all around, because fans were cheated out of what might have been a better series...And for Toronto fans, they will forever be reminded "If only KD and Klay hadn't gone down..."

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's too bad.

Sucks all around, because fans were cheated out of what might have been a better series...And for Toronto fans, they will forever be reminded "If only KD and Klay hadn't gone down..."
I wish every playoffs the Ws were in everyone was fully healthy even if it cost them rings. But that's sports

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only out until March, why does everyone keep saying that? Read my link on KD from 538, and ACLs are 9 months or so too.

No way players will bitch out like that. And if they tried their employer could void their contract

The Achilles reasonably could keep KD out. 9 months is the absolute best case, but 12 months plus is also a realistic timetable.

Klay will be back before the playoffs start. Anyone doubting that does not know what Klay is all about. ACL timetables are also a lot more predictable.