• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we get into heated arguments, at least you can own up some things. I salute you on that.
Wish you'd follow my lead.

You said you'd take Casey and this group over Nurse and last year's. doesn't mean Casey is better (and I never said he was), but sure shows the 2 seasons are not apples/apples.

Also said 100% chance Lebron and the Cavs would lose to Toronto. Lebron? Zero chance? That's kooky talk, my friend.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said exactly that. Said Love (and Kyrie, as well, I believe) did not listen to Blatt.

Please show me where I said Love and Kyrie didn't listen?

I said the "team didn't listen".

Which is true.

Because when Blatt called a play and LeBron overruled it, the team ran LeBron's play. Not Blatt's.

Hence, not listening to the coach.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck are you talking about? The Raptors are loaded with playoff experience. Their goal is to get to the Finals healthy, which they did. @trojanfan12 was pointing out teams like the Bucks who need the help that they can get given that a majority of their team had very little experience; which is why they went balls to the wall for the number 1 seed. Toronto is pretty experienced and didn't need HCA in the playoffs. They were focused on staying healthy, hence why Toronto kept Kawhi out for roughly a quarter of the season.

It's clear you're faltering in this argument. Best to just sit this one out.
THIS Raptors team had not won a single playoff game together....and much of the team had limited success in their playoff runs. You think they took it for granted? Really?

Couldn't be they kept Kawhi out because he suffered a major injury, right?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they had never even played a playoff game together let alone won one.

Kawhi and Green had. With experienced players like the Raptors have, health is more important than seeding even if they haven't played together in the playoffs. Veteran players are expected to be able to figure that stuff out fairly quickly.

With inexperienced players like the Bucks have, seeding is important.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes a HUGE difference when your best player on your team is not a mental midget and when that player is hands down WAY MORE talented.

Who? Lowry. Bench players? There isn't much. Ibaka, Gasol and Green all have been deep into the playoffs. Green and Ibaka have been to the Finals, Green has won many Finals. Kawhi is obviously the biggest difference when you have a true leader and winner that enjoys playing defense it makes your role players that much more valuable and it gives them confidence. Just like when Lebron had an impact on his teammates. That was the best we have ever seen Kyrie play...I would like to think Lebron had some to do with that just from a confidence standpoint if nothing else.

Not to mention, the head coach that could never win the big games isn't there anymore. That is a big change in itself, whether it helps them or not.
Ibaka is one of the many who was a mental midget in the past, as well.

Are you not aware Nurse played a huge role in past failures?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Raptors were supposed to win at least 30 or so more games because they had Kawhi for 60+ more games than the previous season? Do you even understand how you're conveying your arguments?
win 30 or so more? I think you are the one struggling here.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that "best player" was available for zero games the year they won more games. weird
Last year's team had their best player almost all year (DeRozan). This year's team was missing their best for 22 games. And they only lost one more game. Sorry dude, the team the Raptors brought to the playoffs this year is better than last year's team and it's not even a debate

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's also minus 80 games from Derozan, who was an all star last year who averaged 23, 5 and 4 who was their best player last year. That's a 20 game game difference in the best player on the team playing for the Raptors. You don't think that could have possibly made a 1 game difference (which was the difference in record from this season to last)?
A fair point, but give me 60 of Kawhi plus however many Green and then Gasol played over 80 from Derozan and however many JV played while still there.

Kawhi 60 + Green 80 + Gasol 26 > Derozan 80 + JV 30

Agree with my math?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fair point, but give me 60 of Kawhi plus however many Green and then Gasol played over 80 from Derozan and however many JV played while still there.

Kawhi 60 + Green 80 + Gasol 26 > Derozan 80 + JV 30

Agree with my math?

To also be fair 15 of Kawhi's missed 22 games came without Gasol. So the team at one point played 15 games without Kawhi and Gasol. Those games it would have been a huge success if they even went .500.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me where I said Love and Kyrie didn't listen?

I said the "team didn't listen".

Which is true.

Because when Blatt called a play and LeBron overruled it, the team ran LeBron's play. Not Blatt's.

Hence, not listening to the coach.
That would mean Lebron didn't listen. Likely many would want to tell Lebron to STFU but only a little time to get back on the court and a scene like that might not be the best option.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi and Green had. With experienced players like the Raptors have, health is more important than seeding even if they haven't played together in the playoffs. Veteran players are expected to be able to figure that stuff out fairly quickly.

With inexperienced players like the Bucks have, seeding is important.
yet they went all out end of year for the higher seed. Weird, huh?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's team had their best player almost all year (DeRozan). This year's team was missing their best for 22 games. And they only lost one more game. Sorry dude, the team the Raptors brought to the playoffs this year is better than last year's team and it's not even a debate
No shit....which is why it's beyond foolish to try and compare the jobs of Casey and Nurse.

Never mind Nurse had a hand in recent choke jobs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To also be fair 15 of Kawhi's missed 22 games came without Gasol. So the team at one point played 15 games without Kawhi and Gasol. Those games it would have been a huge success if they even went .500.
Gasol only played 26 games....fair to assume they could play without him. Never mind some guys missed a handful of games last year, too.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think with 2016 on his mind he won't get another. If he does, buh bye, trade him

I won't underestimate his ability to sabotage himself and the team. If he's stupid enough to get to 6, then he's stupid enough to go over the line and get 7. He probably told himself not to get to 6, but he just can't control himself. Hopefully, the Warriors make it matter by forcing a game 7, and if it looks like a game 7 could occur, I will be thinking about the possibility of the 7th technical the whole time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't underestimate his ability to sabotage himself and the team. If he's stupid enough to get to 6, then he's stupid enough to go over the line and get 7. He probably told himself not to get to 6, but he just can't control himself. Hopefully, the Warriors make it matter by forcing a game 7, and if it looks like a game 7 could occur, I will be thinking about the possibility of the 7th technical the whole time.
Exactly. No doubt he was told over and over the consequences of 6 (or 7) and he still cannot control himself. And that was just on a questionable call that could have gone either way.

What if there is a bigtime missed call or Toronto baits him?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit....which is why it's beyond foolish to try and compare the jobs of Casey and Nurse.

Never mind Nurse had a hand in recent choke jobs.
Beyond foolish? Are you being Exaggerating Guy or whatever you call people?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he knows the difference between 6th and 7th. He has said many times the 2016 loss is on him, I believe he will keep it in check (until game 7 then he's getting one tech for sure LOL)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he knows the difference between 6th and 7th. He has said many times the 2016 loss is on him, I believe he will keep it in check (until game 7 then he's getting one tech for sure LOL)

I'm more confident that he'll keep things in check with the officials. He'll probably keep reminding himself about that the whole time. I'm less confident about a reaction to physical play. A simple double technical could sink the Warriors' hopes in a possible game 7 before the game even begins.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more confident that he'll keep things in check with the officials. He'll probably keep reminding himself about that the whole time. I'm less confident about a reaction to physical play. A simple double technical could sink the Warriors' hopes in a possible game 7 before the game even begins.
He's a big boy and more mature now. If he can't handle it, then there's the door. I'm not worried. Plus we still got nothing to lose, probably still 4-1 or so against us winning this title