• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand I feel that you totally cannot count out a b2b champion, especially this heat team, but Bill Simmons brought up a painful memory the other night...this series reminds me of Det/LA 2004. LA won game 2 by the skin of their teeth and everyone assumed that they were back in control. With every following game, I kept saying that there's NO WAY that they'll lose the next game, and you truly didn't realize how over the series was until Detroit was up by like 30 something in game 5. Out of respect, I still give Miami a chance...but I just get the feeling that if the Spurs jump out on the Heat early, it won't end pretty

It reminded me of that series as well. I felt bad for the Lakers, and I hate the Pistons....more than I hate the Lakers now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to find a way to get easy baskets tomorrow also. We had 0 fast break points at the half in game 4.

I just really hope Spo does the right thing and take Lewis out of the lineup in favor of either Battier or Haslem

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis and chalmers need to be out of the starting lineup

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the reminder:

Public Service Announcement for Heat Fans/Lebroniacs:

Assuming the Heat do not beat the odds and do end up losing: Be prepared. There is likely a shitstorm headed your way. All of the smacktalk, disparaging other posters teams and players, calling other posters liars when told why they don't like your team and/or telling them what are "acceptable reasons", etc. that many of you have been doing for the past 4 years is all going to be paid back in full, plus interest.

For the more easily butthurt amongst you (like the Heat fan quoted) you may want to consider a break from the boards for awhile. Either that or man up and take it.

PLEASE believe this message...:lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis and chalmers need to be out of the starting lineup

You can't take out both because it just kills the bench. If they bench Chalmers the only logical option would be to replace him with Ray Allen. I think Lewis is hurting our defense more. Honestly I think UD is the way to go. At least if you start UD, Bosh wouldn't have to get killed by Duncan anymore. I do know that UD will make it harder for Timmy to score.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would he play? Lebron can play the 3 or the 1. You have Parker and Kawhi. Besides, Kawhi's still on his rookie deal. You'll need to resign him as well.

AFA where would he play, I'd leave that up to Pop. His minutes would be reduced and he would last longer.

AFA signing Kawhi, he is signed through 2015-16. Not an issue at this time.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the reminder:

Public Service Announcement for Heat Fans/Lebroniacs:

Assuming the Heat do not beat the odds and do end up losing: Be prepared. There is likely a shitstorm headed your way. All of the smacktalk, disparaging other posters teams and players, calling other posters liars when told why they don't like your team and/or telling them what are "acceptable reasons", etc. that many of you have been doing for the past 4 years is all going to be paid back in full, plus interest.

For the more easily butthurt amongst you (like the Heat fan quoted) you may want to consider a break from the boards for awhile. Either that or man up and take it.

My name is True Lakers Fan and I approve of this message

In addition I also strongly approve of the shit storm headed to the Heat after the Spurs finishes their ass whipping on them. :laugh3::lol::10:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest Move so far in this series was Diaw inserted into the starting lineup. Its Time for Spo to make some kind of adjustment. I agree Lewis needs to be taken out. Also maybe giving some min to Oden just to see if he can grab some rebounds and use some fouls.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice starting 5 would be
Wade
Allen
LBJ
Bosh
Lewis(stretches floor) or Haslem(Hustle points and rebounds).

LBJ plays point. He needs as many touches as possible.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the talk is centered around Lebron, but I predict Flash is gonna explode for a huge game and get some key San Antonio players in foul trouble early on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Ive said before this series isnt over until the Spurs win 4 games then Ill believe it. Heat win tonight then its really game on. If there is one team that can pull off this come back its the Heat. I dont see it happening but it wouldnt surprise me at all.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Ive said before this series isnt over until the Spurs win 4 games then Ill believe it. Heat win tonight then its really game on. If there is one team that can pull off this come back its the Heat. I dont see it happening but it wouldnt surprise me at all.

Even if Heat win tonight, SA still has 2 of the last 3 games at home.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pops better not take it easy tonight thinking hes confident to get 1 of 2 in SA. Spurs have had enough rest, time to try to put these guys away.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's playing with house money at this point. Everyone has them all but done. Game 5 will be hard to pull off since the momentum with the Spurs. If Miami somehow pulls it off, they have to go back to Miami where the Spurs proved they can win. But if this somehow goes to game 7, I give it to Miami.

But we still have to play game 5.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retro-

if we keep LeBron we will be back. the east is weak.

I agree Flauge. And Pat Riley will reload the team as he has done this before on a number occasions at different times and places during his career.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there's really no pressure on Miami at this point as not a single impartial viewer expects them to win the series.

If Miami can pull off this game tonight, suddenly the series is back on and the pressure will start to mount for the Spurs. A victory tonight gives them a chance to play at home for a game 7. If it gets to a game 7 the talk will be 100% about the Spurs potential to be part of back to back epic Finals collapses.

One game at a time though. Let's go Miami.