• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Miami is one cramp issue away from being up 2-0. Beating SA in SA is never going to be easy. SA spent 8 months securing home court advantage in the NBA finals. It took Miami 48 minutes to take it back.

Miami winning Game 1 would mean San Antonio would play a lot more desperate basketball tonight. If Miami won Game 1 (which I think they would have had it not been for LeBron's cramps) they lose this game tonight imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like his 1st 5 misses were lay ups with coin flip no calls.

The announcers mentioned that LBJ felt he was fouled several times.

Yah, there was a couple there was definitely contact and a couple that were questionable. He could of had a very quiet 40.

He did have 8 in 51 seconds, so that helps and he only had 2 in the 1st.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King of the Clay Courts - Nadal wins the French Open

King Felix - 7 innings 0 runs 15 ks

King James - 35 pts 10 reb 14-22 shooting

A good day to be King

Dude, I was so fucking pumped Rafa won today.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami winning Game 1 would mean San Antonio would play a lot more desperate basketball tonight. If Miami won Game 1 (which I think they would have had it not been for LeBron's cramps) they lose this game tonight imo.

I thought SA wanted it just as much as Miami did tonight. But Lebron and Bosh wanted it even more, the two key guys tonight.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that was his best, you need to watch him play more. Plus the role players are still not playing great. It seems like any player on SA can go one-on-one. This serious could be 2-0 without the A/C incident

That was kind of my point - The announcers kept going on about the greatness of Lebron and wonderful he was playing and quite frankly I just didn't see it that way. I have seen him play much better and if he played like he did in Cleveland, I don't think the Spurs would have a chance.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Miami won at San Antonio. Role players are the difference between road games and home games. Tim Duncan will likely go 20 and 10 the rest of the series, but will the role players be as effective in Miami as they were at home?

I thought that Miami got lucky tonight - because without that flagarant, the Spurs were on a roll, but the added stupidity by missing four straight free throws. Had they made those, It would have been a different game

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was kind of my point - The announcers kept going on about the greatness of Lebron and wonderful he was playing and quite frankly I just didn't see it that way. I have seen him play much better and if he played like he did in Cleveland, I don't think the Spurs would have a chance.

Yah, but he doesn't play like that, unless he is in that zone. He loves to pass, especially to Bosh for that corner 3

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair thought process for regular season. This is the playoffs, 2014 LBJ. Game 1 he was attacking relentlessly. Game 2 he did the same. He wasn't looking to hand out assists. He was going for daggers that lead to kills.

That is a fair assessment but remember LBJ was the only play on those teams. He didn't have to keep other players involved because there weren't any.

I thought that Miami got lucky tonight - because without that flagarant, the Spurs were on a roll, but the added stupidity by missing four straight free throws. Had they made those, It would have been a different game

If MIA was "lucky" tonight what was SA on Thursday?

Remove ACgate and SA deserved to win game 2 much more than game 1...but they didn't.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair thought process for regular season. This is the playoffs, 2014 LBJ. Game 1 he was attacking relentlessly. Game 2 he did the same. He wasn't looking to hand out assists. He was going for daggers that lead to kills.

That is a fair assessment but remember LBJ was the only play on those teams. He didn't have to keep other players involved because there weren't any.

If MIA was "lucky" tonight what was SA on Thursday?

Remove ACgate and SA deserved to win game 2 much more than game 1...but they didn't.

I think both games so far have been close enough to say both teams got lucky - I haven't seen a real difference like I expect to see. We both know that Miami is younger, more athletic and stronger if not healthier as well. So far I don't think Miami has tried to impose their will as I expected. I still expect the Heat to win even though I would love to see the Spurs get one more before Parker and Duncan retire

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both games so far have been close enough to say both teams got lucky - I haven't seen a real difference like I expect to see. We both know that Miami is younger, more athletic and stronger if not healthier as well. So far I don't think Miami has tried to impose their will as I expected. I still expect the Heat to win even though I would love to see the Spurs get one more before Parker and Duncan retire

Truthfully I do not believe in luck. I believe in probabilities.

Lucky is used to describe things that wouldn't normally happen.

1 team losing to another team who is "younger, more athletic and stronger if not healthier" is not something I would call an anomaly but rather a probable outcome.

The AC "failing" is an "anomaly".

Thanks to the AC "failing" SA is "lucky" to have won a game is something I would say.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully I do not believe in luck. I believe in probabilities.

Lucky is used to describe things that wouldn't normally happen.

1 team losing to another team who is "younger, more athletic and stronger if not healthier" is not something I would call an anomaly but rather a probable outcome.

The AC "failing" is an "anomaly".

Thanks to the AC "failing" SA is "lucky" to have won a game is something I would say.

I will put it this way - if Miami were to lose the series, then Spoelstra should be fired.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami isn't more younger

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...sports research says this. Surprised more teams do t go to this....

psychologically its hard because players feel like its wrecks their rhythm.

I played hockey my whole life, and hockey has notoriously short shifts. Some games felt like they were hard to get into if the coach was changing lines quick on every whistle.

It helps in the 3rd period when you are fresh, but it is frustrating at the time.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all... fair is fair:

Last edited by a moderator:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#DWadeing

Last edited by a moderator:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the gym to play some ball last night, I figured out a way the heat can guarantee, GUARANTEE victory.

According to one guy there the problem is "the heat need to play my boy Michael Beasley". "Spoelstra needs to put him on Duncan". "Beasley will shut Duncan down because he is too athletic for Duncan".

I see nothing wrong with that strategy, surely this will work! Right guys?