• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A spurs fan bitching about flopping when he has Parker, Manu, and Splitter on his team?:laugh3:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A spurs fan bitching about flopping when he has Parker, Manu, and Splitter on his team?:laugh3:

Don't be so hard on them. Maybe those guys grew up playing soccer.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear there must be a sniper at every soccer match.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
At points tonight LeBron still looked tired, good news is by Tuesday he will be far enough removed from cramps to have that be a distant memory
Loved substitution pattern by Spolestra. Lebron just played 38 minutes. Rested at end of 1st and 3rd which was not typical. Good adjustment. Will need the players fresh.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved substitution pattern by Spolestra. Lebron just played 38 minutes. Rested at end of 1st and 3rd which was not typical. Good adjustment. Will need the players fresh.

Rather than giving him long rests he gave him short spurts. great recovery plan. hopefully he can get back to his normal minutes the rest of the series. they will need him 40+ later in the series

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think a PINCH-HITTER needs to be in effect.

You cannot let some mediocre dirty player injure someone.
Then have that injured player hobble out to the freethrow line and badly miss two shots.

The SPURS should have the right to send whomever they want after dirty plays.
I knew that he had no chance of making either one before he stepped up... He looked like has was going to pass out.

They had to send him to the bench immediately after.

I hope the league upgrades it to a flagrant 2 and a suspension.
There is no place for cheap shot thuggery in this great series.
He is starter and at least he plays unlike your AC engineer and arena supervisors...:bawling: don't be bitter....the AC hurt us more than a minor elbow....

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read through the the thread, but just like game 1, I'm definitely giving more credit to the team that won, not the team that lost

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rather than giving him long rests he gave him short spurts. great recovery plan. hopefully he can get back to his normal minutes the rest of the series. they will need him 40+ later in the series
True...sports research says this. Surprised more teams do t go to this....

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers is dirty, wade is just aggressive

Rio has gotten dirtier last couple years, Wade has always been "aggressive", maybe Wade taught Rio a few things but Rio isn't as talented as Wade?

bosh haters mia

Still hatin on his ass here, he is the lone prop I lost tonight.

Man I wish the spurs won this though. Be a lot more special if pop won

This says something pretty amazing, Pop winning his 5th is half the story of LBJ winning his 2nd or 3rd. More special, maybe, more relevant to history that will be talked about...no. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be. Pop is #2 in my GOAT Coaches list.

This is the first year I"ve watched the Stanley Cup since Detroit had those great teams with Yzerman and Co. And no, I never cheered on the Red Wings (I'm a Panthers fan), they were just incredibly fun to watch.

GO WINGS!!!! Hate those fucking Devils, ran the trap and smoked us in 4.

...These 2 teams are as even as you get...

No, they aren't.

Easier said then done. But you have to make him shoot the jumpshot. They had the strategy, Lebron was just better tonight

If you notice, Duncan was triple teamed in the paint all game. SA and MIA playing the same game defensively.

The SPURS are the worst game 2 team in the league.

They inexplicably lose more game 2s than any other top team.

It would not be a Spurs playoff run without a game 2 loss.

The only reason I could think why this is a constant would be Pop is a strike first guy but not great at the 1st counter. Give him 3 days and he is going to do great, but let the other team counter and maybe he gives one away there.

1st quarter Spurs outscore the Heat by 7
2nd quarter Heat answer back by outscoring the Spurs by 7
3rd quarter both teams explode for 34 and 35 pts
4th quarter Heat edges em by 5 to seal the win

Meaningless 3 at the buzzer made it a 2 point win for MIA.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami just gained a massive advantage in this series.

You said that winner of game 2 wins the series.

I agree game 2 is really important but I think SA can come back (although not likely) where as MIA would not be able to come back from a game 2 loss.

Crazy to think that in a 7 game series.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree game 2 is really important but I think SA can come back (although not likely) where as MIA would not be able to come back from a game 2 loss.

Crazy to think that in a 7 game series.
But the series is just 1-1. This isn't like game 6 last year when it seemed like the series was over. All Miami gained tonight was HC, and I don't really see that as that big a deal with these 2 teams. These 2 teams are so evenly matched that its scary

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Miami is one cramp issue away from being up 2-0. Beating SA in SA is never going to be easy. SA spent 8 months securing home court advantage in the NBA finals. It took Miami 48 minutes to take it back.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this.

But by cramp issue I mean "miracle" AC failure, and by miracle I mean well thought out pinky and the brain master plan.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally misread your post....for whatever reason, I read it as SA CAN'T comeback while Miami could come back

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the series is just 1-1. This isn't like game 6 last year when it seemed like the series was over. All Miami gained tonight was HC, and I don't really see that as that big a deal with these 2 teams. These 2 teams are so evenly matched that its scary

My thought is that these teams are not evenly matched but even MIA would find it very tough to win 4 of 5 with only 3 at home.

I think MIA is quite a bit better than SA, I thought that last year as well.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought is that these teams are not evenly matched but even MIA would find it very tough to win 4 of 5 with only 3 at home.

I think MIA is quite a bit better than SA, I thought that last year as well.

In terms of sheer talent I agree, but San Antonio makes up for it with their flawless ball movement and execution.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why everyone is saying Lebron had such a wonderful game. It seems like to me that Miami might be in trouble if Lebron delivered the best of what he has tonight. The Spurs were right in that game up to the end.

But Miami won at San Antonio. Role players are the difference between road games and home games. Tim Duncan will likely go 20 and 10 the rest of the series, but will the role players be as effective in Miami as they were at home?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why everyone is saying Lebron had such a wonderful game. It seems like to me that Miami might be in trouble if Lebron delivered the best of what he has tonight. The Spurs were right in that game up to the end.

If you think that was his best, you need to watch him play more. Plus the role players are still not playing great. It seems like any player on SA can go one-on-one. This serious could be 2-0 without the A/C incident

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of sheer talent I agree, but San Antonio makes up for it with their flawless ball movement and execution.

There is a reason that fundamentals have gone out the window for a good jump shot, talent is currently beating fundamentals.

Their flawless fundamentals and execution will only get them so far. They are dinosaurs in the NBA world. The most perfect, advanced dinosaurs ever. They are machines. They are great white sharks.

MIA is a killer whale though. They are gifted with physical talents, creativity and problem solving.

This series is a war of Art vs Machines.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that was his best, you need to watch him play more. Plus the role players are still not playing great. It seems like any player on SA can go one-on-one. This serious could be 2-0 without the A/C incident

I feel like his 1st 5 misses were lay ups with coin flip no calls.

The announcers mentioned that LBJ felt he was fouled several times.