• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the 1st quarter in both games, Miami obviously been better excluding the 4th quarter of G1.

In the other 5 quarters Miami is outscoring the Spurs 137-118 but yeah Miami isn't clearly the better team
Outside of the 2nd quarter in both games, SA obviously been better excluding the 3rd quarter of G1.

In the other 5 quarters SA is outscoring the Heat 141-111 but yeah SA isn't clearly the better

See what I did there.
Anyone watching this series can see two evenly matched teams who are going for a long series.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 quarters have been played, each team has won 4. The series is tied 1-1. That's as even as it gets. The Heat have not been "clearly better".

The Heat are clearly better when temp is 77 or below inside the building.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the LeBron bashing and everything and we have seen who the MVP is. LeBron leaves Game 1 and suddenly the Spurs outscore the Heat by 20.

Speaking of cramps, surprised LeBron didn't get cramps from carrying his entire team throughout most of Game 2.

LeBron is the sole reason the Spurs are not up 2-0 with two 20+ point wins.

True.
And the same could probably be said about the Bulls opponents if you took Jordan off those teams.
James is the only player in the league that could instantly make several teams title favorites if he decides to switch teams.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, who let the pigeon in these boards?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs are the better team, Miami has the better player. Big difference. Either way it should be a fun series.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the 2nd quarter in both games, SA obviously been better excluding the 3rd quarter of G1.

In the other 5 quarters SA is outscoring the Heat 141-111 but yeah SA isn't clearly the better

See what I did there.
Anyone watching this series can see two evenly matched teams who are going for a long series.

OK ignore that LBJ missed important parts of game 1.

They went 4-4 in winning quarters IN SAN ANTONIO!!

MIA is clearly better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK ignore that LBJ missed important parts of game 1.

They went 4-4 in winning quarters IN SAN ANTONIO!!

MIA is clearly better.

th

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I try not to read or get involved in any of the chatter in between games.

But to address which team is better. The answer should be...who cares lol

Spurs could outplay the Heat the rest of the way and every poster on the message board could talk about how the Spurs are the better team..all I care about is getting 4 wins.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA is clearly better.

If it's that clear how come Miami isn't up 2-0?

The only thing that's clear so far is that once Lebron leaves Miami, they become a lottery team and half the so called "Heat fans" disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing that's clear so far is that once Lebron leaves Miami, they become a lottery team and half the so called "Heat fans" disappear.

1. Teams like the Heat might occasionally become a lottery team. Perhaps you need to look in your Laker mirror. It doesn't last long though. Too solid of a FO and ownership, plus Miami (IMO) is the most desirable city to play in, in the NBA.

2. Whether you consider this team a dynasty or not, this team is making a historic run. What were seeing doesn't happen very often, and chances are that once it ends it will be a hell of a long time, if ever, before it happens again.

3. James is a freakish athlete. Arguably the most unique talent to ever play the game. At some point for both Heat fans and James, it will end. Until that, we'll just enjoy the ride.

4. Don't be shocked if Carmelo is wearing a Heat jersey next season.

5. Your post was pretty lame. Hopefully you were at least drunk when making it.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Teams like the Heat might occasionally become a lottery team. Perhaps you need to look in your Laker mirror. It doesn't last long though. Too solid of a FO and ownership, plus Miami (IMO) is the most desirable city to play in, in the NBA.

2. Whether you consider this team a dynasty or not, this team is making a historic run. What were seeing doesn't happen very often, and chances are that once it ends it will be a hell of a long time, if ever, before it happens again.

3. James is a freakish athlete. Arguably the most unique talent to ever play the game. At some point for both Heat fans and James, it will end. Until that, we'll just enjoy the ride.

4. Don't be shocked if Carmelo is wearing a Heat jersey next season.

5. Your post was pretty lame. Hopefully you were at least drunk when making it.

I would be shocked as hell as it would be a HORRIBLE move by this franchise. We play defense. Carmelo doesn't. 'Melo is not a championship type player. The LeBron/Kobe/Jordan type all play defense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked as hell as it would be a HORRIBLE move by this franchise. We play defense. Carmelo doesn't. 'Melo is not a championship type player. The LeBron/Kobe/Jordan type all play defense.

In my hypothetical I'm adding Anthony to what we have. Not replacing anyone.
The Heat is a defense first team, but not every player is a great defender.
I still hope Allen plays. He can't guard anyone.
Same with Lewis and Beasley.

Could you even imagine trying to defend the Heat if you added him to what is already there?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that IS how bandwagoners roll, but i'm with you. if it was so clear the Heat would be up 2-0. nothing's clear YET...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and btw, anyone who STILL blames the Spurs for the A/C going out in game one has their tinfoil hats on too tight...:laugh3:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Brothers reffing tonight.... should be.... ermmm interesting.

I hate that guy. Awful ref. has been particularly bad in the playoffs

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my hypothetical I'm adding Anthony to what we have. Not replacing anyone.
The Heat is a defense first team, but not every player is a great defender.
I still hope Allen plays. He can't guard anyone.
Same with Lewis and Beasley.

Could you even imagine trying to defend the Heat if you added him to what is already there?

It might get easier when the ball stops where Melo is. Honestly I think Melo could buy into playing D and moving the ball when he realizes that is what it takes to succeed and he is next to 3 close buddies all doing it too.

...and btw, anyone who STILL blames the Spurs for the A/C going out in game one has their tinfoil hats on too tight...:laugh3:

Anyone who thinks it was an accident is a blind follower. They just finished playing 41 regular season games and their playoff games in that building...for 12 years.

Yet game 1 of the NBA Finals the AC fails? In the history of ACed stadiums how many times has the AC gone out not just in the AT&T center but every NBA stadium in the league? AT&T Center is also the 7th newest building in the league.